Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

Thumbs of Legends

I did a quick search in this forum and didn't find a reference to it, so forgive me if this has been brought up before; does anyone play League of Legends?

It's a free online game from Riot Games, the creators of DotA Allstars, and unsurprisingly enough it's a DotA clone. What it also happens to be is a really fun DotA clone, and I'm enjoying it a lot right now playing with a small group of friends.

I'm looking for excuses to play more matches to get more exp and IP so I can buy some sweet Champions (you can also buy shit with real money in microtransactions if you're so inclined), and I'd be much more into it playing with some Thumbs than the usual LoL community... as a lot of them are dicks, simply put.

I'm not sure exactly what the cross-region situation is with this game, my experience is that the website is a bit fragmented but I don't know whether it causes any issues for actual games.

Anyone interested? My LoL name is Gwardinen, feel free to shoot me a friends request if you sign up. Or if you feel particularly nice, I think following this link will put me as your referrer, which might get me some time with boosted IP if a few of you register: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c9d159cabe20329040180

i'm on the EU server as dibster. the EU and US servers are seperate and in seperate locations.

tis awesome.

I'm wahwah on the EU server, but I'm currently interning in LA and the ping is too bad to play with my old account. So I started a new one on the US server, summoner name = Olb

But it's annoying to start at lvl 1 again with no champs/skins/runes, I spent quite some time (and cash) on my EU account already =\

Anyway, if you're looking for some friendly people to play with I recommend these guys: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18105400

Apparently LoL won some kind of award so every champion is free to play this weekend and there's some bonus IP as well.

I have no idea what its about and have only seen about 1/2 the cinematic trailer on the signup page, but I'm downloading it anyways seeing as its free :P my username is keibo84.

Summoner name on US Realm is Kiith Nabaal. Hit me on Steam if you want to play, usually up for some of the LoL.

you guys play any all random all mid? i love it despite the horrible teams the random can give you!

Is that your user name or your summoner name and are you on EU, caus i can't fin keibo84 when i went to add you:(

you guys play any all random all mid? i love it despite the horrible teams the random can give you!

Is that your user name or your summoner name and are you on EU, caus i can't fin keibo84 when i went to add you:(

yeah that was my username. It finished downloading about an hour ago, so I'll give it a go tomorrow and post my summoner name( didn't know there was a difference lol) I'm in Europe so I'll be on an eu server aswell ;)

It bugs me that I don't know how to jungle. It's just an entire sphere of the game that I simply don't understand and feel like I should.

It bugs me that I don't know how to jungle. It's just an entire sphere of the game that I simply don't understand and feel like I should.

Timing and lots of it.

ok so I created my summoner(keibo) and played the tutorial. it seems very much like warcraft 3 so far, which is a good thing :). I'll give it a proper shot later after I've had lunch and stuff.

I also went and added you Dibs.

Jungling itself isn't that hard (on Warwick at least), but figuring out when is the best time to gank and dragon and give support in a lane is harder.

For WW i go smite and flash. Buy cloth armour (to build madreds). At the start i wait in the bushes near lizard to make sure i'm not ganked. once everyone on the enemy team is accounted for i start with Lizzard (smite), the small golems, the wraiths, then small wolves, then large golem. after that it should be pretty easy to kill what you want. if the enemy has no jungler, go accross and take their liz and golem when you can. dragon at level 6 after a gank!

I'm Patters on the US server, been playing a lot with my TF2 friends.

SUUUUNNNNNFIIIIRRRREEEE CAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEESSSSS

what kinda pings do you get from the UK to america Patters?

i hope you are eve + sunfires for the lulz.

what kinda pings do you get from the UK to america Patters?

i hope you are eve + sunfires for the lulz.

180 ish, enough to play with.

Sunnfires was mostly a joke as we were running all tanks with multiple capes, we killed the dragon without attacking at all.

get every 1 to connect to ur router then 1 person host the game and every 1 else will find the game if they r connected properly but mind u if u dont have a high mb thing it might work slowlky due to the bandwidth allowance

Slightly off topic (and a bit of a necro), but does anyone play Heroes of Newerth? I've been wanting to give it a go but there's absolutely no free trial feature without having a code from an existing player.

Slightly off topic (and a bit of a necro), but does anyone play Heroes of Newerth? I've been wanting to give it a go but there's absolutely no free trial feature without having a code from an existing player.

I blow miserable piles of chunks at it currently, but I can happily give you a code. . .I think I have some.

Edit: I does. PM an email and away it goes.

I actually found that if you sign up for Alienware Arena they give you a code, so I got one. I played one game, though, and was so deeply confused and saddened by it that I may just drop it. On reflection when I already understand LoL so well it seems a bit odd to try to get into a similar game that will nevertheless have an even more brutal learning curve, an even worse community and less (read: none) of my friends playing.

Maybe I should make a US LoL account so I can play with some of you guys, though. I presume the lag wouldn't be too bad.

I actually found that if you sign up for Alienware Arena they give you a code, so I got one. I played one game, though, and was so deeply confused and saddened by it that I may just drop it. On reflection when I already understand LoL so well it seems a bit odd to try to get into a similar game that will nevertheless have an even more brutal learning curve, an even worse community and less (read: none) of my friends playing.

Maybe I should make a US LoL account so I can play with some of you guys, though. I presume the lag wouldn't be too bad.

It's fine.

While there are aspects of HoN I significantly prefer (almost everything, actually), I've played so many games of LoL that's it's just sort of how I understand Lords Management games now. Before I played LoL, I did fine and dandy in the HoN beta, but now I'm a mewling babe.

Plus I've sunk an unnecessarily large amount of money into LoL. So yeah, I'd be up for more LoL with Thumbs sometime. I believe Pat and I played a game once, I don't remember how it went though.

As previously stated: Kiith Nabaal.

Usually on LoL from 7PM MST to 2/3AM the same. If you're up for a game some other time, nab me on Steam. I believe I have you on there already, Gwar.

Anyone still playing this? i see Gwarden pop up on my friends list (EU West) sometimes is about all.

I'd say a thumbs team could break our way into the 1200's/low 1300's for deffo:P

I was playing this game a lot and for some reason stopped playing after the first week of February, I think I was busy with school, and haven't gotten around to playing it since. It also got to the point for me where I really liked playing the game, but only when I was playing with my friends. I didn't feel like solo queuing ranked so I only played normals with my friends, but they play ranked a lot (a couple are in the 1600's and one is ~1850, so they don't want to queue with me) so it's basically a matter of if I log on at night and they happen to be on, aren't already in a game and want to play a normal.

I'd love to get back into League of Legends, or rather, advance from being a complete idiot at it and become at least half decent. Put me down for the team and I'll be on regularly.