Steve

I wanna know what you guys think of my goddamn DLC

Oh man, I just finished the DLC. Fucking great, honestly. I'm my mind this is perfect DLC. It tells its own story separate from the main plot, while keeping some characters and adding a few game play elements to make it unique. Another thing I loved about the gameplay is the quick ramp-up from weak to incredibly powerful. It feels just as fluent as Bioshock 1 and 2 did, and in only a few hours. Pretty impressive.

I don't wanna give to many spoilers so I'll just say that the story is incredibly touching, especially near the end. It deals with some subjects like racism and gives them a twist that only the Bioshock world can. This is bar far some of the best DLC I have ever played.

But I didn't find the audio recording of Andrew Ryan saying "baboo" which makes me sad.

Ahah... I bought a cheap collector's edition last week and the DLC just tonight. Sweet irony:tmeh:

I'd love to get the DLC but I already played and sold back the 360 version, but, if they give us a 15 dollar pack around christmas time on PC with the DLC included, you'll get a buy from me :)

So I may get to tell Steve what I think about his goddamn DLC after all?

Don't like the idea of passing patches and DLC through Microsoft, but I guess that's a GfW/L thing that I don't deal with on a regular basis.

I didn't see anyone destroying Steve's world in the RPS comments, so I went ahead.

This does mean I have to finish BS2 though. . .

For those who have played through it on 360, is it completely standalone, like just an option in the menu to boot up? I've only played about an hour for BS2 since I got it.

For those who have played through it on 360, is it completely standalone, like just an option in the menu to boot up? I've only played about an hour for BS2 since I got it.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, it showed up as a menu option in the Single Player menu under Downloadable Content.

Just to say that I'm PSYCHED about playing Minerva's Den in the PC... and I'd like to think that it finally happened because we said so and Steve asked them to do it!

What the... it's out?

I don't think so, they said they were going to send it for confirmation in March.

No March 2013...

AKA: Six months before Valve will even comment on Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Irrational and 2K Marin need to develop their own version of Valve Time. Why deliver your games in a timely fashion? Why announce 2011 and 2012 release date goals for Xcom and Bioshock Infinite? Sure, those are broad targets and there's no reason to think they'll slip, but why not take pleasure in watching your fans grow old and die as they wait for your product?

Xcom in 2018!

I'm about 0% interested in another Bioshock (or at least one set in the by-now boring Rapture), but I've heard nothing but good things about Minerva's Den. So I was wondering if I could play that without trudging through BS2. Do I at least have that choice?

Heh, I'm also not interested at all in playing Bioshock 2, but I would like to play Minerva's Den. Propably won't get to play it ever as none of my friends own Bioshock 2 either so I can't then make them buy Minerva's Den.

Bioshock 2 is a good game guys. The novelty of rapture may have worn of a little, but the world still has merit, and it's still enjoyable to explore. On top of that, bioshock 2 is superior as a shooter in every way. Play it and Minerva's Den.