Steve

I wanna know what you guys think of my goddamn DLC

Poor Steve; we're his biggest fans and we filled up two pages talking about why we didn't buy his DLC.

Then he gets interviewed about his hard work and waits for the Gamasutra comments to roll in...

...and the first one is yours, El Muerte, giving Steve the comment he dreads the most.

What I'm trying to say is that we might all be terrible people. We might not know it, but there's just too much evidence. Steve and the rest of the crew give so much of themselves, and we treat them like dirt. We don't deserve them!

Poor Steve; we're his biggest fans and we filled up two pages talking about why we didn't buy his DLC.

:hmph: we would gladly buy his DLC if it came out on the PC.

It would be a day one perch.

Then he gets interviewed about his hard work and waits for the Gamasutra comments to roll in...

...and the first one is yours, El Muerte, giving Steve the comment he dreads the most.

What I'm trying to say is that we might all be terrible people. We might not know it, but there's just too much evidence. Steve and the rest of the crew give so much of themselves, and we treat them like dirt. We don't deserve them!

I suspected it before. But now I must face the truth.

I loved Bioshock 1 but I was bored to death by Bioshock 2 so I couldn't finish it. I was curious to play Minerva's den because I suspected it would a short Bioshock story. And I liked it very much, it's sweet!

No really, the DLC is way better than the game itself. The rythme is good, the story more focused, the topic more interesting (to me).

In fact what bothered me with the DLC is what annoyed me in the game so it's not your fault scoops. Here's my problem: What I loved in Bioshock 1 is that between the small repetitive fights with the splicers there were the Big Daddies. Suddenly I had time to plan my fights, trying to see how I will approach it. When the fight starts most of the time it turns like I didn't expected it so I had to improvise. In bioshock 2 it was too much of that, you had the prepare for a fight with a big daddy followed by several big fights with wave of splicer when getting the adam, finished sometimes by a fight with the big sister. Oh god, please shot me in the head.

So ok Minerva's den has these repetitive fights but if I put that aside it was a great experience with a very polished level design. And the last part is also a very nice touch.

But there is still one thing that bothered me and I would be interested if it's a guideline of the Bioshock franchise: Do you have to do a shitty final boss? No seriously! The boss is better than the blue thing of Bioshock but still

Just a bunch of Big daddies that come for no reason? And the guy who suddenly have a health bar bigger than all the big sister combined together?

So I would be in fact very interested how much discussion there were about this final boss? Do you thought about alternatives a bit less action oriented?

More positive writings for Steve:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30500/Analysis_Minervas_Den_And_The_Salvation_of_Narrative_DLC.php

From prologue to epilogue, the den and its inhabitants are like an encore of everything you ever loved about BioShock. Minerva’s Den is the short story to BioShock’s novel. With a nod at Atlas and a wink for Andrew Ryan, and maybe just a little Sander Cohen, this is possibly the most justified and well-made piece of narrative DLC to date.

A quote from a dude on the backloggery:

Enter my DLC marathon, which I dont know if you notived while visiting my page. But ive just been playing DLCs for a couple of weeks since work and friends have taken most of my time lately. Playing the DLCs has enabled me to take a break from new stuff and just sit down and have an excuse to revisit some games i really loved. Playing the Mass Effect DLC was amazing, and the BioShock 2 Minervas Den was even better than the main game in my opinion. Currently Im adventuring around in Fallout 3 and absolutely loving it. I plan to get the Star Wars force unleashed dlc and the RE5 remaining one as well.

Just finished it. It's a really nice thing, especially the final section.

Porter is really well done as a character.

Don't forget to play this guys, when it comes out on PC.

I remembered the one weird thing about this:

How come you don't need to collect the printout

at the end?

I swear Tenenbaum tells you to go and get it but there's no way to do so and the game just tells you to go to the bathysphere.

Steve said on his twitter today that it's never happening. 2K sucks.

I just wish they weren't so schizophrenic with their pc support. I hope going ahead they just put their shit on steam without any GFWL BS. Even Borderlands has weird Gamespy functionality for the multiplayer.

It's a real shame the DLC won't be coming out on the PC. I know it isn't the big money maker anymore, but come on, this just sucks.

It's a real shame the DLC won't be coming out on the PC. I know it isn't the big money maker anymore, but come on, this just sucks.

Steve's bosses didn't want us to tell him what we thought of his goddamn DLC.

Yeah, this not coming out for PC means that 1) I'm probably never going to play it and 2) I'll probably not buy another Bioshock game for PC (which also means I'm likely not going to play those either, as PC is my preferred format for graphically intensive games). Unfortunate.

Steve said on his twitter today that it's never happening. 2K sucks.

Well that sucks. It was the only Bioshock 2 dlc I was interested in.

I'm not going to buy another copy of BioShock 2 so I can play it on the PS3. Besides, I really dislike playing FPS/TPS games on consoles.

So yes, it sucks that 2KGame decided not to release it for the PC. But I'll get by, my money will simply go to another party.

If there comes a time when I can get Bioshock 2 for either console for $10 or less, I will play Steve's goddamn DLC. Until then, sorry.

If there comes a time when I can get Bioshock 2 for either console for $10 or less, I will play Steve's goddamn DLC. Until then, sorry.

I've seen the special edition for the PS3 here for a mere 20 euros, same price as the normal version. Though I already have the special edition for the PC.

But forking over 17,50 for a PS3 copy + DLC still seems expensive.

And then there's the issue of playing an FPS on a console. That's a real pain. It simply plays like shit. Unless Uncharted 1+2 and Killzone 2 are poorly executed, I can't see how you can properly play these games with this poor method of looking/aiming.

i can't do it either. it makes me sad to have to use a controlled.

In related news, i own Bioshock 1 but lack the PC power to actually play it (steam sale) so i guess in around 3-4 years when i've upgraded and played throuhg my backlog i'll be pissed that i can't play this dlc on a pc.

Sorry to hear that 2k has no intention of bringing it to a larger audience. :sad:

Funny thing is I was going to get the 360 version eventually until that Steam sale during the summer. Not picking up a second copy just for the opportunity to buy the DLC, as interesting as Minerva's Den sounds.

Wow, Steve you should listen to the giant bombcast for this week if you haven't talked to Brad Shoemaker already. He's on there absolutely raving about the quality of the DLC.