Sign in to follow this  
Roswell47

**Remo hacked/phished on steam!**

I got this message a few mins ago:

Never tell your password to anyone.

den 8 augusti 2010

04:10 - chrisremo: *Link removed*

OMG OMG WTF? HAHAHAHA

Don't click any link you recieve from him.

Yeah I just got it too, it was some kind of link to a german TLD steam community thing. Watch out Chris!

Edit: Image for clarification

remof.jpg

Aw great, I got it too. I was away at the time, so only saw it an hour later. At first, I was like "Wow, Remo Messaged me?!?" Clicking on the link brought me to this obvious phishing site.

Anyway, folks on Remo's friend's list be warned I guess.

Haha, the guy saying "that wasn't me" wasn't me either. The account has been shut down, so I just have to get it back via Valve.

Haha, the guy saying "that wasn't me" wasn't me either. The account has been shut down, so I just have to get it back via Valve.

After the trials Toblix had, what was your experience like?

After the trials Toblix had, what was your experience like?

Pretty straightforward. I was out having dinner when my account was shut down. When I got home, I submitted a support request to reinstate it, and by the time I woke up the next morning, it had gone through, so I changed my password and secret question.

If I remember correctly, the problem wasn't so much that Toblix couldn't get his account back, it was that the person who'd jacked his stuff had also used cheats in Counter Strike or something. This meant that in addition to having to get his account back, 'blix was VAC-banned. Getting the account back probably wasn't the problem, but being locked out of any multiplayer ever was. Apparently, it's much harder to get your multiplayer permissions back than it is to get your account back.

Yeah, the VAC-ban was the problem. Apparently they don't lift them ever in a million years, even though the smallest amount of investigating would make my innocence apparent.

Yeah, the VAC-ban was the problem. Apparently they don't lift them ever in a million years, even though the smallest amount of investigating would make my innocence apparent.

So you're still banned? Dude, that sucks :(

Which is why all of my passwords are randomly generated numbers, letters and where possible character strings which I store securely in a secret place. :tup: