Wubbles

The Bethesda Podcast, featuring Nick Breckon

Thank you for informing me of this, because I still haven't figured out things like RSS. I'm still very "Web 1.0".

This is corporate podcasting done right... with abandon. I love it, you guys don't seem to be constantly worried about somebody tossing you out for speaking your mind.

Man, Feargus Urquhart doesn't even sound close to what I always imagined he would sound like.

Love the third episode, with the familiar robot voice making a guest appearance. Thumbs influence is enormous! Nick is also totally into leading questions :tup:

I'm having a hard time listening to these podcasts. They are produced at the behest of ZENIMAX THE IMPLACABLE - and some reptilian part of my brain believes this makes them untrustworthy.

I'm being unfair, the three episodes provide no real cause for concern, but I wonder how good a 'podcast conceived as a promotion' can be as a podcast.

Edited by Cult of Jared

I think your preconceptions are getting the better of you. Taking these podcasts at face value I find them incredibly candid and down to earth. It sounds nothing like a commercial.

I'm having a hard time listening to these podcasts. They are produced at the behest of ZENIMAX THE IMPLACABLE - and some reptilian part of my brain believes this makes them untrustworthy.

I'm being unfair, the three episodes provide no real cause for concern, but I do wonder how good a 'podcast conceived as a promotion' can be as a podcast.

They're obviously created with the purpose of servicing the publicity needs of a big company, but that's absolutely not mutually exclusive to containing good content. Similarly, there's a team of people at every publisher deciding what games to greenlight based on what fits into a corporate strategy, and then shaping the game's publicity based on that, but that doesn't mean the games are inherently bad.

Having said that, ZENIMAX THE IMPLACABLE is a fantastic name.

New Steam name for a day or two.

Goddamn Nick is having a lot of fun in these podcasts :)

it's pronounced "Congrats Nick"

Now with Nick and Chris having a podcast at the company they work for. How long until we see The TellTale Podcast with Jake "video games" V.G. Rodkin and vo-host Sean "famous" Vanaman?

The mobile phone stuff was interesting. His sentiments regarding Android and Iphone are the inverse of all conventional wisdom I've heard. But I suppose if you are motherfucking John Carmack, you don't have to worry about the Apple approval process.

John Carmack is the geekiest geek mcgeekgeek in the world ever.

It was honestly a little humbling listening to him talk with such authority on topics I could never even hope to understand. Very cool guy.

This episode inspired me to buy Rage on iPhone which has inspired me to buy Rage on PC when it comes out. God damn that shotgun is satisfying.

The Bethesda Podcast is quickly becoming my new favorite thing.

John Carmack is a competent, indescribable person, almost the opposite of someone like Cliff Bleszinski. A genius who doesn't play it to the media, but goes his own, elusive, wonderful way. Fantastic. I never imagined him to sound like this. Also, people will die.

John Carmack is a competent, indescribable person, almost the opposite of someone like Cliff Bleszinski. A genius who doesn't play it to the media, but goes his own, elusive, wonderful way. Fantastic. I never imagined him to sound like this. Also, people will die.

I agree with this completely. He's happy being his own incredibly intelligent, relatively reclusive guy.

I also imagined him to be some huge, bulky, incredibly deep-voiced man. Probably because his surname has 'car' in it.