toblix

BioShock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite is making a desperate bid to dethrone Bioshock as the aggregated highest scored game of all time*.

That's exciting, I'm excited.

After all that moaning earlier on, it looks like the woman in Infinite is more modestly dressed in most of the release screenshots I'm seeing?

Ken later explained that she changes costume throughout the the game.

Well holy framerate, if this isn't the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Some shots from the first twenty or so minutes. I love AAA game intro sequences; So. Many. Assets. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of most of the clunkiness of Bioshock too – it really feels solid and polished so far. My only regret is that I'll probably have to start warfighting soon, but who knows – maybe that'll be awesome too!

Well holy framerate, if this isn't the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Some shots from the first twenty or so minutes. I love AAA game intro sequences; So. Many. Assets. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of most of the clunkiness of Bioshock too – it really feels solid and polished so far. My only regret is that I'll probably have to start warfighting soon, but who knows – maybe that'll be awesome too!

I want so badly an option to turn off the hud for screenshots. I too was compelled to take quite a few.

It annoys me that I basically can't stand video games where tough monsters are constantly attacking you from every direction, forcing you to be on the move all the time. Bioshock Infinite looks gorgeous and sounds quite interesting, but I don't think I will be able to enjoy the actual gameplay. I want my Bioshock: Dishonored (Biohonored... Disshock).

Here's a somewhat critical review for a change.

He refers to Bioshock 2 as a cash-in, implying that it's not a good game. With an attitude like that, I'm not sure I can trust THIS GUY.

Time to VIDEO GAME GUY: Roughly 15 seconds. Columbia is very pretty (when it's not busy loading in textures).

My plastic crap arrived today. It's actually quite a nice statue, much better quality than usual. Sadly the music is not available for download yet :/

I have 3 DVDs for the PC version

(btw, for people looking where to redeem their music, the url is wrong, it's at /soundtrack rather than /music _

Wateva, my mate lent me a shit ton of kinect games today so fuck bioshock, I'm going to wave my arm around instead

Kidding

What's all this about review scores on the Idle Thumbs forums? The word score should be banned like ********* and bacon.

Oh wait, for some reason bacon isn't banned.

I agree with the vigors just kind being there to be there, don't quite fit like plasmids did. But it really doesn't bother me that much. More of a "oh, weird" thing.

This sure is a video game. Very slight spoilers about some situations you're presented in Infinite:

GAME: Loot all of this money/weapon/food being offered. First thing you can do in columbia: loot money left as offerings to a/the church.

A little later:

GAME: Don't you steal from this ice cream vendor or there will be trouble. That new gun on the wall sure looks nice but don't try taking it because that's naughty. Anything else that's not bolted down is fair game though.

Just picked ball 77

tumblr_m85lrvZ1R81rais5xo1_400.gif

My initial reaction to that scene was: "Press 'V' to melee? Ok." Two seconds later: "Ahhh, oh jeeze, what's going on, what have I done?!"

I hope I find Elizabeth soon, because at the moment it's just shoot the guy shoot the guy shoot the woman shoot the guy

Set a trap by holding L set a trap by holding L SET A TRAP BY HOLDING LLLLLLLLlLlLlLLL111!!1!1!1!

I wish I was playing it on PC. The analogue sensitivity is kinda clunky, I've played around with it a bit but decided to leave it on the default settings and just wait until I get used to it. It's made my thumb ache a bit. I'm pretty certain that I won't ever feel 100% comfortable with it, I line most of my shots up by strafing instead of moving the r stick, it's just easier that way

And the weird on/off zoomed sprint state. It all just feels a bit old, like I'm playing a game from 3 years ago

I feel like I've been spoilt and am only now truly appreciating dishonoured