GameDreamer

Idle Thumbs PAX Panel Live Stream?

Does anyone know if the panel will be broadcast on Ustream or a similar video streaming site? It'd be awesome if those of us who couldn't attend could watch it online today. :tup:

Edited by GameDreamer

Yeah from Doug Tabacco, Shaun "Shauntron" Finney is recording it, Fucking A.

Edited by Patters

Groovy!! Sounds wonderful! :tup::tup:

Also...the other guys could have sung the back vocals, that would have been mind blowing :D But this is great!

Groovy!! Sounds wonderful! :tup::tup:

Also...the other guys could have sung the back vocals, that would have been mind blowing :D But this is great!

Hahah if we had weeks to practice (and learn how to sing) maybe.

We got a recording off the sound board and I'll be putting it up in the next day or so n

Also someone from Telltale got an HD video of the whole thing, so that will terrify you at a later date.

Yeah, we were informed on twitter last night (it was night here) that Shaun Finney was filming it, so we had a burst of happiness :tup::D

Only after we were done and I could see and hear properly again did I realize that I said the phrase "Duke Nukem's penis." into a microphone in front of 200 people.

Hahahah!!! You crack me up, Video Games! :tup: ....In a...non-compromising way, of course....I think.....lol. So anyway, how was Duke Nukem Forever?

Only after we were done and I could see and hear properly again did I realize that I said the phrase "Duke Nukem's penis." into a microphone in front of 200 people.

... And it wouldn't have been the IdleThumbs panel had you not said it. :tup:

Hahah if we had weeks to practice (and learn how to sing) maybe.

We got a recording off the sound board and I'll be putting it up in the next day or so n

Also someone from Telltale got an HD video of the whole thing, so that will terrify you at a later date.

This makes me so happy I could ejaculate.

Or cry.

Or just feel warm inside.

Hahahah!!! You crack me up, Video Games! :tup: ....In a...non-compromising way, of course....I think.....lol. So anyway, how was Duke Nukem Forever?

It looked and felt like a game thats been around for 13 years with facelifts gradually glommed on over that time. To be embarrassingly honest, in the back of my head this whole time I've been holding out hope that when the game finally shipped it would actually be fun/exciting to play and while I've never been actively anticipating it, it's been one of thouse things that I've nebulously thought I'll play by default should I ever own it. Ive thought that for a decade.

Now that I've played 10 minutes of it... I don't know. All the stripper stuff and general gratuity which seemed balanced perfectly between the precipices of tongue-and-cheek and genuine-shit-80s-bullshit seems to have fallen off onto the genuine shit side, or I was expecting too much. Probably both. The 2001 E3 trailer blew my mind at the time. The military general saying "we believe they have the president" genuinely cracked me up, I thought the intercutting between shooting, motorcycle driving on the freeway, realtime buildings collapsing, speedboats, looking out at a panorama of the Vegas skyline, and general FPS content was one of the coolest things at the time, but that was ten years ago. Now it seems clunky, and with more lame peeing and tit jokes.

Also I wasn't really into how character movement or weapon handling felt ;(

All I really want from that game is to have decent handling - hopefully akin to the CoD games - and for it to be relatively funny. Oh, and if they put this out at £30, that would be sweet.

All I really want from that game is to have decent handling - hopefully akin to the CoD games - and for it to be relatively funny. Oh, and if they put this out at £30, that would be sweet.

I think it would be more interesting if it handled like an old school shooter with speed, but with aim down the sights, it'll probably be more CoD-eque. Also with all the development time and money spent on this, I doubt this will be anything but a full price Duke.

It looked and felt like a game thats been around for 13 years with facelifts gradually glommed on over that time. To be embarrassingly honest, in the back of my head this whole time I've been holding out hope that when the game finally shipped it would actually be fun/exciting to play and while I've never been actively anticipating it, it's been one of thouse things that I've nebulously thought I'll play by default should I ever own it. Ive thought that for a decade.

Now that I've played 10 minutes of it... I don't know. All the stripper stuff and general gratuity which seemed balanced perfectly between the precipices of tongue-and-cheek and genuine-shit-80s-bullshit seems to have fallen off onto the genuine shit side, or I was expecting too much. Probably both. The 2001 E3 trailer blew my mind at the time. The military general saying "we believe they have the president" genuinely cracked me up, I thought the intercutting between shooting, motorcycle driving on the freeway, realtime buildings collapsing, speedboats, looking out at a panorama of the Vegas skyline, and general FPS content was one of the coolest things at the time, but that was ten years ago. Now it seems clunky, and with more lame peeing and tit jokes.

Also I wasn't really into how character movement or weapon handling felt ;(

I was hoping this was your reaction to Duke Nukem Forever because it was totally blowing you away

4965707341_6595cc890f_m.jpg

Well, at least you got to experience Duke's Dick. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

YES! :tup:

Apparently it was Shaun Finney with the video camera?