toblix

Costume Quest

So, the timing would hint that the contract with THQ not only left DF as the sole owner of the IP, but also that THQ only held the release rights on any platform for a year, yielding them back to DF after that.

If that's the case, that's an interesting approach and a very sweet deal.

Y'know, I bought the DLC on my PS3 but never played it. I should get on that. Got every possible thing in the main game though. I liked it quite a bit.

Y'know, I bought the DLC on my PS3 but never played it. I should get on that. Got every possible thing in the main game though. I liked it quite a bit.

Yeah, but did you like it more than a beer and a pizza?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/09/multiple-double-fine-announcements-coming-next-week.aspx

Anyone heard any other news about this? Did this press event really happen on 14th October as I haven't seen any news reports on websites?

Propably the press peeps had to sign NDA and on a certain date all of the bombs will be dropped.

I really would like to hear more about this Steve Dengler character, seems like an unbelievably awesome guy.

Edited by Kolzig

Apparently, this was only sent to the Press, so it might still be 'bargo-ed. As for Psychonauts 2/Episodes, the announcement would make me quite happy, but I'm loving the way DF has been offering new visions every 4 months now... so I'd rather they continue doing that and in similar short format.

Apparently, this was only sent to the Press, so it might still be 'bargo-ed. As for Psychonauts 2/Episodes, the announcement would make me quite happy, but I'm loving the way DF has been offering new visions every 4 months now... so I'd rather they continue doing that and in similar short format.

Well if their latest podcast is to be believed, they simply can't afford to make Psychonauts 2, even if they wanted to.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/09/multiple-double-fine-announcements-coming-next-week.aspx

Anyone heard any other news about this? Did this press event really happen on 14th October as I haven't seen any news reports on websites?

Ah, so the six consist of one already-announced game, two ports, one iOS app, one DLC, and one new Kinect game.

5Y0H3.jpg

I love these guys, I Kay hope they can make a bigger game again one day.

Small projects are creativily cool and I'm happy If their happy, I just hope it's not hard times over there. Rather infuriating that a publisher can blow millions without thinking on some generic peice of shit shoot but won't for a lighthearted creative romp.

I feel like Double Fine is hamstrung by old-school publishers who summarily undermine the viability of the PC platform. They probably rely on these relationships more than contemporary indies because they have a huge ass team that needs feeding.

They are porting shit to the PC and the Mac, so they are at least listening. Very slowly, but they're listening. And I am trying not to be a horrible irrational fan here by demanding more and more often. Do we know if the porting was done in-house and on the engine itself? If so, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to publish all of their games on the pc and mac which is :tup: considering I have been itching to try the matryoshka game.

I started playing this today. Very fun and cute. I found it surprisingly hard to block and perform critical hits, though, because I'm not used to XBOX360 controller. I mean, what the fuck is blue X doing on the left?

I hope I can figure this out before Arkham City arrives. I got the controller half way through Arkham Asylum, but simply couldn't use it because I got so confused with the controls.

I played Grubbins on Ice last week and I must say the combat is somehow more boring than in the main game. EVERY battle except two went the same way:

(targeting healers first)

normal attack

normal attack

normal attack

-

normal attack

normal attack

normal attack

-

special attack (maybe defensive)

special attack

special attack

-

normal attack

normal attack

normal attack

(less a few attacks if the enemies died quicker)

(none of my guys died)

No I noticed that too. None of the enemies in Grubbins on Ice seemed particularly tough or much of a mix of what came before. The fact that you're bringing all of the stuff you had before into the DLC makes it much easier as well.