dpp

WTF is Telltale's new game?

It's less than £3 so I'm getting it. I think it was quite unprofessional to have the silhouette image with 3 card hands, or genius.

Agreed. £2.92 is too good to pass up.

Or they're cheating. It could be the first texas hold'em video game in history to allow cheating.

You're right! Despite it's name, Texas Cheat'Em had nothing to do with cheating :yep:

Okay... so it's poker, yet where are the women who strip for you? Am I missing something?

Max is naked. I guess that's the closest you'll come to a naked bunny without infringement.

Of the others, I nominate Heavy to go el natural.

Max is naked. I guess that's the closest you'll come to a naked bunny without infringement.

Of the others, I nominate Heavy to go el natural.

I don't know, I have a feeling Strong Bad may be a femme fatale under that costume.

Is this not multiplayer? If it had been it would have been an easy purchase, so I wouldn't have to go into the creepy online poker dens. As is, it seems to be more like a fancy type of Solitaire, which may or may not be worth it.

It's pretty sneaky how the game has a 25% discount that has to be used IMMEDIATELY! The game is only 5$, buy almost everything in the store is more expensive... So you'll end up spending up 20-30$ for that 5$ game! XD

I finally got around to buying that damn Grickle book I've had my eyes on since it first showed up. And now I am a happy camper!

I also snagged the poker poster while at PAX and gave the code to a friend. So awesome.

Okay... so it's poker, yet where are the women who strip for you? Am I missing something?

The fifth character at the table is actually an unlockable "you won" bikini trophy girl video sprite from Cruisin USA, so you can sleep soundly knowing that.

The fifth character at the table is actually an unlockable "you won" bikini trophy girl video sprite from Cruisin USA, so you can sleep soundly knowing that.

20100827-n3jk3j27ysj4swck5m4t9fg9yk.jpg

Oh wow. Writing about Back to the Future, I suddenly noticed the actual title of the Poker Night press release.

"Telltale announces the Citizen Kane of poker games".

Also, instead of an "about Valve" section at the bottom, there's an "about Mann Co."

Over/under on Jake shenanigans?

How did not a single thumb catch this before? Disappointed.

Yeah, I'm so pissed at myself for it, but getting imaginary computer items has me stupidly excited. <.<

It's just a little extra incentive. I have no interest in dropping money on the mann-conomy TF2 store for items, but this game is so cheap and will pay for itself anyways. And those unlocks are an interesting way of putting "real" value in a single player poker game.

I'm not a fan of off model Tycho Brahe or voiced Tycho (although that's true for most comic character transitions), but I like Telltale and I like TF2 items, so I bought it.

Oh wow. Writing about Back to the Future, I suddenly noticed the actual title of the Poker Night press release.

"Telltale announces the Citizen Kane of poker games".

Also, instead of an "about Valve" section at the bottom, there's an "about Mann Co."

Over/under on Jake shenanigans?

How did not a single thumb catch this before? Disappointed.

About Mann Co was Valve. The Citizen Kane of Poker games was Vanaman. So hey.

I'm not a fan of off model Tycho Brahe or voiced Tycho (although that's true for most comic character transitions), but I like Telltale and I like TF2 items, so I bought it.

After the Penny Arcade D&D sessions, I've really come like like Jerry Holkin's voice. I wish he'd done the acting for Tycho in this.

I love the Telltale band. Would totally pay to see a gig.

The music in this trailer and in season 3 of samnmax is so fucking groovy.

Tell those cats to chill!

chill the fuck out. Jazz. Great.

After the Penny Arcade D&D sessions, I've really come like like Jerry Holkin's voice. I wish he'd done the acting for Tycho in this.

This would have been the greatest.

I love the Telltale band. Would totally pay to see a gig.

The music in this trailer and in season 3 of samnmax is so fucking groovy.

Tell those cats to chill!

chill the fuck out. Jazz. Great.

I might have said this before, but it bears repeating: I love Jared Emerson-Johnson's compositions. He might be my favourite composer. I'm a jazz fan so I like that he does proper jazz tracks that are equal parts improvisation, but the dude has a wide range. Classical tracks, and songs that harken to others (Cogs In Motion always makes me think of powerhouse, maybe it's the driving bass line), direct parody (Punch Out theme), Big Band, Surf rock, Reggae, Techno. I like the way each location is scored much like a cartoon with certain motifs worked in and different styles that very much evoke those places. I wish there were more soundtracks available for purchase, even just a digital version would be great.

It makes me wish for a musical adventure game (like all singing and stuff), but I don't even know how you would make that.

Edited by CaptainFish

About Mann Co was Valve. The Citizen Kane of Poker games was Vanaman. So hey.

So what you're saying is;

Valve + Vanaman / 2 = Jake?