dpp

WTF is Telltale's new game?

It makes me wish for a musical adventure game (like all singing and stuff), but I don't even know how you would make that.

But you're right. Telltale totally has the talent to make a musical.

Make an all-singing, all-dancing, Sam and Max episode! I want every "I can't reach it," to be operatic.

We'd need an actual interactive music system for that to be a possibility. Wah wah.

But it would be cool! The original design for episode 3 of The Devil's Playhouse was completely different from what ended up shipping, and may or may not have been a molemen vs rat society West Side Story episode.

We'd need an actual interactive music system for that to be a possibility. Wah wah.

Oh, well, let's throw our hands in the air with despair and DIE! Since you guys don't have one, then I guess that makes it a thing so completely beyond all common sense that any deliberation in the direction of interactive music would be irresponsibly futile and frivolous.

On a tenuously related note, I feel cheated by the Steam version of LOOM—it is super broken. The cutscene action will freeze up somewhere halfway through the audio and as soon as the audio track ends it will just speed through the rest of the frames of animation, as if they were timed by the processor cycles rather than some more reliable modern method. Or at least that is my interpretation of what is going on.

Oh, well, let's throw our hands in the air with despair and DIE! Since you guys don't have one, then I guess that makes it a thing so completely beyond all common sense that any deliberation in the direction of interactive music would be irresponsibly futile and frivolous.

Yep

Did they ever license imuse? They should have. Even with it, I imagine it would take a lot of work to do a musical with the level of interaction of that Curse song throughout.

I've been thinking all day about a musical version of Secret of Monkey Island. Intro is the same, I want to be a pirate dialogue leads into the first voiced number in the SCUMM bar that introduces the three trials. Guybrush notices the bar, cut to inside, music starts, Guybrush gets in and is treated to rowdy pirate shanties and fun. I haven't figured all the rest out, but there's definitely a Fester/LeChuck number, a Guybrush meets Elaine number, Swordfighting training montage and a crew team-up and mutiny song. You'd definitely need to punctuate the story's big moments with big numbers and just have the rest be incidental dialogue.

On a tenuously related note, I feel cheated by the Steam version of LOOM—it is super broken. The cutscene action will freeze up somewhere halfway through the audio and as soon as the audio track ends it will just speed through the rest of the frames of animation, as if they were timed by the processor cycles rather than some more reliable modern method. Or at least that is my interpretation of what is going on.

What does it run through? SCUMMVM?

If it isn't I'd Download SCUMMVM go to Steam/Steamapps/Common, copy the loom folder and try to run it through that. If it is then, I'm not sure what to do about it.

Edited by CaptainFish

What does it run through? SCUMMVM?

If it isn't I'd Download SCUMMVM go to Steam/Steamapps/Common, copy the loom folder and try to run it through that. If it is then, I'm not sure what to do about it.

It doesn't run through ScummVM. I tried to open the game through ScummVM, but it didn't recognize the game files. Maybe a newer version of ScummVM would work. I'll look into it later.

R6qDMv21g

So what is this, both Sean and Jake in action.

This done a few months ago at PAX I guess and the other one with Sean is fairly recent. This one seems to be pretty chaotic. :grin:

Dude, that was a bad link. here it is :)

2_R6qDMv21g

Also, that was a really dumb interview(er). Jake and Sean were pretty strong though; it just makes me sad that I wasn't there :(

UGH! What a terrible interviewer... The kid would have done a better job if he wasn't so nervous... at least he seems to know a thing or two about games!:blink:

"Thank you for this awesomely aimless interview thing you just perpetrated, please die of SARS."

It's our friend Sean!

This makes me long for the Idle Thumbs Podcast. How many times will we let these guys break our hearts and still take them back? Note: I'm a little drunk, so I'm being sentimental...in actuality, I'm very happy for Nick and Chris and wouldn't want them to hold back their careers for us...What podcasts do you guys use to take their place? I'm into Giant Bomb and Select Button.

As someone who has had to interview people I really admire and/or think are awesome, I can understand his uneasiness and apparent nervousness throughout the interview. I don't like the interviewer - I don't think he did a good job - but I feel like I ought to sympathise with him, because I've no doubt I am that douche when I interview people.

Brief side note: I interviewed Spaff and Alex Evans from MM earlier this year, and it was my favourite thing ever, because of how laid back and cool it was. I think show floors are a really difficult place to conduct interviews because it's harder for both the interviewer and the interviewee to act appropriately and express themselves eloquently.

Still, it was nice to see Jake and Sean on a thing. I'd love to see 'An Audience With' type feature, where someone sits down with them, loosely talking about their game, but going off on cool tangents when they want. That would be pretty cool.

As someone who has had to interview people I really admire and/or think are awesome, I can understand his uneasiness and apparent nervousness throughout the interview. I don't like the interviewer - I don't think he did a good job - but I feel like I ought to sympathise with him, because I've no doubt I am that douche when I interview people.

Brief side note: I interviewed Spaff and Alex Evans from MM earlier this year, and it was my favourite thing ever, because of how laid back and cool it was. I think show floors are a really difficult place to conduct interviews because it's harder for both the interviewer and the interviewee to act appropriately and express themselves eloquently.

Still, it was nice to see Jake and Sean on a thing. I'd love to see 'An Audience With' type feature, where someone sits down with them, loosely talking about their game, but going off on cool tangents when they want. That would be pretty cool.

I would empathize, but he was clearly more interested in himself than Sean or Jake.