Tanukitsune

I think I might be becoming a Megami Tensei fan...

When it comes to RPG games I'm ridiculous picky, I probably despise some of your favorites, but I just realized something....

I beat Persona 4 in Spring and it's one of my favorite JRPGs ever, easily among my top 3 and when Persona 1 came out for PSP I bought it... kinda reluctantly, since it's an old PSOne game, but... I still loved it? :erm:

I did get a bit frustrated when I had to grind so I could use the ultimate Persona, but once I could all was forgiven! :clap:

The thing is... How do I know if I actually like the Megami Tensei series? Was this a freak accident? :|

Does anybody play these games? Persona 3 isn't out in Europe yet, but maybe I could try something from the other series? Are they similar?

Frankly, I'm not even sure if anybody here knows what I'm talking about, but if would be nice to know if the other games are worth trying out?

You can pick up Persona 3: FES at most well sorted stores in Sweden at least. Maybe you are talking about the PSP version?

I haven't been able to find a PS2 copy of that game, it would be easier to just wait for the PSP release?:erm:

Unless you've got a bunch of other stuff to play through I'd get an import copy from video gamesplus.ca rather than wait. Delivery to the UK took exactly a week and they are reliable - I've used them for the MLB The Show games.

What I've heard of the original Persona sounds quite interesting, stuff like apparently being able to talk your way out of any battle - but as far as the SMT series is concerned I have no idea. I've only ever played Persona 3, 4 and P3P (which is a little different to its PS2 version in how streamlined it is, not to mention the additional content).

They have another game coming out called Catherine which I think is a trial run for their next big Persona title. Looks a little odd, you should check it out as those graphics (if they are real time) look like they'd do a new Persona game justice.

Yes! The talking with the enemy is AWESOME! Different demons have different personalities and react differently to each character, some like it when you pretend to be afraid of them, some... like it when you hit on them...:blink:

If they are eager, they become a card to fuse into personas, if they are happy they give you present, if they are afraid they flee and if they are angry they can attack and stun you! You can also get a two conditions at the same time and get them happy and afraid so they give you something so you won't hurt them...

The best part of that game is when I was near the end getting the cards for the ultimate Personas and I talked to a Divine type with a powerful Divine Persona...

The Persona I had TALKED to the divine demon and convinced him to join us! THAT WAS SO COOL! :clap:

I can wait, but I was wondering if anybody had played the Devil Summoner or the other Megami games... I think they all have the same demons and that's what it's considered the same series?:erm:

:blink:

I also see an ad for a Dynasty Warriors MMO... EEEP!

I doubt I'll ever play an MMO, unless I somehow beat every game ever I don't have time to play a game that doesn't end...:shifty:

I'm the same way, except every now and again I'll creep back to WOW and then...... solo for ages until a game comes out I like and the monthly fee becomes untenable.

I might get Persona 3 Portable but I have an unfortunate tendency of playing the first eight or nine hours of a JRPG and then never quite getting back to it. I did that with the Persona remake on PSP.

I've imported SMT Strange Journey (DS) on a whim, in a desperate attempt to get some use out of this wretched machine. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you liked Persona 4, you'll almost certainly like Persona 3. The two games are very similar. I own like three copies of P3 at this point. If I had to choose one to get, I'd pick the PSP version for the female game and extras, but FES is an excellent choice that might be easier to find in your region. FES has an epilogue that continues the story after the ending. P3 PSP has a female option with different music, menu design, and some different scenes and dialogue. the PSP version also has a redone voice script which I think flows better than the original, but you miss out on animated and in-game cutscenes (which have been re-done visual novel-style.)

Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne are much more weighted towards dungeon crawling. I loved the minimalist storytelling and crazy visuals of DDS, but I really had to power through some of the later parts of the game.

Not that much, but you do have to do some grinding to get through some of the later dungeons, and after a while the random encounter rate and the size of the dungeons wore me out.

Digital Devil Saga pretty much confirmed for me that I never want to play another game with random encounters.