dpp

WTF is Telltale's new game?

Looks like a sequel to Texas Hold'Em to me!

I am holding out hope for more, though, as I am not a fan of poker. ):

Well the "Heavy" looks to be holding 3 cards (which you should know is one more than one does in Texas Hold 'em) the same amount "Tycho" is holding. It could well be 7 Card Stud though.

Ug.... I hope it's not a card, it would a waste of potential... ;(

I'd rather play a vampire romance hidden object game that a poker game!

It would be like getting Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong, King Ghidorah and Mazinger Z together and make a tic tac toe game with them...:blink:

which you should know is one more than one does in Texas Hold 'em

I did say "sequel" which implies things change!

It would be like getting Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong, King Ghidorah and Mazinger Z together and make a tic tac toe game with them...

Not true at all! The potential for hilarious banter in a poker game is endless. And since they're all known for the hilarious things they say... Poker is a great avenue for this kind of mashup.

But I still hold out hope for more.

Tic tac toe with hilarious jokes in it and great writing is still tic tac toe....:getmecoat

Poker is not Tic-Tac-Toe.

I wonder who would voice-act Tycho. The fact that the character could be easily interpreted as a snarky douchebag is disconcerting.

EDIT: I suppose he could speak in text as a visual gag.

Didn't Tycho speak (vocally) in Rainslick Precipice of Darkness? (I didn't play it, genuinely curious.)

I am confused, especially since Telltale's also working on Jurassic Park and Back to the Future games, right? In addition to possibly more Sam and Max and Monkey Island? How much staff do they have?

that's quite obvious...

it's the new Idle Thumbs incarnation

Having played the PA games, I seem to recall that there was no voice-over and everyone spoke in text bubbles. I played these a long time ago though, so I may be mis-remembering.

No, you're correct. There really is no voice in Rainslick. iirc it was on purpose.

Well, it could be tic-tac-toe to launch nuclear missiles...

IT WOULD STILL BE TIC TAC TOE!

Poker is not Tic-Tac-Toe.

It's still the kind of game that should be just a mini game within a game and not a whole game by itself... IT'S TIC TAC TOE! (Of Towers of Hanoi, Match 3, you should know what I mean):shifty:

It's still the kind of game that should be just a mini game within a game and not a whole game by itself... IT'S TIC TAC TOE! (Of Towers of Hanoi, Match 3, you should know what I mean):shifty:

Poker mini games are almost always awful, dedicated Poker games aren't.

How so? I never actually said or thought poker mini games were bad, but I can't see how a poker mini game can be better than the dedicated one apart from AI, which a mini game can have?:erm:

I know what you mean. But you're wrong.

Look, I hate poker, but even I know that "just a mini game within a game" almost always turns out shit. A dedicated poker game would likely be a million times better. And many people like poker.

It's gonna be a Super Smash Bros. clone.

That's what I guessed Irrational's game was on their voicemail thing, but it didn't turn out to be true. And I replied to TTG's tweetthing with the same, so I expect this to be untrue as well.):

How so? I never actually said or thought poker mini games were bad, but I can't see how a poker mini game can be better than the dedicated one apart from AI, which a mini game can have?:erm:

The systems for mini games don't feel right in poker. Poker is more than the card game. Though I doubt it's straight Texas Hold 'em with the 3 cards being held, I don't think Telltale would be silly enough to make such a mistake.

Well, it could be tic-tac-toe to launch nuclear missiles...

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

That's what I guessed Irrational's game was on their voicemail thing, but it didn't turn out to be true. And I replied to TTG's tweetthing with the same, so I expect this to be untrue as well.):

I guess I should note I'm not serious and don't actually expect a Super Smash Bros. clone.