ysbreker

Minecraft

Minecarts don't work. Yet. I fully expect them to work pretty soon though.

[edit] Don't know if it is because of the tracks or some unrelated bug. But shortly after placing tracks the game gets very laggy and the CPu usage goes through the roof. So placing tracks might not be exactly bugfree.

I just discovered Minecraft the other day. It's amazing. So far what you guys are talking about is far above my head though. I've really only acted out my fantasy of being a DF dwarf and digging far into underground caverns.

I'm only just discovering the madness that can be unleashed with a crafting table and a furnace. :tup:

When I've got the hang of it in singleplayer a bit more I'd love to pop into the idle thumbs server to check out what you guys have been up to!

More (belated) screenshots of the WIP on my cathedral. Yesterday I finished the inside and outside balcony, added some details inside the building, including the chandeliers pictured below. Today I worked some more on the roof. More pictures soon.

post-104-1337560325896_thumb.png

post-104-13375603259729_thumb.png

post-104-13375603260495_thumb.png

I was working on a mushroom cloud, but it turned out shit.

Maybe I'm going to convert it to a volcano... unless somebody has a better idea.

Crystal quarter pyramid shaping up. Ocean view greenhouse at the fore under construction.

MC2.jpg

I was working on a mushroom cloud, but it turned out shit.

Maybe I'm going to convert it to a volcano... unless somebody has a better idea.

It looks good from below.

I started working on the Idle Thumbs House of Parliament/amphitheater behind the wizard's tower, in which people can vote* by lighting up huge :tup::tmeh::tdown: signs (haven't started on those yet). It might be a long project, since I usually have only a couple of hours to spend on this in a day. The amphitheater area is blocked with a dirt wall for now, but there isn't much inside yet. Some of the wiring is in place going up to the placeholder pillars where the thumbs should be, and a maintenance room where some more complex wiring could be done if necessary.

I'm thinking of two options for the wiring:

1) one person can vote at a time, by standing on a pressure plate corresponding to a thumb (really simple)

2) separate voting places for everyone, and some kind of counter that counts which thumb has more votes and lights that up.

In case of doing the second option, a switch in the maintenance room could toggle between modes 1) and 2)

* I have no idea if we need to actually vote about anything, this is just for fun.

It looks good from below.

I started working on the Idle Thumbs House of Parliament/amphitheater behind the wizard's tower, in which people can vote* by lighting up huge :tup::tmeh::tdown: signs (haven't started on those yet). It might be a long project, since I usually have only a couple of hours to spend on this in a day. The amphitheater area is blocked with a dirt wall for now, but there isn't much inside yet. Some of the wiring is in place going up to the placeholder pillars where the thumbs should be, and a maintenance room where some more complex wiring could be done if necessary.

I'm thinking of two options for the wiring:

1) one person can vote at a time, by standing on a pressure plate corresponding to a thumb (really simple)

2) separate voting places for everyone, and some kind of counter that counts which thumb has more votes and lights that up.

In case of doing the second option, a switch in the maintenance room could toggle between modes 1) and 2)

* I have no idea if we need to actually vote about anything, this is just for fun.

We can vote people off the island!

And whether to have sushi or salad!

I'm sure we'll think of something.

I love this game. I wanna help. :owned:

Help is welcome! Especially on the design of the building and the thumbs.

I built a Nautodrome (boat racing circus) south of the Mausoleum. It has spinae in true Roman fashion to obscure the audience's view and increase suspense. Please bring your own boats for now.

I feel like in a week or so we should have a big procession to go around and see everyone's stuff and have it culminate at the nautodrome for a race.

(I'm such a god damn classics nerd.)

Edit: Just remembered, in between the Mausoleum and Nautodrome is a public bath. See above parenthetical.

I built a Nautodrome (boat racing circus) south of the Mausoleum. It has spinae in true Roman fashion to obscure the audience's view and increase suspense. Please bring your own boats for now.

I feel like in a week or so we should have a big procession to go around and see everyone's stuff and have it culminate at the nautodrome for a race.

(I'm such a god damn classics nerd.)

Edit: Just remembered, in between the Mausoleum and Nautodrome is a public bath. See above parenthetical.

Where's my hippodrome, you plebe?! I'll ride that pig faster than you never seen!

I just discovered Minecraft the other day. It's amazing. So far what you guys are talking about is far above my head though. I've really only acted out my fantasy of being a DF dwarf and digging far into underground caverns.

I'm only just discovering the madness that can be unleashed with a crafting table and a furnace. :tup:

When I've got the hang of it in singleplayer a bit more I'd love to pop into the idle thumbs server to check out what you guys have been up to!

There's a mod out which lets us convert out DF saves into MC, which I'm very excited about. Think of how fast we'll be able to get some mining done! Will repost with link when I get in, but I'm at uni now.

I'm finally taking the plunge and I'm going to be walking around your creations soon. I tried the free singleplayer but all that really happened was that I beat up some sheep.

Ok, I logged in and ran around and talked to Joflar for a second, and then it crashed twice.

I saw a couple of your creations though, you guys are awesome. I'm looking forward to getting into it more.

isn't there a faster way to connect to the server?

copy pasting everytime sucks

Somewhat related: I think I haven't advertised it much, but there's a sauna behind the big tree.

Ok, I logged in and ran around and talked to Joflar for a second, and then it crashed twice.

I saw a couple of your creations though, you guys are awesome. I'm looking forward to getting into it more.

reduce your draw distance