toblix

BioShock Infinite

I actually thought this was a Kid Icarus thing the first time I saw the URL.

I really hope Chris gets to work on a Moon game if only because he loves so many aspects of it... like astronaut footprints.

Didn't Ken Levine get all angry and leave 2K, and now they can't make any more Shock! games or something I dunno. Whatever it is it will, like Bioshock!, be announced way too early so that I have to spend two years scouring the internet for trailers, leaked clips and tech demos. Also, it'll probably be sweet.

Honestly I don't pay attention to Irrational, i didn't really get their whole deal while they were making those super hero games. I understand the past pedigree, but aside from that they haven't really tickled my fancy.

Bioshock was interesting narrative, but the game itself wasn't my thing.

That aside, now that Chris might actually be contributing something to the game, I'm a little more interested. Also with the success of Bioshock it might have given them a little bit of rope to try some really neat stuff, like bioshock was neat, just not my thing neat.

I'll be surprised if it's a third person game, but I can only hope so, as I'm really not a fan of fps on consoles.

Didn't Ken Levine get all angry and leave 2K, and now they can't make any more Shock! games or something I dunno. Whatever it is it will, like Bioshock!, be announced way too early so that I have to spend two years scouring the internet for trailers, leaked clips and tech demos. Also, it'll probably be sweet.

AFAIK, Irrational is owned by 2K. D: They used to be called "2K [something]" after they got bought out but changed back to Irrational after Bioshock.

AFAIK, Irrational is owned by 2K. D: They used to be called "2K [something]" after they got bought out but changed back to Irrational after Bioshock.

2K Boston.

something-shock that isn't system shock or bioshock. They've done space and the ocean, so maybe some kind of underground game?

full_moon_large.jpg

Then again it is called Icarus, maybe it's a game on the sun and Chris is currently writing the sequel which will be on the moon.

Maybe he was hired to marry strong business with strong IP.

(yes, I know that was EA originally)

This is the one piece of news that I'm really looking forward to this entire year...

Man, I wish I knew anything about making games and work at Irrational, that would be sweet.

I'm pretty sure Remo's first game at Irrational will be "Dr. Jesus" starring Bob the medical professional.

Honestly I don't pay attention to Irrational, i didn't really get their whole deal while they were making those super hero games. I understand the past pedigree, but aside from that they haven't really tickled my fancy.

Freedom Force and its sequel are two of the best games ever. Play them before slagging them. People keep saying it'll be a new IP, but I don't know where that source is coming from. If this game is not Freedom Force 3, I will be devastated and hide under my blankets for about a week.

Icarus is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus. The main story told about Icarus is his attempt to escape from Crete by means of wings constructed by his father.

Wings + Flight = TRIBES!!!!!! If only....

Freedom Force and its sequel are two of the best games ever. Play them before slagging them. People keep saying it'll be a new IP, but I don't know where that source is coming from. If this game is not Freedom Force 3, I will be devastated and hide under my blankets for about a week.

:fart:

I really didn't like anything about them and I usually can find something about almost everything to say nice things about.

Wings + Flight = TRIBES!!!!!! If only....

When I wrote up the story of whatisicarus going online, here's what I wrote as my prediction.

If the project title was chosen due to linked themes, then perhaps Project Icarus will focus on a gameplay mechanic based around a form of unimaginable power. You can use it as often as you like, but if you use it too much (ie. get too close to the sun) then you’re punished in some way, either by death or some form of loss of control. It’s also entirely possible that Irrational are planning on making a Flight Combat Simulator, and Icarus was chosen to represent the impossibly brilliant sense of flight. I wouldn’t bet on that, mind you.

oooh flight sim would be interesting, though i doubt it given the market for them. I know Shawn Elliot is a big time air combat dude as well, logging a lot of time in IL-2 and Battlefield.

Do they still make those? I just cant imagine a big name studio(sure) making a flight sim in 2010

HAWX 2 is out next month...

It's more airplanes, for people who still don't know what airplanes is.

Did you find anything particularly objectionable about FF? Is it just that the throwback cheesy comic stuff isn't your thing, and you don't really dig squad-based tactical RPGs? I found the game design great and well balanced, and thought the notes that the story hit and the overall tone were brilliant, but I can see them not being your taste. Finding anything really [/i]bad[/i] about it seems weird to me though, as even if it's not your style I think it's still at least solid in every respect.

HAWX 2 is out next month...

HAWX 2 is as close to a flight sim as Mafia 2 is close to a mafia sim.