Sign in to follow this  
Inphidel

Maniac Mansion 3D

No4UTHQNRrA

So today I was sitting at my desk feeling particularly nostalgic, and thought hey, maniac mansion was one of my most favorite games, it'd be pretty amazing if someone remade the game in a art style like that of Castle Crashers or something. so I googled up maniac mansion remakes and stumbled upon this one that is being developed by Vampyre Games.

Thus Far it looks pretty good, its been in development since 2008.

This makes me very happy. ^.^

Kinda wish tell-tale was leading this project.

I like that it's trying to be closer to the cover art, but I feel like this sort of still looks very strange.

Also I'm really not fond of Maniac Mansion. I have to force myself to play it. It tends to be really hard to know what to do, even though it's incredibly short, and it has like the worst design of any LucasArts adventure ever, except possible Zak McKracken, Last Crusade, or maybe Labyrinth (haven't played that one), although the first two have good sections.

Although having fond memories of playing Maniac Mansion on my C64 as a child, I was never able to beat it until years later (and a walkthrough). And in retrospect it's not a particulary fun game to play. Just like gerbil said, it's flawed just like Zack McKracken (a game I also have fond memories of playing as a kid, but never beat until years later... and a walkthrough). The only reason for replaying (which I did a year ago or so if I recall correctly) is nostalgia.

And to be fair: Meteor Mess 3D really looks like a big waste of time. The only reason for a 3D version would be to considerably improve the visuals which is not the case here apparently.

Maniac Mansion Deluxe is all I really need when nostalgia grabs me.