Most of you guys are in the US I see. Damn, that sucks that they've split the servers by continents.

Yea that is really lame

Been trying to get my skill back by working on my mechanics in observer games. I added you canadianJohn

I'm performing thread necromancy because I'm always on the lookout for people to jump into some team games with. I'm a Platinum level Zerg player and am always happy to give pointers to new players or help people test builds as a practice partner. Feel free to friend me on Battle.net: Illykai #120 on NA.

Edited by Illykai

Sententia.180

NA

Feel free to friend me! I'm always up for some team games and prefer to chat on Skype while playing.

I wish I still knew how to play this game. I feel like it was all muscle memory and rhythm I stole from watching replays.

Slowly getting it back, replaced due to a whole seasons break into Gold EU.

I haven't got game plans back yet, and I'm losing a lot. My micro has suffered a lot, where it used to be the strongest part of my game, my macro is getting better, taking bases left right and centre.

The game is about to hit an interesting point when the Kespa players go full time, Flash is showing some of the best micro I have ever seen.

man I really need to get back into this game, but the stress of losing in ladder kills me heh. I was platinum at one point, but if I started again now id probably get placed in silver lol

I find no game gives me adrenaline like the SC2 ladder. Most other 1v1 games have broken matchmaking because nobody plays the game anymore, the dudes who are still playing absolutely annihilate anyone who gives it a try. SC2 still has a huge number of players and always matches me against similarly skilled opponents, even though I'm in foreverBronze.

Also what really helps is having a friend who you can share replays with and go over games, wins or losses.

YES! Got a scheduled monobattle game tomorrow night. Manchester Barcraft Vs Derby Barcraft best of 3, I'll follow up later!!

I find no game gives me adrenaline like the SC2 ladder. Most other 1v1 games have broken matchmaking because nobody plays the game anymore, the dudes who are still playing absolutely annihilate anyone who gives it a try. SC2 still has a huge number of players and always matches me against similarly skilled opponents, even though I'm in foreverBronze.

Also what really helps is having a friend who you can share replays with and go over games, wins or losses.

Exactly! I tried to get into competitive chess and even went to some tournaments, but playing online feels too weird to me and there wasn't anyone in the neighborhood with an even skill level. With Starcraft 2 I get the same competitive 1v1 feeling I got from chess and tennis, but there's a structured ladder that's built really well for competition unlike the Battle.net of Starcraft 1.

I tried to get into competitive chess and even went to some tournaments, but playing online feels too weird to me and there wasn't anyone in the neighborhood with an even skill level.

I've thought about chess too, I find it mildly fascinating but you say online is weird? I thought there were millions of players online and it was all ELO ranked and you would always have similar skilled opponents, is that not the case?

There are tons of online services for chess that have completely fine matchmaking, but I just don't enjoy it when I don't have physical pieces to move in front of me. If you want to do it go for it, but I can't until they come out with hologram services, or some sort of set that connects to a computer and translates the physical pieces moving into actions in the game. I wonder if they have that already...

edit: I'm also just not very excited about chess any more, once I got to a sufficient skill level to really understand how the game has been completely figured out for optimal moves, and the implications of that in gameplay, I lost interest. I could look below me and see how much I'd improved in interesting ways, and look above me and see that the only way to improve is to continue being able to predict more and more moves into the future. With RTS games in general and particularly starcraft 1 and 2, execution plays so vital a role that I can improve in a ton of different ways, and the real-time movement brings such a huge weight of tactical nuance. To put it another way, in Chess I was a competitive runner sprinting through the same course over and over, and I could see that if I kept practicing more and more I could bump my mile speed down to 3 minutes. It's not that it wouldn't be rewarding to put in that effort and reach that goal, or that it's a meaningless task, but I just wasn't enjoying it any more. In starcraft 2 I'm an ant climbing up a skyscraper; I can look up and see a hundred paths to keep climbing, and the top is obscured by clouds (and korean men inside onions).

Hi guys! Trying to get back to playing some Sc2 again. Available for practice, tournys or anything really.

Can be found at Strider, code: 771, EU

Playing fairly consistently now, i.e. I'm getting better. playing mostly solo and 2s, The EU ladder makes the US one look like a joke. I still play on it when friends are.

That link leads to an event that's already over, I had to search around the site to find the Next Tournament section only to find it's EU.

If you're reading this thread and thinking about entering a tournament, there are online tournaments for all different leagues going on all the time. You can find them in the TeamLiquid SC2 Tournaments forum.

I really need to just force myself to get back into laddering, it's so fun when you're in the moment, but the anxiety of losing(even though you win just as much thanks to the good matchmaking) is just a lot to deal with.

I just got back in after a LONG time. Now, prepare your ears, because I am truly awful.

Back when I was playing regularly, I learned how to use hotkeys and how to produce a few troops at a time (Terran) without having an aneurysm. I went on ridiculous winning streaks (like, 30 in a row) before finally making it to silver where things went back to normal. I'd found my level. Now, for some reason, I wanted to give Zerg a shot.

Yeah, I can't play Zerg. Now I know why I stopped playing all that while ago. Just absolutely clueless. I just got placed in Bronze after playing a few Terran games. Obviously I'm not great at Terran either, but at least with Terran I feel comfortable creating a Ball and wandering over to a dude. That's the limit of what I can do, really. With Zerg, I could get to a point where I was spreading creep, keeping up with the larvae, but ultimately just producing a lot of zerglings and then being crushed.

So yeah, nice to be back here in the lower levels.

It's been so long since I played a legitimate game, I'm probably just as bad as you John. The great thing about starcraft 2 though is that matchmaking system actually works really well. You never feel like you're getting matched against someone just completely out of your league, both ways.

It's been so long since I played a legitimate game, I'm probably just as bad as you John. The great thing about starcraft 2 though is that matchmaking system actually works really well. You never feel like you're getting matched against someone just completely out of your league, both ways.

I agree completely. I have a ton of fun with that game because they do a great job matching me up with people. I'm happy playing Bronze matches for weeks, it's still fun being up against people.

What's the deal with tournaments? I've seen some that talk about all being welcome, but I am REALLY bad.

Like, "I built a ton of marines and didn't win inside ten minutes, now I'm boned" bad.

Bronze bad, to clarify. I did get to silver once, trying to re-train my brain to get back to those dizzying heights.