Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 4

My first inbox message in my first game of Neptune's Pride is someone saying hi in roleplay speak. What do I do?!

My first inbox message in my first game of Neptune's Pride is someone saying hi in roleplay speak. What do I do?!

Reply in the same way. :P

My portrait looks like some sort of hostile flesh-eating species. I feel compelled to lie about peace.

Wow, I've just witnessed my first act of betrayal in this game. And it did not disappoint my expectations. It wasn't against me, but it puts me in a very odd situation.

Some people dig that whole thing. I just reply in regular speak. When I've done it, the role player doesn't seem to mind, and I'm cool with it if they are.

Now that the Thumbs game is over, I'll try to guess peoples identities.

SylvesterStalloneVanityProject = Murdoc

ZaphodBeeblebrox = Tobacco

Swiftheart Rabbit = Hero Protagonist

Capt Gunga Galunga = Chris

Sean Vanaman = SpeedyDesiato

StopmotionAutomaton = Sleepdance

Transformouse = Jake

I'm probably way off with these, but I might as well give it a try.

I honestly don't have a clue who anyone is, I thought I had a few figured out, but couldn't make a guess.

I will say this though, my attitude was pretty shit near the end in a very unfriendly gamer way, life sort of got int he way and stress kind of hit me pretty hard, but I still logged on from time to time just to be an ass.

The reveal.

SpeedyDesiato: Sean Vanaman

Chris: Sleepdancing dream of Mr. J

Hero Protagonist: SylvestorStalloneVanityProject.

lobotomy42: Basturbating Mare

Murdoc: Swiftheart Rabbit

Wurtsi: computer

Jake: Transformouse

Tabacco: Masturgator

Sleepdance: Stop-motion Automaton

Jennoa: Mr. Pants

Emonk: Capt Gunga Galunga

Asembo: ZaphodBeeblebrox

My fatal error in the game was believing I had an alliance. I threw the house at Mr. Pants and Rabbit immediately betrayed me. I was never really able to recover from that.

Are we playing another? I'm interested if we are.

I got brutally gangbanged pretty early on, and despite forming a few alliances there wasn't really anything I could do about it, so eventually I just stopped checking back in.

Yeah I had things under control for awhile playing purple, red and green off of each other, my biggest mistake was not attacking Sylvester and instead going after an potential ally like red.

Also, was too busy with life to respond quick enough when I was attacked, but still doesn't excuse some of my frustrated comments, lol.

Ah well, interesting game; just once though it'd be cool to see a game all the way through with out leavers(I was technically one of them this time, so not blaming anyone)

Actually, Murdoc, I don't think attacking me would've helped you that game. Certainly you left yourself too open to attack on my end, but attacking me would not have helped you.

I think your biggest mistake was expanding too rapidly and aggressively. Your initial blitz netted you a lot of stars, but your forces were spread thin. When I did attack you you had roughly double me star count, but something like 150 more ships. The sheer size of your empire also prompted my attacks; I knew that you would pull away and become unstoppable if I waited too long.

Knowing the locations of your fleets prompted me to send Capt. Gunga speed and range technologies with a very small set of instructions. All he needed to do was wreak a little havoc and I knew you could not recover. The goal wasn't to take and hold stars, but rather to destroy your economy and disrupt your tech and science.

Also, you weren't REALLY playing me off Masturgator. =)

He had attacked my worlds and I was already working to re-take them. I told you what you wanted to hear to instill confidence.

Anyone got time to do a sort of writeup (brief) of the game you had? I'm a little hooked on this game now.