Moelman

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I hadn't been following this game after thinking it was just going to be a God of War clone but after seeing the trailer put out today at TGS I am pretty sure I'll be buying it. It's a long trailer but definitely worth the watch especially if you were previously unsure about this game (though its just cutscenes no gameplay)

wYOAuGgTUgY

I would consider myself a fan of the Castlevania series, Symphony of the Night is my favorite console game ever and I like several of the other games though no recent console games. Really hope this ends that bad streak. Anyone else interested in this one?

edit: didn't realize that vid didn't have English subs, replaced it with one that did.

Edited by Moelman

Yes, I am, but no online multiplayer or local co-op, so no buy.

I'm joking

I normally like the Japanese dubs, but fuck it, give me Patrick Stewart and Robert Carlyle. Really digging the vibe; more Western, seems right. I'll await what the reviews say about the gameplay, but if it's good then it's probably a day one perch for me. Not even a Castlevania fan, just really liking what I'm seeing.

These cutscenes have piqued my interest, even if it's the typical Japanese bullshit version of European middle ages pushed to an extreme (I bet even Diablo isn't so heavy with its religious idiom... although...!). I'm a little afraid that the gameplay is going to be God of War-esque, which has historically bored me to pieces.

Is anyone really that interested in pulling combos?

Trailers with nothing but cutscenes are almost as big a turnoff as trailers with QTEs.

Yes, I am, but no online multiplayer or local co-op, so no buy.

I'm joking

I normally like the Japanese dubs, but fuck it, give me Patrick Stewart and Robert Carlyle. Really digging the vibe; more Western, seems right. I'll await what the reviews say about the gameplay, but if it's good then it's probably a day one perch for me. Not even a Castlevania fan, just really liking what I'm seeing.

I'm not a big fan of the Castlevania series either, but I'm a fan of the idea of it, if that makes any sense. I dig the idea and the setting, I was just never really into that genre of game. Probably just because I was crap at it when I was young. This all looks cool though.

These cutscenes have piqued my interest, even if it's the typical Japanese bullshit version of European middle ages pushed to an extreme (I bet even Diablo isn't so heavy with its religious idiom... although...!). I'm a little afraid that the gameplay is going to be God of War-esque, which has historically bored me to pieces.

If the combat system is decent, then sure. Though I'm not sure if I agree that it's typical Japanese bullshit, considering the Western developer... What I've seen so far in terms of "acting" has been a lot more restrained then what I'd expect out of Japanese stuff. We'll see, of course. This is just wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they pull a Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I'm not a big fan of the Castlevania series either, but I'm a fan of the idea of it, if that makes any sense. I dig the idea and the setting, I was just never really into that genre of game. Probably just because I was crap at it when I was young. This all looks cool though.

I agree, I'm kind of in the same boat. Never played it as a kid as I didn't really like it. This totally sparkles with me, though.

A lot of the trailer just confused me, but just thought I'd say I love the subtlety of some of the animation, especially some of the facial animation and expressions of the lead character. 4:32 was a good example.

Anyone pick this one up? I am gonna wait just because I still have several console games I'm working on (RDR, Bayonetta, and others), but will definitely be picking it up at some point.

I tried the demo on PS3. It looks really pretty, but the gameplay is very GoW derivative. Not really grabbing me. Also some of the narration they give Patrick Stewart to read is awful and enemies don't really seem to react visually enough to getting hit aside from the hit that kills 'em.

It may also just be that I have too much on my gaming plate at the moment to be interested (Civ5, Deathspank:ToV, Minecraft and, soon, Fallout:Vegas & Costume Quest).

The guys who made Bayonetta and many people who played Bayonetta. Let me say, though that you can enjoy the hell out of Bayonetta without giving too much of a shit about combos. If you enjoyed Final Fight in your younger days you'll experience the same raucous joy with Bayonetta.

Sorry, guys, that I'm making posts about games that are not what the threads are about. Threads are just reminding me of other games.

Anyone pick this one up? I am gonna wait just because I still have several console games I'm working on (RDR, Bayonetta, and others), but will definitely be picking it up at some point.

Make sure to finish Red Dead Redemption. It's well worth the effort. And when you think you're done, there's one more thing to do.