Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 13: Day One Perch

In the dark future of Idle Thumbs 2019, technology reigns and chaos rules supreme.

This made me realize how much I miss cyberpunk. I can't wait to have metal arms in Deus Ex 3.

In the dark future of Idle Thumbs 2019, technology reigns and chaos rules supreme.

I can't believe you managed to construct that much technobabble (LOL moar liek a Techno Babel) and still have it make sense.

He rips the hot Screamsheet from its carbonslot.

Games better be careful. You have to Safely Eject the Screamsheet from the carbonslot in Windows MobileVis or your cyberglyphs may become corrupted.

I preferred the image of the "jackbeard," assuming that wasn't a hallucination.

Haha, it was a hallucination, that wasn't edited.

The real question is that if Jake is so integrated with cyborg technology, how far gone will Steve be by 2019? Will there be nothing left but a Gaynor bot?

The real question is that if Jake is so integrated with cyborg technology, how far gone will Steve be by 2019? Will there be nothing left but a Gaynor bot?

Scoops Bot, get them while they're Hot!

My least favorite concept in that story is the "silver polyfiber bodysleeve" that Video is wearing.

My least favorite concept in that story is the "silver polyfiber bodysleeve" that Video is wearing.

It doesn't sound very flattering. And I think the fact that I imagined the jackbeard makes it even funnier.

I seriously want to steal all your terminology and run a game of Cyberpunk 2020 this instant.

And what Jake will look like. :tup:

Like Big Bird wearing David Cage's face as a mask.

That you extrapolated that out from my daily outfit, a silver painted vulcanized rubber bodysleeve, makes your grim future all the more real, though.

I would remix this episode...

But...

I just don't have the heart.

;(

I know, but it must be done. Give the Thumbs their proper send off.

That you extrapolated that out from my daily outfit, a silver painted vulcanized rubber bodysleeve, makes your grim future all the more real, though.

Confirm/Deny you wear a silver onesie.

I would remix this episode...

But...

I just don't have the heart.

;(

You won't get another chance soon, that's for sure.

Just do it for the sake of them....and us all...Our destiny depends on you, Snooglebum! Make...ungh...the last...Snooglebum remix....unghh.. of...the Thumb..... aahhhh...*exhale...*

The thought of Big Bird wearing David Cage's face as a mask sends chills down my spine.

You and Steve should pool your resources and create the Video Games 2019 Adventure so that your disturbing attire can be fully realized by the Thumb-masses.

I always thought it would be the other way around, like a character from Mad Max.

I finished "Snow Crash" a few weeks ago, and now I'm reminded of how ridiculous some of that cyber-jargon was. That you were able to compress such a large amount of meaningless babble into a paragraph that still seems to make sense is amazing. It must be that bitscream algorithm.

I instantly thought of this (on the left) from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

hottix-always-sunny.jpg

It decoded as an ascii art drawing of Samuel L Jackson's severed arm I guess, I dunno I only wrote all that because I wanted to establish that in the dark cyberpunk future of 2019, people have the given name "Video" and the nickname "Games."

Upon further consideration, I think that the eye-faxed Screamsheet probably contained a secret message from the Cyber Wizard detailing the latest initiative to free the oppressed technopolis from the circuit-fisted reign of the Cyber Lord.

Nice discussion on Kane & Lynch 2. The idea of the cameraman as an actual entity in the game reminded me of "The Experiment" or "eXperience 112" for Europeans. Good talking about it here if anyone is interested: http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/experience-112-puzzle-vs-experience/

One of my favorite scenes in The Experiment:

The protagonist has to change into a diving suit. She looks at the player camera and says "I'm sorry, I just don't know you well enough to change in front of you. I need some privacy." She then walks into a bathroom stall. Fantastic little moment that worked with the theme of one-way contact and establishing trust with a complete stranger.

(Also, the link between K&L2 and Super Mario 64 was an amazing conclusion. Gonna miss the incredible pointedness of this podcast...)

A great teaser for the Idle Thumbs reunion, in the year 2019. Well, at least we know the date of the new podcast coming up. And what Jake will look like. :tup:

So this is the new count down to tears?:getmecoat