Kolzig

Eric Chahi's Project Dust

So is this a full release or download only? The end of the trailer says XBOX, XBLA, PSX, PS3, PSN, and PC.

I'm so fucking confused.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-from-dust/17-4531/

Yay PC release on the same day.

I love the tech this is running on, not sure if I am digging the gameplay. I always compared it to Populous 3 more then Populous, which was more of a scenario/gamey based then a sandboxy system game.

The particular level they show sort of reminds me of the biodome on Startopia.

The systems running the game(not the obvious fluid and dirt stuff) are awesome, but I just cant help but feel I want a different game out of this.

That sucks, I was hoping to get it on PC but I'm too impatient for this game to pass up the XBLA version if it's going to be the only one available for now. If this really is to do with timed exclusivity, I suppose they're getting what they want from me. My condolences to those of you with only a PC!

I'm too impatient for this game to pass up the XBLA version if it's going to be the only one available for now.

Did you see the Giant Bomb Quick Look for From Dust? It was played on Xbox and you could tell that this game was made to be played with a mouse.

I guess the controller can allow you to change the rate and size of your globs of earth and water, but it doesn't do a good job of picking up the exact glob you want.

Since I am an Xbox-only gamer, I will download the demo, get frustrated with it, and never buy it, even though I'd probably like it if I had a PC. Yay, video games!

Also the game is gorgeous and looked like blurry crap on that quicklook, so this is PC all the way.

Yeah I wanted the mouse control, I'm really pissed off that this got delayed at the last minute. I did just skim the Giant Bomb review of it and the reviewer mentioned that controls were an issue that may or may not be addressed in the PC version. I have been hyping so hard on this game, though, that I just don't know if I can wait until half way through August. By that time I'll only be a week off Deus Ex. I'll play the trial tomorrow and see how I feel.

Jeez, when I saw all those sad faces, I thought the game had been canceled or something. I can handle a delay, as long as it's definitely getting released.

Played the XBLA trial... the controls are kind of an issue. It's not terrible by any means but the thumbsticks do feel rather imprecise. That said, anything you do will probably be shaped by gravity and water very quickly anyway so perhaps I'm looking for precision in something that doesn't have any to begin with.

I also wonder, since this has always been shown on consoles, whether the PC version will be a port. If it is, will it have the same strange control system the consoles do, and will it in fact not really be any better in the precision and camera control angles? Remains to be seen, I suppose. I'm having a very tough time deciding whether to buy it or try to wait.

I'm waiting on the PC version either way. Even if the console controls work fine, (hell, if they work better) I can still just plug a wired 360 controller into my laptop and do that. I can wait a month, easy.

Yeah same, super bumbed to hear the news of a month delay :/ but i cant wait for this game! its like the perfect RTS for me - no worrying about wood or food but total control of the elements to complete puzzles :D

I got it last night on XBLA (with The Maw for free), and beat the main game today. I still have most of the challenges to do, and I've heard some of those take a long time. The controls were totally fine for me, there's no need for them to be super precise because it all "melts down" anyway.

I didn't have much trouble with any of the levels, except for the last one which is kind of a bitch at first. Definitely recommended! :tup:

Gave the trial a shot.

Does this remind anybody else of Darwinia?

I actually did get a bit of that vibe from the GB quicklook, now that you mention it...

I kind of knew this wasn't a populous, as I likened it to Populous 3... Darwinia seems like a fair comparison from what I've seen to; basically your tasked a very specific set of instructions and a pretty specific way to execute them.

What baffles me is the technology behind this game. Is it being put to use? Sort of, but it seems like it was built for the purpose of a really amazing sandbox god game. At ubisofts internal gdc I was able to see some of the tech docs and the systems going on in the engines and it's really really amazing so I am hoping someone there picks the engine up and develops the title I've been waiting for.

With that said, I'm still excited to play Dust.