Jake

Idle Thumbs 51: Burnin' Down the Wolfman [Now with Video!]

wisdom teeth removal

So I guess that means I cant call you The Wise Old (Big) Bird anymore :(

Good luck man.

I got 'em out when I was 19 under general. If they're going to split apart a tooth in each corner of my mouth and then dig out the shards, I don't fucking want to be awake for it. The anesthetic really varies in how it gets different people though. I actually went out drinking with my friends the same day I had the surgery, but my buddy who got the same treatment was out for two weeks. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard, Jake.

wisdom teeth removal

I hear they give you happy pills after you get this procedure done. And then everyone can yell "Pills here!" at you.

oooh, my sis had that one done miffy. she used to cradle her painkillers beside her jaw waiting the last half hour before her next dosage.

Jake coming back from the Wizard after his wisdom teeth were removed: "Is this a Video game?"

Good luck actually putting together the video if that's the case.

We'll see how it goes, haha.

If they're going to split apart a tooth in each corner of my mouth and then dig out the shards, I don't fucking want to be awake for it.
While it obviously varies from person to person, I'd totally recommend being awake for it. Both my lower wisdom teeth were of the "break it in four and pull out the shards" variety, and the feeling of so much mechanical force being applied inside your head is totally unreal and awesome.

Which one(s)?

I own three and they're all comin out. Bottom left, both tops. And now you know!

A few years back when I got my wisdom teeth removed I was chomping away merrily at a bit of slavink that very evening again. It really differs from person to person. I had local aneasthesia and even though the dentist had to pick a few shards out, it was done in no time and with zero pain or discomfort.

About the podcast: it was great and Sean's story at the end was the perfect way to end it. Thank you for a great run, and hopefully Idle Thumbs... will live again some day! (As it always has.)

I want to know what happened on the 1st that caused everyone to shun weinhandlers until IdleThumbs led to a resurgence of interest.

I am also interested in this weinhandler mystery. Why was no weins being handled?

everyone was at pax playing weinhandler instead of reading about it.

While it obviously varies from person to person, I'd totally recommend being awake for it. Both my lower wisdom teeth were of the "break it in four and pull out the shards" variety, and the feeling of so much mechanical force being applied inside your head is totally unreal and awesome.

Seconded. Although, only one of mine took that much effort. I did take painkillers the next two weeks though...

Ive had a few other dental procedures including two (weirdly extra) teeth pulled and a root canal and I do find it fascinating, but I'd never been put under before and wanted to try it out (fear of dying while chemically unconscious is for me a way greater than fear of a professional dude drilling holes in and splinterin up my teeth from within my mouth). Verdict: goddamn luxurious, and awesome to just not have to bother with that45 minutes of my life, but not nearly as interesting, so I probably won't do it again when given the option, at least on dental-level surgeries like that. Also I'm stillnot at all into the idea of a chemical turning my body off. Hopefully though I won't ever be back for any more of this stuff so its moot...