The stream didn't go down for me. Guess I got lucky. Yeah. it was a great match. Makes me really wish I was there to see it in person.

I was there but I didn't get to see the game. Yes, yes, I suck.

To be honest, I didn't see anywhere near as much live SC2 as I wanted to. It was just a weird thing where you kind of had to stake out the same place all day, and I was with friends and wanted to see panels and stuff. I did see Sen v Loner live, that was a good one. I like to cheer on the Taiwanese players, I used to live there. The final was awesome, they showed the whole thing in the main hall on huge screens as well as the RTS stage.

In other news, I'm now enthused about SC2 again and I am learning Zerg (i.e. playing lots of custom games trying to get the hang of hotkeys). What can I say, my silver Terran skills were going to my head.

I live about 3.5 hours away from Dallas TX, I'm considering driving there for the MLG finals, I think it's a 25,000 prize for the SC2 winner, and of course Day 9 will be shoutcasting the event

In other news, I'm now enthused about SC2 again and I am learning Zerg (i.e. playing lots of custom games trying to get the hang of hotkeys). What can I say, my silver Terran skills were going to my head.

Well if you need a punching bag let me know.

Well if you need a punching bag let me know.

Cool, sounds good! I had not been playing for ages and I'm getting interested again. Being broke, it's distracting me from all the games I won't be buying this autumn. Damn you, New Vegas!!!!

I'm also up for some rubbish 2v2 play. I'd like to give it a shot at least. It could be fun if we got ranked and actually played people at our own level. As opposed to being instantly owned by a zerg/reaper push or something.

I live about 3.5 hours away from Dallas TX, I'm considering driving there for the MLG finals, I think it's a 25,000 prize for the SC2 winner, and of course Day 9 will be shoutcasting the event

That sounds like fun, but I don't think I can make it up. Let us know how it is if you go.

I am definitely up for 2v2. I really haven't had a chance to dig into that.

I'm in the same boat, no money, and so no new games for awhile.

So how did people find the MLG Dallas event, I've picked up a little from Jinro (and other Terran players), mostly scouting with buildings and strong forward bases. I've also been playing 2v2 games with a school friend, teaching him how to play, when to attack etc.

So how did people find the MLG Dallas event, I've picked up a little from Jinro (and other Terran players), mostly scouting with buildings and strong forward bases. I've also been playing 2v2 games with a school friend, teaching him how to play, when to attack etc.

Well, I'm very low level but I've been learning bits and pieces. I switched to Zerg recently and TheLittleOne and Dimaga have been really useful. I'm still catching up on Dallas.

One thing that no caster will probably advise, but will help out novice zerg play a lot is building an extra hatch in your main to help you even out your larva use. It used to be fairly standard, but now those resources are better spent elsewhere if your macro is smooth. However most people lose focus and build up surplus minerals, or forget to larva spit and have no capacity to macro up when they're under pressure.

Also, build extra queens, they're great for defending most cheese and air rushes.

One thing that no caster will probably advise, but will help out novice zerg play a lot is building an extra hatch in your main to help you even out your larva use. It used to be fairly standard, but now those resources are better spent elsewhere if your macro is smooth. However most people lose focus and build up surplus minerals, or forget to larva spit and have no capacity to macro up when they're under pressure.

Also, build extra queens, they're great for defending most cheese and air rushes.

Cool, thanks man. I had been wondering about building extra hatcheries actually. My Zerg macro is getting better though I haven't played in a week. I was starting to get into a decent rhythm with the queens, but I think a couple extra early to spread creep and defend is a good idea.

The QXC replay pack was VERY enlightening.

Idra vs. Jinro and MarineKing vs. NaDa

Those were some of the most amazing matches I have yet seen on the GSL.

damn I stayed up late for the Idra Jinro match but it sounds like I missed the most epic match ever from the way everyone is going on about it. Anywhere that has a replay I can watch for free?

damn I stayed up late for the Idra Jinro match but it sounds like I missed the most epic match ever from the way everyone is going on about it. Anywhere that has a replay I can watch for free?

They were really good, close games. Though not in the split map, max supply epic battles way.

There aren't any free VODs of it anywhere. But the whole season is only 9.99USD. I do think that this has been the best season of the GSL yet, and worth every penny.

I bought a US Key recently so I can play with a bunch of US dudes.

US Patters 680

EU Patters 809

I tried playing a game last night for the first time in like a month, it's like I lost all of my skill or something lol. I used to be low diamond, now I feel like I wouldn't even make it into platinum. This is such a muscle memory, mechanics based game you really can't stop.

I played for the first time since the begining of February last weekend. Just some bronze 2v2 with a buddy, and nither of us have much skill but man we had a five game win streak aginst some gold and platinum guys. I think someone was just having a bad day

I played for the first time since the begining of February last weekend. Just some bronze 2v2 with a buddy, and nither of us have much skill but man we had a five game win streak aginst some gold and platinum guys. I think someone was just having a bad day

Hey, I'd take it. I haven't played in ages but any winning streak is a good winning streak in SC2!

Have you guys been watching any of the GSL world championship stuff or TSL3 streams? Some really talented non koreans in the game today, but in the end it's two koreans in the finals of the GSL, but the foreigners showed we can compete with the best of them, and the TSL3 is still going on at team liquid this weekend.

Day 9 doing commentary as I post this. Really cool presentation for this tournament

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TeamLiquidTV

Most of you guys are in the US I see. Damn, that sucks that they've split the servers by continents.

Have you guys been watching any of the GSL world championship stuff or TSL3 streams? Some really talented non koreans in the game today, but in the end it's two koreans in the finals of the GSL, but the foreigners showed we can compete with the best of them, and the TSL3 is still going on at team liquid this weekend.

Day 9 doing commentary as I post this. Really cool presentation for this tournament

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TeamLiquidTV

Yeah to both, GSL less as I'm not a massive fan of Artosis and the streams are at the worst possible times.

Most of you guys are in the US I see. Damn, that sucks that they've split the servers by continents.

It's easy enough to get round. You just have to get a key from the other server, costs more but there are no IP hiccups and the connection is solid.