Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 13: Day One Perch

Sorry, I of course meant Chris. I always confuse you two because your voices are so similar.

(Thats Jake and Nick!!)

Great clusterfuck cast!

My favorite part was when Jake says something is dumb.

I feel like Skipper Croft would be all about knives.

And formal attire.

I wish you didn't have to shoot those

Geth

in the Tali trial, but it leads to awesome interrupt hugs, which is my favorite use of the ME2 interrupt system. If only there were renegade interrupt fist bumps...

Thanks for making a super entertaining and interesting podcast!

Did you Kane & Lynch 2-ify the image for Day One Perch?

I'll miss listening to you guys talk video games and I hope everyone going has a good time at PAX. Those not attending should have a good time when their expansion for a game I liked is enjoyed by many.

Damn you Jake, you are Lord of the Jokes and you will not share them. This podcast made me so happy, then sad that there would be no more.

Thanks for everything. It is realy interesting how the podcast influenced my life(From the episode Kohler was on I listened to the podcast almost every day. Yeah weard I know). Thanks again, for everything.

Fuck Nappi.

I just started listening to the cast...and as you were discussing FAX'ing stuff over I for a second thought the discussion had veered into the concept of Chris faxing himself to Irrational, piece by piece (the plan being that they would reconstruct him from the faxes...like a star trek transporter but more low-tech). Then I realized that Star Trek sometimes implies (and this actually is how quantum teleportation appears to work) that teleportation actually creates an identical copy and destroys the original...and it hit me that the faxing method would. Then I thought that perhaps Chris was literally removing parts of himself to somehow fax the information from to send (he could back into his own hand) and I suddenly had the nightmare scenario in my head of poor Chris doing this pod cast with no limbs all bandaged up with a bloody office/school paper cutter in the background (this is getting more and more visceral) and no one has the guts to mention the horror they're witnessing as the nervously do the podcast with him all freaked out.

It also crossed my mind that in this scenario Irrational has probably informed Chris that they have such a technology and he's making a tremendous leap of faith...and perhaps this is all a dark plan to murder him and make it look like a very elaborate suicide. I hope I'm wrong...but be careful Mr. Remo...I fear that you might end up like a paper print out version of Walt Disney's head...waiting for some hopeful future where you can be revived from irrational's blueprints...and in a future of flame thrower armed big dogs I wouldn't want my only hope to be in the form of kindling.

Seriously though...thanks for all the podcasts...I will miss them. I've enjoyed them a lot and I enjoyed Mr. Remo's work on shacknews and its shackcasts before this...and I look forward to his work on the sequel to Bioshock Infinity...Bioshock And Beyond (its Bioshock on the moon, but with big daddy shaped soap).

If there are lots of errors in this text I apologize...I'm typing it from the parking lot of a gas station on my way into work (just got donuts) and I felt the need to type this before I forgot...for Mr. Remo's sake and safety.

o-captain-my-captain.jpg

This.

And thanks so much for the great podcasts guys. It has really affected my life in a positive way and influenced my game purchases for the better :). Good luck to you Chris, Jake, Steve, Sean and yes, even Nick.

I just started listening to the cast...and as you were discussing FAX'ing stuff over I for a second thought the discussion had veered into the concept of Chris faxing himself to Irrational, piece by piece (the plan being that they would reconstruct him from the faxes...like a star trek transporter but more low-tech). Then I realized that Star Trek sometimes implies (and this actually is how quantum teleportation appears to work) that teleportation actually creates an identical copy and destroys the original...and it hit me that the faxing method would. Then I thought that perhaps Chris was literally removing parts of himself to somehow fax the information from to send (he could back into his own hand) and I suddenly had the nightmare scenario in my head of poor Chris doing this pod cast with no limbs all bandaged up with a bloody office/school paper cutter in the background (this is getting more and more visceral) and no one has the guts to mention the horror they're witnessing as the nervously do the podcast with him all freaked out.

Timeline?

Good luck to Chris, Jake, Steve, Nick, and Sean, and thanks for the consistent wonderfulness.

Did you Kane & Lynch 2-ify the image for Day One Perch?

... yes. Haha, I didn't think anyone would notice or get that. Day made!

I just finished listening to the podcast. Crushingly, this one was very good.

Don't worry Sean; I believe that your expectations for TGoL were initially asexual.

Chris, I think the pseudo-documentary that you mention during the Kane and Lynch discussion about following the serial killer is likely Man Bites Dog (which I think was Swedish) for what its worth. This makes me want to at least try K&L2 at some point.

Still listening to the 'cast. May take a few a attempts to get through the whole thing.

Thanks for the casts, again.

And wow, Spaff is going to be there?! I liked him in the GDC stuff.

Can't wait!

Thanks for the casts, again.

And wow, Spaff is going to be there?! I liked him in the GDC stuff.

Can't wait!

Spaff wasn't present for the GDC conf grenades (as far as I'm aware), but I can vouch for his awesomeness. Also, he wrote this.

Really, you guys didn't call it "The Girl with the ASCII Dong"?

You will regret this forever :(

Does the Wunder Boner work on a Day One Perch, or am I going to have to bone it some other way?

Famous's reference to Steve's ebola avatar made me wish for a Mac OS X port of Ebola Monkey Bingo, which would be a

20100827-n3jk3j27ysj4swck5m4t9fg9yk.jpg