ysbreker

Minecraft

Draw distance set to normal for the third one. Also dug a shaft straight up from the biggest lava chamber, and built a giant stone arrow so we could see it on the next render.

Then crafted a compass, turns out it comes up just a couple of hilltops NW of Patter's castle (Edit: looking at an old render, it's probably even closer to the empire state).

post-461-13375603271403_thumb.png

post-461-1337560327282_thumb.png

post-461-13375603274127_thumb.png

Then crafted a compass, turns out it comes up just a couple of hilltops NW of Patter's castle (Edit: looking at an old render, it's probably even closer to the empire state).

It's quite close to the Empire. I will build a road out that direction.

Edit: It has been done. A road now extends to the cave.

I also took the liberty of creating an additional entrance by the workbench and furnace.

Edited by jennoa

ah here we go, they used this: http://github.com/brownan/Minecraft-Overviewer

Frankly I'm not smart enough to figure this out but we should definitely keep it in mind for later.

That is a neat tool. Sadly I can't run this since I don't have access to python on either my webserver or the rented game server. Maybe when we switch over to the server Tabacco is setting up we can run this. But that's something for Tabacco to answer.

That is a neat tool. Sadly I can't run this since I don't have access to python on either my webserver or the rented game server. Maybe when we switch over to the server Tabacco is setting up we can run this. But that's something for Tabacco to answer.

Yeah, I have Python and I can build the rest of the prereqs. I'll give it a shot when I get home Sunday (out of town for a friend's wedding right now)

So I have been keeping one eye on log files, being a benevolent philosopher king/big brother of the server and noticed this thing:

2010-10-13 03:58:02 <snooglebum> How long has this serven been up!?

2010-10-13 03:58:07 <snooglebum> 10 years?

2010-10-13 03:58:24 <Squid_Division> month and a half or two months I think

2010-10-13 03:58:44 <snooglebum> the amount of insane cool shit made in just two months is insane.

2010-10-13 03:58:52 <Thompson820> yep

2010-10-13 03:58:58 <jennoa> I regret having lived before the momment I found this server

2010-10-13 03:59:09 <Squid_Division> you should be here when we reset the world

2010-10-13 03:59:25 <snooglebum> oh no, the world is being reset?

2010-10-13 03:59:32 <Squid_Division> after halloween

2010-10-13 03:59:37 <snooglebum> noooooo!

2010-10-13 03:59:41 <Squid_Division> or on halloween, don't remember which

2010-10-13 03:59:56 <jennoa> don't worry there will be new cool shit here again

2010-10-13 04:00:09 <snooglebum> yeah, but it'll be a shame to lose all this

2010-10-13 04:00:24 <Squid_Division> new one will be better since we've had practice

2010-10-13 04:00:32 <jennoa> yeah, make sure you screenshot it

2010-10-13 04:01:22 <snooglebum> welp, I've got class tomorrow. so it's bedtime for me

2010-10-13 04:01:29 <Thompson820> later

2010-10-13 04:01:31 <jennoa> nighty nite

2010-10-13 04:01:33 <Squid_Division> later

2010-10-13 04:01:39 <snooglebum> good night all.

The server has barely been up for three weeks, guys. :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned:

Holy. SHIT. You're kidding. The Idle Thumbs community is made up of superhumans!

Also, me going to bed is now famous on the internet!

Just found out someone vandalized my cathedral. I fixed everything, but there's one block of indestructible stone floating near the altar that I can't remove.

I'm disappointed. :tdown:

Just found out someone vandalized my cathedral. I fixed everything, but there's one block of indestructible stone floating near the altar that I can't remove.

I'm disappointed. :tdown:

Oh, I'm sorry, that was me. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in retrospect I don't know what I was thinking. I thought the church needed some opulence and an altar. ;(:getmecoat

Oh, I'm sorry, that was me. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in retrospect I don't know what I was thinking. I thought the church needed some opulence and an altar. ;(:getmecoat

And a tree on the roof. :shifty:

Oh well, all is going to hell in a couple of days anyway. :getmecoat

Oh well, all is going to hell in a couple of days anyway. :getmecoat

Now, the tree on the roof wasn't my doing.

Oh crap, forgot about that thing. It was most likely me. The client crashed when I was playing up there, and I didn't bother to restart it to clean up after myself.

Well, I looked around and it looks like there is no way for me to remove that block. ;( If it is any consolation, I have learned my lesson about building unwanted things with indestructible blocks.

Hi,

I'm a friend of Nachimir. I think my name when I log on to the server appears as Kanedacorp.

I'd like write access please, I will try not to break anything...

Whilst you're adding people, any chance I could get in on the action too please?

Just please POST YOUR MINECRAFT HANDLE. :( :( :( It might be obvious, but c'mon, make it easier on me.

PiratePoo requesting joinage to the awesome pool!

what's with everybody suddenly joining now that the days of the world are numbered?