I've heard that Blizzard is planning on adding community support for battle.net, to do chat channels "properly". Which would be good, because though 3 digit codes aren't terrible, it'll be a lot easier to find a game with the community.

We should set up an event for a BGH FFA some time.

I've heard that Blizzard is planning on adding community support for battle.net, to do chat channels "properly". Which would be good, because though 3 digit codes aren't terrible, it'll be a lot easier to find a game with the community.

We should set up an event for a BGH FFA some time.

Lets make it happen. Now.

Lets make it happen. Now.

I am down for this with US players.

Really enjoying SC2 online despite proving to myself that my worst fears were true... I am only marginally better than someone who catches up on their reading while playing SC2 online, checking the screen every five minutes or so. I just get absolutely torched.

Still, a free for all could be fun. I know it was never even remotely on the cards but it's a pity the game doesn't have Steam integration, I'm a member of the thumbs group but I've never played a PC game with other thumbs. That's why this thread exists, obviously, but it would just be easier.

I am down for this with US players.

Really enjoying SC2 online despite proving to myself that my worst fears were true... I am only marginally better than someone who catches up on their reading while playing SC2 online, checking the screen every five minutes or so. I just get absolutely torched.

Still, a free for all could be fun. I know it was never even remotely on the cards but it's a pity the game doesn't have Steam integration, I'm a member of the thumbs group but I've never played a PC game with other thumbs. That's why this thread exists, obviously, but it would just be easier.

I'd be all for a FFA match of thumbs. I'm probably about at your level, so it'd be fun, we could fumble our way through.

I'd be all for a FFA match of thumbs. I'm probably about at your level, so it'd be fun, we could fumble our way through.

We'll have to play online anyway. I'm away for the weekend but maybe next week sometime.

The Bronze division/league/ladder thing is kicking my ass. I have two wins, one of which I think came because of a disconnect or something. I feel like the people I'm playing go at the speed of light.

We'll have to play online anyway. I'm away for the weekend but maybe next week sometime.

The Bronze division/league/ladder thing is kicking my ass. I have two wins, one of which I think came because of a disconnect or something. I feel like the people I'm playing go at the speed of light.

Yeah, it amazes me how quickly my opponents develop. I won two games in Bronze, and have now lost the last four consecutive.

Today, PiratePoo taught me a lesson in Starcraft 2. Thanks, PiratePoo!

And I was referying it!

If anyone is interested in playing some games, just message me on Steam(if I don't reply I'm not at the computer) and almost certanly I'll be able to play a game or two.

BTW: Poo, Toblix did you fell that the second game(in one I also played) was very fast at times?

Edited by Sleepdance

Ah yes. 'Blix's Battlespaceshippyflightcruiser was impressive, though.

And very fast how, Sleepdance? I kind of felt like I was asleep at the wheel during the later half of our 2nd game. Completely forgot about probe building. I only realized at the last possible moment and then it was too late. xD

I'm sure this is old news for everyone else who uses the Internet, but it turns out forums that aren't this one are kind of lame. It's not that hard on the starcraft2.com forums to find an interesting thread but it gets me down going through all the smart-arse comments from "holier than thou" Internet gits.

Anyway. I have now won 9 games out of about 25 in 1v1. I feel like I am very slowly getting better, but I need to get those SCVs out in force.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong league. I'm in gold right now and I'm 9 wins and 20 losses lol.

You must have beaten 9 gold and silver players and lost to 20 diamond players!!

I'm regularly slightly favoured, only to be thoroughly thrashed. I'm not sure if I'm being inconsistent or not. The last guy against whom I was slightly favoured was Protoss, expanded crazy early and hit me with a Void Ray rush on one side and a Stalker rush on the other. Not efficient perhaps but blew the crap out of my base.

You must have beaten 9 gold and silver players and lost to 20 diamond players!!

I'm regularly slightly favoured, only to be thoroughly thrashed. I'm not sure if I'm being inconsistent or not. The last guy against whom I was slightly favoured was Protoss, expanded crazy early and hit me with a Void Ray rush on one side and a Stalker rush on the other. Not efficient perhaps but blew the crap out of my base.

Yupp, it seems like toss players do 2 things constantly. Either void, or cannon rush.

Yupp, it seems like toss players do 2 things constantly. Either void, or cannon rush.

As a Protoss player, I will cop to the occasional cannon rush. Mostly though, I just like trying different strategies since I really don't know what I am doing. Inevitably this leads to two outcomes. I either get slaughtered, or die a slow death by a thousand cuts.

As another Toss player, I'd rather not win than to cheese... Although proxy pylons in or near the enemies base are totally fair game to me. :grin:

I like my zealot/sentry/stalker mix up, as it has proven relatively flexible. I'm trying to incorporate other units into the mix depending on what the enemy is doing, but I do feel I need to be a lot more aggressive. Sometimes I hold back too much.

The other day, I played a ranked match against another Toss who tried to void rush me; noticed his almost empty base early and completely tore his shit up! best part in the match for me was when I took out 8 zealots with 3 stalkers and 2 sentries, without getting hit once. :grin:

As a Protoss player, I will cop to the occasional cannon rush. Mostly though, I just like trying different strategies since I really don't know what I am doing. Inevitably this leads to two outcomes. I either get slaughtered, or die a slow death by a thousand cuts.

To be honest I really don't mind getting cheesed like this. It makes me look up ways to counter it, ultimately making me a better player. But I don't usually go into a game with a solid plan or build order in mind, which could be a major flaw.

Isn't the point of these games that they have been honed and balanced to the point where nothing you can do can really be considered cheating?

That was a great game tonight. Toblix, Poo and his friend and me in free for all in which I surprisingly won. With the use of the tacticts “Attack when Pocket is attacking Toblix and then let them kill each other and weaken Poo and then rule everyone with the mothership.”

We should do it again.

Isn't the point of these games that they have been honed and balanced to the point where nothing you can do can really be considered cheating?

Yeah, I agree. The logic is, I suppose, that cheese will only take you so far. I'm still at an astonishingly low level but I can at least deal with some of the cheese tactics.