Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 13: Day One Perch

And with that my most favorite videooo gameee podcast comes to a close. I will listen this one while I cry myself to sleep, then wake up and listen to them all all over again and then I will listen to this one while I cry myself to sleep, then wake up and listen to them all all over again and then I will listen to this one while I cry myself to sleep, then wake up and listen to them all all over again and then I will listen to this one while I cry myself to sleep.

IDLE THUMBS: INFINITE

Thanks for all the great times and great laughs.

Lastly, Chris do you think you could at some point get out ONE MORE SONG? I listen to them all the time and wish I could hear some new beauty played into my ear holes.

Well... that was fun. It has been a great run, I've really enjoyed all the casts and stuff around it. So I guess... It's...

So long, and thanks for the fish.

Up to the next incarnation of Idle Thumbs?

btw, guessed I missed it. But what is Chris going to do at Irrational? Create weird and funny songs for their games?

Up to the next incarnation of Idle Thumbs?

btw, guessed I missed it. But what is Chris going to do at Irrational? Create weird and funny songs for their games?

Probably an ARG.

I don't think he has said.

oh btw... thank you jake or famous, I'm now watching Jurassic Park

Oh christ. Was going through the questions I sent to Idle Thumbs. Forgot I sent this. Please don't arrest me.

Subject: Baby, why you gotta be like this.

Text:

Oh Honey. C'mon. Not this again Honey.

Yes, well I know it's a good job, but I thought we had already...

Ok, stop this. We had 11 episodes together, And 50 before that. You are just going to throw those away? Didn't those mean anything to you?

I just don't understand? No, you're right, I just don't understand. You are absolutely being unreasonable here.

Oh that is bullshit and you know it! I was fucking good to you! You asked for questions and I sent you questions, you asked for dreams and I sent you my god damn dreams.

Ok, if that's the case then I never liked your podcast anyway! Not that it's even a podcast most of the time, you just talk about how dreamy Clint Hocking is all the god damn time. Good job, nice incisive commentary there.

Your walking out? Ok, good. Nice dialog honey. Way to engage our issues. You'll come running back soon you bitch!

You'll come back.

Imperial 2030

I still really want to play this but can't seem to get anyone to play it (making it not worth to buy)

Is anyone going to PAX that owns this and would be willing to set up a Thumbs beginner game? Or be interested in participating?

Imperial 2030

I still really want to play this but can't seem to get anyone to play it (making it not worth to buy)

Is anyone going to PAX that owns this and would be willing to set up a Thumbs beginner game? Or be interested in participating?

We've talked about maybe setting up a game of Imperial 2030 at PAX but only in the vaguest terms.

I didn't get a chance to listen to the latest episode yet but I just wanted to thank the Idle Thumbs crew for the podcasts and wish them all the best for their future endeavours.

Ditto. I started going through the back catalogue again right before it was announced that The Idle Thumbs Podcast was ending, and have just made it up to series 2, episode 2. As such, I still haven't heard the new sadness, but want to thank the crew for getting it together and making the site vibrant again, and also express my hope that Jake wasn't kidding about a Scoops/Video Games/Famous cast. I'd listen...

Thanks for casting your pod into our face.

Also, worst ending ever.

qed

it just wouldn't be idle thumbs without the readers running the jokes into the ground, i'm doing my part

i've been pushing some sort of board gaming time at PAX with jake chris and steve so we'll see if that happens. I'm also wiling to bet there will be an unofficial Thumb meet up in a hotel bar somewhere. so, yeah, keep an eye on a forum or a tweet for that.

i've been pushing some sort of board gaming time at PAX with jake chris and steve so we'll see if that happens. I'm also wiling to bet there will be an unofficial Thumb meet up in a hotel bar somewhere. so, yeah, keep an eye on a forum or a tweet for that.

There will be another unofficial meet up here too, it's exclusive though. It's going to be me with a crate of beer plotting Chris's demise. ;)

Also if anyone is ever around Manchester/London, dependant on the time of the year, I would be happy to set up a game of Imperial 2030.

There will be another unofficial meet up here too, it's exclusive though. It's going to be me with a crate of beer plotting Chris's demise. ;)

Also if anyone is ever around Manchester/London, dependant on the time of the year, I would be happy to set up a game of Imperial 2030.

I could be up for this sometime in London. Too busy for anything in the near future, but sometime would be cool. Never played many board games (maybe the occasional Monopoly) and it would be cool to play with some Thumbs.

I could be up for this sometime in London. Too busy for anything in the near future, but sometime would be cool. Never played many board games (maybe the occasional Monopoly) and it would be cool to play with some Thumbs.

I'm not around for much longer, what with going back to Uni at some point.

I'm not around for much longer, what with going back to Uni at some point.

Ah, well when you come back (Y)

...and he's gone....The Thumb is dead. Wave the flag of "Fuck Chris"...

But seriously, I'll greatly miss them....and the pods being cast into my face.....the best thing is...the guys and the casts turned me back to the world of video games, when I almost gave up...so, thank you, Chris Boost Remo, (Fuck) Nick Breckon, Steve Hot Scoops Gaynor and Jake Video Games Rodkin....and also Sean Famous Bandanaman Vanaman. And BM Bronstring Marek Bronstring, too.

Thank you guys for helping me enjoy the world of video games, once again. You gave me something to laugh, greatly enjoy, (obsess) and happily look forward to.

You were a wonderful....."thing" in my life. :D

" "Baboo", Jeff GonegoldGategoldfold said, as he smite the puffin with his wizardly salacious thumb....then he drank the last of his odious tea and joined his fellow Max Ides as they strode forth, their backs turned on explosions far behind them... "

Cue Space Asshole theme, roll Thumbs credits...

Edited by tm_drummer

In the dark future of Idle Thumbs 2019, technology reigns and chaos rules supreme.

A trash-choked alley lit only by the glow of a thousand neon ramenhutch signs. Grease-gray water pisses down from above-- toxic rain, or the runoff of the hyperdense plate city suspended above the hiveshacks? Video "Games" Rodkin trudges through the slime, his black mylar hexweave combat boots kicking aside discarded 10mm dataclips like so many dead leaves, the castoffs of a speedculture that uses up and trashes information as fast as it can be generated. Through the overlaid haze of a multisense psychostim projected through his eyeband vis-visor, Games spies a Wirebox propped against the base of a rusting codecast signalspanner. He wrenches one hand from the pocket of his gunmetal-silver polyfiber bodysleeve and unspools the dialwire from his interskull earjack. With the speed that only comes from a topline blackmarket chemtweak job, he flicks the jackbead into the Wirebox commport. A lightningstorm of pure datafeed bitscream crashes across his vis-visor, his consciousness a maelstrom of dialup squealvoice. He jacks into the CryptoNet BBS and pulls down the current infobuild binary. The requested reconst code crackles instantaneously across the netgrid. Games jacks out as the Wirebox dotmatrix finishes its reconst job. He rips the hot Screamsheet from its carbonslot. The vis-visor decodes the printed cyberglyphs in realtime. The call had gone out from the net. It had entered Games' brain. It decoded as an ascii art drawing of Samuel L Jackson's severed arm I guess, I dunno I only wrote all that because I wanted to establish that in the dark cyberpunk future of 2019, people have the given name "Video" and the nickname "Games."

Edited by Steve

A great teaser for the Idle Thumbs reunion, in the year 2019. Well, at least we know the date of the new podcast coming up. And what Jake will look like. :tup: