Steve

I wanna know what you guys think of my goddamn DLC

I, like seemingly everyone here, have Bioshock 2 on PC, not 360 or PS3. Sorry Steve. Don't feel bad though. I finished and really enjoyed Bioshock 2. When the DLC comes to Steam/GFWL (I don't even care which!) I'll buy it and play it. I promise.

Hey Steve! Would you like to guess which platform I play my games on? I suppose I would pick this up, if I could, and if I could find the time to play it. I liked BioShock 2 but it felt odd to me, like it didn't belong or it wasn't needed. Either way I would like to play it because you are one cool dude Scoops!

OMG! A dude with a PS3 and Bioshock 2!

Steve, I can't tell you how much I want to play your DLC, but it's not enough to buy Bioshock 2 for PS3 when I know I wouldn't like it as much as for PC.

Bioshock was great, haven't gotten around to Bioshock 2 yet but when I do it will be on the PC. So no DLC for me apparently.

OMG! A dude with a PS3 and Bioshock 2!

Steve, I can't tell you how much I want to play your DLC, but it's not enough to buy Bioshock 2 for PS3 when I know I wouldn't like it as much as for PC.

Haha yeah, I suppose that's kind of a rare thing. I'm actually surprised at myself for not getting the PC version, but I really really wanted the Collector's Edition with all the swag. Original BioShock soundtrack on vinyl? Oh hell yes.

When and if your 'goddamn DLC' comes to PC, I'll write you an essay on what I think. Until then, it floats in the ether as far as I know.

I loved Bioshock but thought the whole Little Sister/Big Daddy system was very crude, and hearing that BS2 does even more of all that I decided to skip it (can't play everything!).

This DLC thing seemed practically built as an alternative to BS2 for me so I was determined to play it now that BS2 is cheap everywhere.

Having not played BS2 yet, I was going to hold out for a PC release of the DLC and get it all on steam, but apparently BS2 on PC doesn't have a walk button (again), so I just bought the 360 version a few days ago and skipped straight to Minerva's Den.

I'm about half way through the second level I think. Liking it a lot, great setting and characterisation and a really nice balance of non-linearity to the levels. I like that the OCD systematic thoroughness of my exploration and looting can get me one steop ahead of the actual tasks (aha, so that's what that's for!) although again I'd rather lose the BD/LS nonsense... it actually feels a little grindy rescuing them and then harvesting the bodies to get the maximum adam, even with all the plasmids to mess about with in the process.

I'm munching A LOT of health packs, my health just drops immediately if any enemies appear, but I'm glad that it's still manageable on normal for a BS2 virgin, and the help system is rightly assuming I need reminders about everything (that stuff could be a little more discrete on the screen though).

I got this for my PlayStation 3 yesterday, I haven't had a chance to play it much yet but I really enjoy the setting and themes so far. Will throw in my two cents when I'm done with the whole thing!

I got bioshock 2 on PS3 for my birthday from well-meaning friends, unfortunately I find it really hard to control! Possibly because I suck at FPSs from the start, but it seems a lot harder on the consoles than the first BioShock was on PC.

Still, the word from the video gaming ether is that it's top-notch stuff. This podcast called The Final Score spoke highly of it as well.

Someday I will learn to suck less and will play this stuff too. I hope.

I beat it yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. The scary old computer buzzes and clicks and drones mixed well with the established underwater creakiness/leakiness/creepiness(?) of Rapture. Nice job on the goddamn DLC, Steve.

A few days ago Gametrailers posted a review of Minerva's Den:

n_Qy93gXtXs