Chris

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 11: Diplomatic Pouch

Uh oh

Diplomatic Pouch

In this far-flung cyborg future of video game discussion, nobody known where the cast ends and the break begins, when your last shred of humanity gives way to a robot soul, or why you're full of ants. One thing is for sure, though: you will pay to click a cow.

Games Discussed: StarCraft II, Cow Clicker, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken X StarCraft, Red Dead Redemption, Toy Story 3: The Video Game, SimCity (iPhone), SimAnt, Darkspore, Deus Ex 3, Singularity, Back Into Samuel L. Jackson's Arm, Kitty Tap HD

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Uh oh

Diplomatic Pouch

In this far-flung cyborg future of video game discussion, nobody known where the cast ends and the break begins, when your last shred of humanity gives way to a robot soul, or why you're full of ants. One thing is for sure, though: you will pay to click a cow.

Games Discussed: StarCraft II, Cow Clicker, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken X StarCraft, Red Dead Redemption, Toy Story 3: The Video Game, SimCity (iPhone), SimAnt, Darkspore, Deus Ex 3, Singularity, Back Into Samuel L. Jackson's Arm, Kitty Tap HD

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Aww yeah! Great start to my weekend! Thanks guys :)

Lol like that it starts 7 1/2 minutes in. :P

Edited by SpeedyDesiato

Uh oh. There is some surprising news at the end of this one, but I don't want to be the Diplomatic Pouch of Bad News.

Holy crap! Another new one? What is happening here?

That bad news better not be a re-canceling. Stop playing with my heart, Thumbcast!

Oh god I just skipped the rest of the show to hear the news. Oh god what the fuck no this makes me so sad :(

Just realised this must be how max ides feels;

EVERYTHING I LOVE DIES

Regardless of what happens with the cast, we've all still got the forums and stuff and potential bonus future casts.

Congratulations Chris, anyway!:tup:

Congrats Chris (fuck youuuu). When will you be able to say where you are going?

Also, this was a particularly great episode.

IDLE THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

More like Idle FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Damnit, I was really excited when I saw there was a podcast this week and now this. Well, congrats to Chris :tup:

What the f*ck is this? Two podcasts within a week. What is wrong with you guys!?

Chris is dying. :(

Nooo, just when I was getting "The Idle Thumbs Podcast: The Completely Inofficial Game" really going and had figured out all the dialogue, the "game design" and such.

fc1h6s.jpg

Guess Chris' apartment will remain unfinished. ;)

nooo....

that'll me the ... erm... 4th death of the thumbs?

congrats Remo for getting a real job in the game industry ;)

Congrats Chris! :tup:

Fuck Chris. :tdown:

Wonder where he'll end up. Irrational? Epic? Rock Star? Bethesda? Harmonix? Must be Harmonix, eh?

Congrats Chris! :tup:

Fuck Chris. :tdown:

Wonder where he'll end up. Irrational? Epic? Rock Star? Bethesda? Harmonix? Must be Harmonix, eh?

Actually, if it is Harmonix, then I'd be super happy for him. I reckon Harmonix + Remo = a perfect match

We should have seen it coming because of all the updates...

Personally if you look at what the last death of Idle Thumbs did to the community, this could all just be a stunt to be the most listened cast on the internet but continually killing and bringing it back.

Harmonix or Valve are the only two companies that make sense to me... I hope Valve (because I don't play music games). edit: oops I guess its on the other side of the country so no valve. Well the east coast sucks, so beware.

StarCraft 2: Damn you Chris you talk about games I have no interest in and make me want to play them, but based on your DoW talks I probably know its not for me.

Also my brain totally shut off half way through the Tekken Kangaroo research chat, I had no idea what was going on.

Red Dead Redemption: I believe Steve is right, I noticed it in the Hillcoat thing since it looked like they cranked the lighting accuracy up quite a bit and I know it's really easy to do this in their engine.

It's a really slick engine, just not the most accurate when you start working with smaller, closed in spaces, hehe.

SimCity: So Chris, your saying just build some basic stuff, dont do anything for a few years, then increase taxes and build? or are you just building little by little every year? I was only ever good at SimCity 1, sort of, but never awesome at it.

Sim Ant was rad. Fuck the lawn mower. I like whistling for other ants and start rolling on some reds.

Jurrasic Park Game: OK Jake, let's do this. I can make the room and possibly the Sam Jackon arm. We'll need a programmer and animator, you supply the music.

Edited by Murdoc

Now I just feel sad... I'm gonna go back and listen to all of the old casts, lamenting for the good old days.

Wow, three casts in two weeks! Glad to see the podcast is becoming regular again!