blackboxme

Sad video game music

I don't know if 'sad' is the word exactly, but the entire soundtrack to The Void could probably achieve what you're looking for.

You can get the soundtrack legit from a torrent off either Steam's or ice pick lodge's forums: http://forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9122

I don't know if it makes for particularly good background noise though. It can be a bit jarring now and again.

]

I don't know if 'sad' is the word exactly, but the entire soundtrack to The Void could probably achieve what you're looking for.

You can get the soundtrack legit from a torrent off either Steam's or ice pick lodge's forums: http://forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9122

I don't know if it makes for particularly good background noise though. It can be a bit jarring now and again.

WPT3_JOjUI8

Just the last bit of the youtube link (so WPT3_JOjUI8, the identifier). It's a bit confusing, I know. :)

Not of video game origin (not sure if this vocal arrangement was recorded for the game or licensed/whatevered from the choir that sung it), but this specific performance of this song provided a big enough impact in the opening mission of Homeworld that quite a few people now associate the song with the game.

The choral "Agnus Dei" version of the adagio is Barber's own transcription, written nearly 30 years after his original Adagio for Strings. It's a pretty amazing piece of music.

(Link because the Idle Forums doesn't like embed code today.)

You just need to paste the bit after the ".../watch?v=", in the case of that particular video, "2hr76SVj3tE".

The soundtrack for Bill Tiller's adventure game "A Vampyre Story" by Pedro Macedo Camacho is great, and has some sad beautiful tracks, like this one:

fCqvgf7W1YI

You just need to paste the bit after the ".../watch?v=", in the case of that particular video, "2hr76SVj3tE".
I DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

Okay, okay, you don't have to cry about it. I don't know, I tried to embed that video right after you wrote that you can't and it worked perfectly fine for me...:hmph:

I cannot see through my tears. :violin:

Then it's time to make a new song. After all, it has been a while since your last one. I'm waiting for you to top the Max Ides theme (my fav).

Then it's time to make a new song. After all, it has been a while since your last one. I'm waiting for you to top the Max Ides theme (my fav).
My thumbs-related musical inspiration seems to have dried up recently. It's probably related to the end of Idle Thumbs, now that I think about it.

;(

Track 4 (Deference for Darkness)

a70h0cX8AMM

Track 4 is split into three parts (or separate songs). If you want to hear my favourite track in the whole or game, or like... any game, forward to the 3 minute mark; however, the sad song is the first one in the series, and I guess the third one is pretty somber as well. I just connected with Halo 3: ODST's soundtrack so much... I love so many songs from it.