ysbreker

Minecraft

My friend was trying to build a submarine today, but it just ended up being his underwater home.

Do you guys think that it's possible? With enough redstone and stuff do you think we could make a submarine that actually moves and everything?

moving stuff? is that possible?

today is not a good minecraft day, now minecraft.net is unreachable

Wait, are there actually actuators in the game? I thought only doors and lights could be wired up.

Wait, are there actually actuators in the game? I thought only doors and lights could be wired up.

I'm not totally sure, but there's shedloads to be done/added with redstone.

I'm not totally sure, but there's shedloads to be done/added with redstone.

I don't think there are moving things beyond boats and minecarts.

More of Orvidos' work. A Nick effigy.

nickeffigy.png

That was my work, thank you. =P And hello. I'm new-ish to the server. Just my first time out here.

I just went there to do some sightseeing and it looks like my house is still intact, but my craft room is now a community chest? :erm:

I just went there to do some sightseeing and it looks like my house is still intact, but my craft room is now a community chest? :erm:

ha, it probably wasn't me, but sometimes i do just drop random goodies in peoples' chests. my diamond tools sometimes decide to clone themselves so i deposit them in the nearest house.

There's now a glass skyscraper with hovering gardens North West of the giant man and woman statues.

I've done better in one session on this server than in multiple ones in single player. First I found 4 diamond blocks within a few hours, then 75 blocks of Obsidian in one place, in a deep cave with multiple streams running over lava. I tried to reproduce it, but could only make two more.

Edit: Totally plotting to mass manufacture obsidian now. May have found a way...

Edited by Nachimir

Anyone had any luck with 2x2 infinite water sources? I've tried to make them, but they don't seem to be working on the Thumb server.

Edited by Nachimir

Anyone had any luck with 2x2 infinite water sources? I've tried to make them, but they don't seem to be working on the Thumb server.

DDDD
DRWD
DWRD
DDDD

D- solid block

W-water

R-Block to be removed

Then remove the R blocks.

At least it should work, the checker board can be expanded.

Thanks Patters, got it. Most tutorials showed it being filled without the checkerboard, which works offline. Found this excellent tutorial on engineering stuff with water too:

UTzgqpDZkpE

You must have only one water block high water for this to work. You can knock out the lower levels if you want to later. Works fine on the server.

Yeah, I was trying a 2x2x1, but without two corners filled then knocked out after the two buckets are emptied, they don't work properly online.

I looked into obsidian manufacture, but it seems all methods for generating lava are out of date, so it's easiest to collect lots of lava, then cast layers of obsidian exactly where you want it. Makes sense, since it takes 15 seconds per block to mine.

I have had absolutely no issues with water. Lava, however, is a completely different beast.

i found the secret to infinite lava.

sdfdf.png

stack two blocks of dirt, and on top of that, drop a lava bucket. delete the two dirt blocks and the lava will make a column like in the picture. if you take the top lava block, it will come back after a second or two. repeat as needed.

NOOOOOO

My copmuter crashed while playing Minecraft. When I came back my save games was gone.:(

We were playing with the lava trick, and elmuerte discovered hover lava :tup:

It works really well!

attachment.php?attachmentid=589&stc=1&d=1286398137

I've recast the base of my tower:

attachment.php?attachmentid=590&stc=1&d=1286398202

Casting obsidian vertically with a reservoir unplugged at the top of a column works too:

attachment.php?attachmentid=591&stc=1&d=1286398299

post-461-13375603264891_thumb.jpg

post-461-13375603265583_thumb.jpg

post-461-13375603266199_thumb.jpg

Also, because I made a lake before understanding how to do it properly, it's now become an excellent egg collector:

attachment.php?attachmentid=592&stc=1&d=1286398406

post-461-13375603266788_thumb.jpg