toblix

BioShock Infinite

Full length tv spot

1 week and 1 day (kind of annoying thats its coming out on a tues, i'll have to wait until bank holiday Friday before i can really sink my teeth into it)

Its a good job that i've been actively avoiding half the stuff irrational have put out for this game, or else i would've been sick of the game before i even laid my hands on it.

It's funny that when i look at these trailers now i'm like "A flying city? Boooooring, thats so two years ago"

I've watched the CGI and the Truth from Fiction trailers, i kinda skip through the gameplay trailers and demos, just enough to get a taste.

But i've been avoiding stuff like

and chats with polygon i'd like to come back and read/listen/watch/roll around in that stuff after i've played the game

Actually to be fair i have watched all the trailers so its not necessarily the stuff Irrational have been putting out, but i have been avoiding all the features/articles and interviews and the NeoGAF thread

I just got mega confused, the release date is 26th March. amazon, steam, wiki, everywhere. I thought maybe different dates for different countries...nope apparently not

But this flash banner say March 24th, someone gone fucked up

http://cdn.flashtalking.com/xre/53/535383/474201/swf/FT_300x250_500x300_gorilla_base.swf

god damn it now the banners saying 26th hmmmm

screenshot time!

post-27841-0-02493400-1363622984_thumb.jpg

SEE! I'M NOT CRAZY!

Full length tv spot

1 week and 1 day (kind of annoying thats its coming out on a tues, i'll have to wait until bank holiday Friday before i can really sink my teeth into it)

OH-... The giant glass heart in the middle is the weak point that you're supposed to shoot... duh, why didn't I think that until now.

I was really looking forward to this game but I think I'm going to have to pass because of how much this game just reinforces the damsel trope. So the main girl is all powerful and can't control her powers and people want to kidnap her or something, has to have a man take care of her, what a load of shit. 

Cute. Can you quit that petty rabble rousing bullshit?

was really looking forward to this game but I think I'm going to have to pass because of how much this game just reinforces the damsel trope. So the main girl is all powerful and can't control her powers and people want to kidnap her or something, has to have a man take care of her, what a load of shit. 

You're not doing yourself any favors with this crap. It just makes it look like you can't handle big boy discussions without carrying a grudge.

jYnMwNzG2hkbX.png

Bioshock is just a Dishonored rip off (which was obviously a COD rip off)--actually made me laugh out loud. Oh You Tube commenters.

That youtube-reaction-video is very great.

And thanks Lu and jeremywc.

If there's one thing 2K know how to do, it's AAA marketing. I have no doubt that the Bioshock Infinite marketing is turning up in front of people's eyeballs, just like every other big title they've released in the last three years or so.

That video was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Even still, I can't bring myself to preorder. 2013's track record (Aliens, SimCity) thus far has just soured me completely on the whole concept. I'll almost certainly buy it the first week though, as god intended.

I was planning on getting both eventually, figured I'd just hit this up and save a bit more money than i would have through a steam sale.

I will get this whenever I can get my shit together and finish Bioshock..

I started Bioshock 2 last night to get in the mood. First of all, fuck GFWL. I couldn't type in the password field to login so I think I lost all my progress. It's really the worst. Second: I was pretty underwhelmed by the intro stages. It has none of the awe and horror of the first game. It's strange how OP you start out, hacking is insanely easy and the drill just wrecks everything...

Amazon is offering X-Com: Enemy Unknown, along with $30 of 2K game credit, the kindle version of the book and the Industrial Revolution pack for pre-ordering from them. Steam Key as well. Check it.

That's a good offer. One (superficial but annoying downside): "You will receive an e-mail within two days after the release of the game detailing how to redeem your free download of XCOM: Enemy Unknown."

Pre-ordering on Steam gives you instant access to Bioshock 1 and X-Com.