Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 12: The Silken Goku

Ah, I always assumed it was closer than that, seeing as Nick used to work for Shack etc. I guess he worked from home then!

He definitely worked from home, as did Chris when he worked for Shack. Shacknews doesn't have an office I don't think. Well, now I guess they have the GameFly office but most people are still remote. (Alice O'Connor for instance is in the UK, or something.)

He definitely worked from home, as did Chris when he worked for Shack. Shacknews doesn't have an office I don't think. Well, now I guess they have the GameFly office but I don't think the whole staff is located there,

That makes sense. Occasionally on the podcast Garnett and Brian make reference to watching each other play games, so I assume they have some office somewhere!

Now that the podcast is ending, would someone explain why Steve has Ebola virus as an avatar?

Now that the podcast is ending, would someone explain why Steve has Ebola virus as an avatar?

Because it's viral. :yep:

I had gotten drunk and passed out at Jeff Minter's house,

How has everyone just passed right by this???

How has everyone just passed right by this???

I didn't want to comment lest it didn't do it enough justice.

Wait, Vanaman dropped out? Was he the hold up? So I'm in game right now not talking to the real Sean Vanaman?! He said he was, even had good evidence to prove it... I've been sending free tech to an imposter thinking I was helping a new player.

GODDAMMIT!

If vanaman is at pax I'm going to wrestle him and/or his imposter.

That's a promise, as long as he doesn't have a bodyguard like Wesley crusher did that one year.

Wait, Vanaman dropped out? Was he the hold up? So I'm in game right now not talking to the real Sean Vanaman?! He said he was, even had good evidence to prove it... I've been sending free tech to an imposter thinking I was helping a new player.

GODDAMMIT!

If vanaman is at pax I'm going to wrestle him and/or his imposter.

That's a promise, as long as he doesn't have a bodyguard like Wesley crusher did that one year.

Vanaman isn't in game, though the player with his name is not experienced with the game.

Vanaman isn't in game, though the player with his name is not experienced with the game.

That sounds confusing.

But experienced enough in deceit, that's for sure. One of the Vanaman's is going to pay for this betrayal, mark my words.

Yeah, I couldnt do the game justice as I'm crunching on a "thang," and I will be at PAX. So, ya know, BRING THAT SHIT.

Yeah, I couldnt do the game justice as I'm crunching on a "thang," and I will be at PAX. So, ya know, BRING THAT SHIT.

Wait, are you coming on to me?

If you happen to pass by the Riot area and there's no line-up why don't you be a peach and pick up a Singed unlock code for an absolute stranger!

(also a pastrami on rye)

I'm the asshole who dropped out of the Neptune's Pride game. I got so busy that I forgot about it. Sorry. Terrible, I know.

I'm the asshole who dropped out of the Neptune's Pride game. I got so busy that I forgot about it. Sorry. Terrible, I know.

You're the worst.

I don't think any of your planets have been taken yet actually. You could jump back in probably. You couldn't win at this point, the reemergence of the orange player would certainly spice things up.

They started on Xbox 360 (and then were picked up as Trophies by PS3.) They are required by MS/Sony for all games that ship on those platforms, so the only games of note that wouldn't have them in recent years would be PC/Wii/portable-exclusive games. As we've seen with Steam/Starcraft 2, people are starting to invest in them even when not required.

True, with the name Achievements first announced for Xbox in end of May 2007 for Halo 2 and in late 2007 added to Steam first to Orange Box.

Sweet episode, shame that it's all ending (again) soon...

One more (episode 13) to go and then it's over I guess. I do hope though that the PAX chat will make it's way to the net also, in mp3 form or Wizardvideo form.

Did you guys know that there used to be some video game company called Wizard Video Games?

Edited by Kolzig