toblix

BioShock Infinite

It's definitely a possibility.

Question is how you will interact with the world in this first half. Will they make up entirely new mechanics for this expansion or will it just be like the opening of the game proper (not that it wasn't good)? 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/09/recreating-rapture-in-bioshock-infinite

First half of Burial at sea will not feature combat says man named Ken.

The first half of the first DLC, that is. The first DLC is the first half of the complete Burial at Sea story so leaving that bit out makes it sound like the entire first DLC would be combat-free. (Which I'd be prepared to be excited about, personally.)

Aaah, that makes sense and fits with my impression that the first half of the story was Booker only.

I hope booker remembers everything also. If he's just like "who is this mysterious woman?" That would be lame. You'd know everything, playing as a character who last time you controlled him knew everything, who's had his mind wiped again, because of reasons.

It would be cool if this DLC is actually us catching up with them a couple years down the line, and they have a crazy disjointed relationship of which we'll have to piece together what happened between them during the interim over the course of the game.

So, how will you feel when you spy through a two way mirror the Lutece twins having a chin wag with Andy Ryan?

"Booker" wouldn't remember anything. The only Booker who would have the ability to remember anything would be the Booker that died at the end of Infinite, the one who had he not died would have turned into both Comstock and the Bookers you played as in the game. By killing himself at the Baptism, he stomped out that thread of infinite Bookers that would have knowledge of Elizabeth's abilities. The Booker in Burial at Sea must be one that made a different choice that didn't lead to the Baptism, maybe he didn't go to war or didn't find religion.

How could I forget :)

They could do anything though, the DLC could start with...

the baptism scene and just as booker is about to drown, noir Elizabeth could materilse, pull his head out the water and say, "hey daddy, I need you for one last job. And only you with the particular set of skill you've acquired whilst murdering the entire population of a floating city will do"

This game is going to be weird. Irrational just put this up so Cosplayers can make the outfit. God i hope this isn't "Elizabeth" Elizabeth

What does this mean??

I ask myself the same thing every night!

And occasional, just when I am on the cusp of sleep, I hear a whisper.... It tells me it's a secret

Morpheus holds the key but only speaks in riddles. He promise enlightenment yet i find myself falling deeper, to a place of befuddlement and puzzles.

I think I'll wait till both parts are out... And then never play it

Literarily the only way I'll play this is if it's a released as a stand-alone download on the PS4 or two years from now I may own a Steambox and I'll get it super cheap in some steam sale

Finally started playing this after buying it when it was on sale. It's more boring than I thought. It's basically BioShock 1 except the atmosphere is perhaps even more awesome. I hate it that the game is basically designed to be a linear ride, but occasionally "key+lock" and "I finally have enough lockpicks" situations make me go back a long way to get at safe's contents and then back again.

I hate that I have to keep shooting guys that much. There's nothing* new in the gameplay, and it's all very Video gamey. But I somehow keep playing... maybe in hopes that it won't be much longer (I hope below 20 hours?). It's not a bad game, but probably the most boring** thing an AAA studio could come up with.

[edit]

* ok there's rifts and skylines, but these are a minor thing. and of course Elisabeth, but the core gameplay is still much the same, now you just have to run around less to get ammo and stuff.

I guess I'm just pissed because I hoped it would be better or at least have less shooting. I'm also finding the plot really boring.

** ok, Rage was probably more boring

Just played a bit of «Burial at Sea» and combat fatigue set in instantaneously. I hadn't followed this DLC that closesly, but for some reason I was expecting this to be very different from the main game, which proved the most wrong thing in the world to expect from it. If you loved the way literally everything was in Bioshock Infinite, you're gonna love this DLC. I know I'm done with clearing out a big room that has a fire world to the left and an ice world to the right and first you have to complete the fire world to melt the ice door.

I know I'm done with clearing out a big room that has a fire world to the left and an ice world to the right and first you have to complete the fire world to melt the ice door.

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...

Finally got around to playing and beating Bioshock Infinite.

While I was quite tired of the combat by the end, the story had me gripped from about the 3 hour mark all the way to the end. I still don't know exactly what I saw there, and I'm feeling just a tiny bit insane at the moment.

Yeah, the ending has that effect on people.

I'm surprised everyone thought Burial at Sea feels the same as the B:I. I thought the light stealth mechanics added some nice nuance that was missing in the base game. Personally I enjoyed sneaking around, taking out splicers without all of them firing at me at once.

I'm pretty intrigued by the DLC. Even if it's mechanically BS:I I think that's sort of fine. The worst thing about infinite is how much combat there was and how long the game was. If this is simply much shorter it could avoid a lot of the things that made Infinite feel like a complete slog. 

It's still not what a lot of people want in an environment so vivid (it's a standard shooter at it's core) but I think that's just the kind of game that Irrational is setup to make at this point in time. 

I think I'll be waiting a while to pick up Burial at Sea, given my problems with playing Minerva's Den too soon after Bioshock 2, but I definitely want to pick it up. After a day to think about it, I really dug Bioshock Infinite a lot, and I'm willing to grab anything that will extend the story.

After all the talk about the ending I went and watched a playthrough on Youtube, and yes, the ending is cool, but it's yet a sucking reminder that you still have to be super-indie if you want to tell a cool story about stories and fate and regret without also having it be about killing literally thousands of people.

I just got back into playing this, after giving up on it months ago.  Actually had to restart I had completely forgot where I was or what I was doing.  I'm enjoying it more this time around.  I remember not being terribly impressed during my first playthrough.  Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood the first time.

This was the game that made me re-re-evaluate my stance on difficulty. After playing through Dead Space on normal mode and finding that the wealth of ammo and health killed all the tension in the game, I decided that I'd endeavour to play games on hard mode wherever possible, to ensure that I was fully engaged with the atmosphere they were trying to create. Then I played through about 3/4 of this on hard mode and decided, fuck that, some games are not enhanced by challenge, some games are just made more tedious. Serious question: who really thought it was a cool idea to give enemies bigger health pools in hard mode, in a first person shooter, in the year 2013? Making ammo scarcer is a valid tactic for creating tenser combat where decisions are weighed more heavily. Making me pour more bullets onto enemies before they finally expire is not, it just makes the combat more frustrating and less satisfying. I wish I'd realised this sooner instead of stubbornly sticking to my guns (heh!), but I doubt that would've saved the game for me. After finally switching down to normal mode my frustration was only replaced with boredom.

(And then more frustration when I got to the stupid ghost fight.)

Still, Pretty Good™ story!