toblix

BioShock Infinite

A proper game designer would have you feel bad first, and then press Z to comfort him.

Sure, but there should also be a part at the end where the player can override that by choosing whatever ending they want, for example by entering different doors, or "doors." They can have different colours to make it easier, like red and green maybe, but that's just off the top of my head; feel free to run with it.

Dues ex hr spoiler (but not really)

Just like the end of Dues Ex HR then. (Am I miss remembering or did the last room have 3 corridors or "corridors" each with a different ending at the end)

Just like the end of Dues Ex HR then. (Am I miss remembering or did the last room have 3 corridors or "corridors" each with a different ending at the end)

SPOILERS

The pre-rendered trailers for Bioshock 1 and 2 were fucking outstanding, I can't wait for whatever this TV ad is.

SPEAK OF THE FUCKING DEVIL AND HE WILL APPEAR!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVKAsYn9J6s

That seems chopped up and edited down. Maybe there's a more coherent one about to hit at some kind of super bowl or something.

EDIT- Oh yeah I forgot to mention you guys' favourite website has SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS GAME!

Oh and also here's an interview I'm watching, about the PC version:

Yes there ARE Bioshock interviews that don't star Ken Levine!

I'm totally distracted by this music, and the animation on Elizabeth which looks like so much fun. It looks like the same animators from Bioshock 1 are still at Irrational; I for some reason really like their style.

The ever changing face of Booker Dewitt . Not a problem, just an observation.

I'd imagine the full length will follow shortly, there's no reason to hang on to it. Surely they'll want people on the Internet to see the full version, unless they're using it as a trailer tease

As the press are recieving their copies today when should we expect reviews? I very much doubt they'll slap a day of release embargo on them as the game will unquestionably be the the GREATEST GAME OF THE GENERATION

As of this morning I have now been nearly hit by two MTA buses adorned with Bioshock Infinite advertisements.  I enter a crosswalk, the bus blows a red light, I jump back in time to see Shotgun Guy and Corset Girl's faces rush past two inches from my face.

This game will literally kill me.

Well X-Com just got unlocked as a preorder bonus on Steam. Damn those clever bastards. I'm fighting with every last fiber of my free will left to not preorder this game.

Well X-Com just got unlocked as a preorder bonus on Steam. Damn those clever bastards. I'm fighting with every last fiber of my free will left to not preorder this game.

You liar! It's not unlocked yet. Boo! :(

I'm surprised you guys haven't got xcom already, you've got no excuse now, one of the best games of last year and undoubtedly one of the best games of this year.

I'll have to play infinite on release as I know I won't be able to avoid spoilers for long, and i'll want to be able to read all the post release articles and analysis that'll start springing up a couple of weeks after.

Have to go on super media black out now, hopefully i'll be able to resist having a peek at some of the reviews

I'm not that big on strategy games. But I do want to try it. I'm just waiting for it to be super cheap (or free) so I don't feel bad for not finishing it.

As for Bioshock, I also should stop watching all these trailers. The marketing for this game is kind of annoying me the more I get exposed to it. I was sold on the idea of the game since the video from last year's E3 (where you burst into a bar and surprise everyone, so good). Everything since then has been markedly less impressive; just cartoonish shooting and jumping. Bioshock 1 had the same mechanics (minus the rail system), why would they try and sell us on it all over again? (unless they're still trying to net the jocks who missed Bioshock 1, which I can only assume they are) I'm more into the idea of the world and its execution and how you can interact with NPCs, especially Elizabeth. I'm also definitely not watching the first 15 minutes because spoilers.

I note that the Truth from Fiction trailers have an eighth of the views of the more 'traditional' trailers.

There was an article I read a couple of days ago about how difficult it is to playtest FPSs these days because there are a bunch of people out there whose expectations about FPSs begin and end with Call of Duty, and any deviations from that standard, in their eyes, is inferior. So I guess that's who they're marketing to at this point.