Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 4

I remember hearing about this game a while ago - I think I'd love to give it a go. Quid pro quo?

I remember hearing about this game a while ago - I think I'd love to give it a go. Quid pro quo?

Fixed.

Well if the twelfth player doesn't join soon maybe we should just let Speedy in?

Since we don't know who isn't joining, Patters will have to take care of the logistics, there might be a good reason why the other person hasn't joined yet, so can't say for certain.

Just figured this game would be going by now, ah well, worth the wait.

I was originally going to respond to this, but then I realized that it was just a clever ploy to try to match up my forum handle with my in-game identity.

Well played, Hero Protagonist...if that is your real name.

*Fingers drumming together.*

Indeed. My plans are so devious that I concoct them and put them into action before I even join games.

I will find you out, other new guys.

This is obviously a plot by the Thumbs to delay the game. At Pax Prime, while we watch cardboard cutouts of them with an old episode playing over the speakers, they will launch the game and rule the universe.

Right, I have it sorted, Speedy is in. We have a couple of ways to do this, the best would probably be a reroll of 3/4 names to keep it fair, those who can do so post here and I'll send the amended names.

Sean deeply apologises for not being able to participate, as I said before the dude's incredibly busy.

Right, I have it sorted, Speedy is in. We have a couple of ways to do this, the best would probably be a reroll of 3/4 names to keep it fair, those who can do so post here and I'll send the amended names.

Sean deeply apologises for not being able to participate, as I said before the dude's incredibly busy.

Ok, someone will have to walk me through this step-by-step. Sorry, but I have no idea about any of it!

Ok, someone will have to walk me through this step-by-step. Sorry, but I have no idea about any of it!

The game has a pretty good tutorial which it'll link you to in the game, this is helpful also for battles.

So we're redistributing names?

Only a couple, if people are OK with it. It wouldn't be fair to Speedy not to.

Only a couple, if people are OK with it. It wouldn't be fair to Speedy not to.

Oh names don't matter to me. Let everyone stick with what they've got, then shove me in at the end. I just want to learn and play with some Thumbs =)

Oh names don't matter to me. Let everyone stick with what they've got, then shove me in at the end. I just want to learn and play with some Thumbs =)

Well if you're OK with it, I guess it's all good. I'll PM you your username and Murdoc can PM the game details if he is happy with it also.

Speedy are you playing in this game? I wouldn't mind giving you pointers and being nosy!

Speedy are you playing in this game? I wouldn't mind giving you pointers and being nosy!

I am indeed. Am I right in saying that each player's identity is meant to be kept a secret though? Only reason I assume this is that my identity was PM'd to me, making me think it's supposed to be a secret.

I think I've got the hang of this now. This game is freaking sweet. Thanks for letting me in guys!

I started the game with very little resources and tech, which seems to be making the initial game a bit slower. The map looked huge when we began, but it's filled up quickly , not even sure how people got so many stars already.

Not a lot of chatter in my inbox, but some people somewhere are mixing it up it sounds like. A bit quiet on my part of the galaxy that's for sure.

oh, and I like guessing who people are trying to apply what logic I know about them to that name, only to probably find out later I was so wrong.

(that should be vague enough)

Really off topic, but does anyone know anyone at Ironhelmet? I think they should let a small group of us into the Blight of the Immortals beta.

Just a thought.

Well, is it naughty for current Irrational Games employees to solicit former Irrational Games employees for early access to their game?

Really off topic, but does anyone know anyone at Ironhelmet? I think they should let a small group of us into the Blight of the Immortals beta.

Just a thought.

Also, please ask them to get on a spectator mode so I can watch this game. :(

i am curious about this game since hearing it on the podcast, is it worth messing around with? easy to pick up? just reply with your thoughts :yep:

The biggest difficulty you will come across is keeping your interest through the beginning push. Also, the game is amazing if you have the right group of people involved.

There isn't a huge learning curve, but knowing how battles work, and what everything means can be confusing at first.

It's a fun game, I really enjoy it, and under the right circumstances it induces heart attack, ulcer forming levels of stress.

If there is a group of people that wanted to start a game i would be interested for sure. i think i can stand the beginning phase if only to see what Chris was so enthused about when he was describing it on the podcast. ill have to check it out now then.