The ones I'm doing are all friendly ones where everyone is welcome.

Cool, though I'm the US server. I'll keep an eye out. Losing resolve a little though. Getting MURDERED online. Had forgotten what this was like.

Cool, though I'm the US server. I'll keep an eye out. Losing resolve a little though. Getting MURDERED online. Had forgotten what this was like.

Race? what are you having issues against?

Terran. When I was playing regularly before, and got to Silver after a ludicrous winning spree (30+) I was just handy enough at building a MMM ball. Wee push after a couple of minutes, if there was enough resistance turtle up for another few minutes and then either drop the ball behind them or storm the front.

Decided to give Zerg a try, am awful, terrible at Zerg it turns out. Back now after ages and I'm not sure if Bronze are a bit better, seeing as I'm fairly limited myself. Macro is a bit aimless at the moment, allowing myself to have WAY too many minerals unspent here and there, but mostly once I'm finally ready with any kind of force my opponent is easily ready for me. Just getting slaughtered.

The leagues are tougher atm, as there are less players. when are you expanding?

I'd pick one build which you like and do it again and again until you are super confident with it. With the current balance Zerg is really safe to expand before anything else.

The leagues are tougher atm, as there are less players. when are you expanding?

I'd pick one build which you like and do it again and again until you are super confident with it. With the current balance Zerg is really safe to expand before anything else.

Cheers, thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll give Zerg another go. I have noticed that expanding is normal now. When I played over a year ago I was winning in one base versus one base regularly. I'll need to work on macro. Still, the game does reward you for practicing.

I'm not even sure what time I usually expand. At least after ten minutes in, which is probably crazy late. Was very close to signing up with gomtv.net again, though it's a wee bit pricey. Watching those games helped me a lot before despite clearly being in a completely different league, literally and figuratively.

On the NA ladder you get a LOT of one base play, if you can get down a second quick enough and hold the early aggression then you basically have the win.

On the NA ladder you get a LOT of one base play, if you can get down a second quick enough and hold the early aggression then you basically have the win.

Cheers. Feeling a bit more confident now, might go on and have a go later on today!

If you want some coaching or a practice partner, let's hop on skype sometime! I'm SententiaSC on skype, Sententia.180 NA side. I forgot my mouse today when I took the trip to my internet spot so I can't play, but tomorrow I'd be totally up for it.

*bump*

Who's up for some fooling around with Heart of the Swarm.

I've totally forgotten all my timings, so i'm terrible, but it'll be fun.

Also, is there a group for Idle thumbs on battle net yet, or should we create one?

I'm looking into rebuilding my computer and getting the game next week sometime. I need to get over my ladder anxiety and just get back to playing, i actually got up to diamond in SC2 Part Uno

Ill be making a group/clan for Idle thumbs on the US servers. and preference between clans or groups?

I caved and picked this up. I really loved SCII, though never made it out of gold. I started the campaign last night and it is so, so hokey. If it wasn't so self-serious it would be campy and fun, but instead it's alternatively boring and embarrassing. Thankfully the gameplay is still great. Anyway, my tag is isawdasein#1305 if anyone wants to play a few casual games sometime over the weekend. 

Ill be making a group/clan for Idle thumbs on the US servers. and preference between clans or groups?

I'm not clear on the difference... I've been placed in Silver somehow and am getting my ASS kicked. Horrible weak minded type that I am, the XP system is mitigating the fact I'm useless. I also refuse to go back to Terran. I will learn to play Zerg. I hope that the fact I'm getting killed (eight losses, no win yet) in Silver is a sign I could at least survive in Bronze now. 

So yeah, don't expect a high quality playing partner but I'd be happy to join in whatever and help boost the numbers a bit.

Ok, so Google is my friend. I would prefer a Clan but seeing as you can only join one there may be Thumbs who'd prefer a Group so they can remain free agents.

Those floozies.

But I say Clan. I've never joined a clan. Except for the one I was born in to. None of them play Starcraft though.

I'm only a mid level silver and I haven't been doing very well either. I'll make a clan tomorrow and see how well it sticks with the community.

So the clans name is just IdleThumbs and the Tag is VGVGVG. Seach it out, or add my blizzard tag (illeria #963)

cool, i'll join it.  What's the diff between clans and groups beyond only having one, and getting a tag?

I can't seem to figure out how to join, you might need to invite people.  In which case, it might be better as a group so we can make it open.

Yea it looks like there is a member limit as well, so it probably wouldnt work very well for an online community. I made a group called "Idle Thumbs" in NA. That should make it easier

Yesterday I saw Husky casting "Bronze league heroes". That made we wanne try sc2 out once more.

I've never stopped watching sc2. MLG, GSL etc. I love the game but im so bad at it :D

Any EU players on here? I think I used to be a gold league Terran back in the days.

But bronze or silver is what I'm getting at now I think. So any EU players who wanne muck around sometimes?

With the expansion, you can now switch areas on a whim. Which means you can play with us North American fellows :)  

I don't have the expansion either, but I joined the Idle Thumbs group anyways.  Probably won't be playing much, but maybe I'll see you on!

If you're into SC2 still join the group, it's easy and unlike a clan you can join as many groups as you want.

I joined the Idle Thumbs group on NA. My SC2 ID is Cover these days. I just beat the AI on Hard and am thrilled. That should tell you where I am.