GameDreamer

Idle Thumbs PAX Panel Live Stream?

Panel was great! I think it could be edited into a nice hour long episode, but as a special preview here's a bootleg recording I made of Chris singing "The Wizard" live, including a special prologue: http://doublebuffered.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/thewizardlive.mp3

It's a minor miracle that the word "wizard" was not uttered during the whole show outside of this song.

It's a minor miracle that the word "wizard" was not uttered during the whole show outside of this song.

It wasn't? Awww.

Yeah, I was expecting it to be a Wizard fest, but I think there was a silent agreement in the crowd we wouldn't be complete nobs. Though I will say, I think as a whole the crowd felt a little apprehensive to get completely into it... or at least thats what it felt like to me.

On a side note, I know I've seen pictures of the guys and stuff, but after following Chris and Nick from the shack casts to here, it's REALLY weird to see those voices come out of those heads. It felt like a really weird ventriloquist act because I'm so used to those voices and having a vague image of who it is coming from, seeing it in person just felt off, lol.

Haha I don't think the crowd or the thumbs knew what to expect or to do at a live show. We didn't address the crowd right away which was a mistake and started like a regular episode. Oh well! Everyone caught on eventually and by the end I wished we could go on for another session's worth of time.

Also we'll be editing and posting the MP3 tonight, pending surprise failures.

Haha I don't think the crowd or the thumbs knew what to expect or to do at a live show. We didn't address the crowd right away which was a mistake and started like a regular episode. Oh well! Everyone caught on eventually and by the end I wished we could go on for another session's worth of time.

It's September 5th, 2010 and this is Idle Thumbs.

And I'm Chris Remo

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Jake Rodkin

And I'm Steve Gaynor

And I'm Sean Vanaman

Kinda like that? :P I'm excited to hear this tomorrow morning :)

Yeah, I was expecting it to be a Wizard fest, but I think there was a silent agreement in the crowd we wouldn't be complete nobs. Though I will say, I think as a whole the crowd felt a little apprehensive to get completely into it... or at least thats what it felt like to me.

On a side note, I know I've seen pictures of the guys and stuff, but after following Chris and Nick from the shack casts to here, it's REALLY weird to see those voices come out of those heads. It felt like a really weird ventriloquist act because I'm so used to those voices and having a vague image of who it is coming from, seeing it in person just felt off, lol.

All I've ever had of Chris is his goofy avatar holding a mic. It was a bit of a surprise to see Chris' real face.

P.S. You guys are doing this again next year, right? U:

And I'm Chris Remo

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Jake Rodkin

And I'm Steve Gaynor

And I'm Sean Vanaman

It should start...

"I'm a co-host"

"as am I, which one am I? I don't know..."

"I'll give you three hints, I develop Telltale Games"

"I write for Shacknews.com"

"... and I'm the editor at large at Gamasutra and I like Trine"

"... and I like Trine"

"I haven't played Trine"

"Ohhhh that's Nick"

"Ohhhh that's Jake"

IDDDDDDLLLLEEE THUMBSSSS

Edited? Boo. There was nothing that needed to be removed from that.

And I'm Chris Remo

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Jake Rodkin

And I'm Steve Gaynor

And I'm Sean Vanaman

Actually, it started off with just the original 3, Gaynor and Vanaman didn't join until after the first break.

Actually, it started off with just the original 3, Gaynor and Vanaman didn't join until after the first break.

fuckin a.

Love Gaynor and Vanaman, but this is the dream team we're talking about here.

Perhaps he means sound levels and whatnot.

I doubt the guys will cut anything out. No worries.

Thanks to everyone who came to the panel -- it was a blast.

And I'm Chris Remo

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Jake Rodkin

And I'm Steve Gaynor

And I'm Sean Vanaman

If Sean and I had had microphones strapped to us for the entirety of the PAX weekend, we would have naturally produced a podcast whose transcription would be roughly as follows:

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

Weinhandler

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

I am the Weinhandler

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

And I'm Nick Breckon

I vill handle your weins

And I'm Nick Breckon

Well, we're Idle Thumbs fans because we enjoy hearing them speak. Offering any more participation than laughing along with the jokes could have derailed the panel, which was fascinating enough on its own.

I did feel a little sad about not clapping along with Chris's songs, but I think the crowd and I were of a similar mind on that one: He didn't have a huge amp or anything, just the lapel mic-- I didn't want to drown him out.

Also, I'd just like to say that my favorite part of the panel was at the beginning, watching Nick throw a cup at Jake, then watching his expression change as he suddenly realized that the cup was still full of water.

Very little editing occurred other than some level adjustment. I cut out the dead time when I went to hand Chris his guitar pick, because nobody was on mic so it was literally empty room for 10 seconds.

Also apologies in advance, but Chris' lapel mic somehow got buried inside his shirt during the opening so Wuxtry: Let The Games Begin! (Love Theme From Idle Thumbs) is fucked up. The rest of the recording is surprisingly clean, though.

Very little editing occurred other than some level adjustment. I cut out the dead time when I went to hand Chris his guitar pick, because nobody was on mic so it was literally empty room for 10 seconds.

Also apologies in advance, but Chris' lapel mic somehow got buried inside his shirt during the opening so Wuxtry: Let The Games Begin! (Love Theme From Idle Thumbs) is fucked up. The rest of the recording is surprisingly clean, though.

According to the music list on the front page, the name of the acoustic version is apparently "The Idle Thumbs Podcast."

Whoops that name is far less sweet so I forgot it.

Also this is Idle Thumbs not The Idle Thumbs Podcast so this episode predates that name.

I think The Idle Thumbs Podcast, the podcast, was named after Idle Thumbs 51's live performance of Wuxtry: Let The Games Begin! (Love Theme From Idle Thumbs), which was called The Idle Thumbs Podcast and then later recorded as a studio (apartment) version for inclusion in the podcast that would bear its name.

I think The Idle Thumbs Podcast, the podcast, was named after Idle Thumbs 51's live performance of Wuxtry: Let The Games Begin! (Love Theme From Idle Thumbs), which was called The Idle Thumbs Podcast and then later recorded as a studio (apartment) version for inclusion in the podcast that would bear its name.

I have no idea what you just said.

I'm actually guessing it's because Gaynor called them out first on the last podcast.