Sign in to follow this  
Armchair General

Worms reloaded

including Metallus and tabacco, who don't post around here much anymore but do exist, and would probably eat worms.

Man, worms are so delicious you guys :(

I'm flashing back to several years ago when I made my own audio pack for Worms Armageddon out of Domino Hurley* sound bytes. Loads of classic matches occurred with Jake, Thrik, Dogman/Huz, et al. I wonder if I still have those files lying around somewhere, or if my hands remember how to ninja rope on a keyboard.

Very excited for this game. :tup:

* Domino Hurley is one of the primary antagonists of Grim Fandango, a computer game you should have played.

Alright. Pick. Dibs first, heads or tails.

Edit:

I flipped a coin. Illeria watched me do it (rawr). Both of us know the outcome so now all you have to do is to pick. :D

Hurry up already!! :grin:

I've been on the fence about this one for awhile. I really want it, but I got so many other games to play, haha. I started playing worms during the Worms 2 period, then moved on the Armageddon - I love me some Ninja Rope!

Speaking of which, does this really add anything, or is just a re-make, better-multiplayer version of Armageddon? Not that, that would be bad.

Hurry up already!! :grin:

Yup, I can definitely confirm that there may or may not have been a coin flipped, and that the result of that coin flip happened to be either heads or tails.

And my esteemed colleague, can you clarify as to what side of the coin has proven lucky for our wonderful contestants?

edit: IT WAS FUCKING HEADS. CONGRATULATIONS, DIBS. OR SOMETHING.

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

America, fuck ya!

i'm trying to find that clip of woody allen as a beauty queen to express my joy, but i can't

So is there going to be a reasonably large thumbs contingent playing this game? If I'm going to get the $2 preorder discount, it has to be before tomorrow afternoon as I'm going out of province and won't be back until after release. Would it be worth it, or should I wait for a sale to get my worms on?

I've preordered it, at least, and aim to kill every last one of you.

So is there going to be a reasonably large thumbs contingent playing this game? If I'm going to get the $2 preorder discount, it has to be before tomorrow afternoon as I'm going out of province and won't be back until after release. Would it be worth it, or should I wait for a sale to get my worms on?

Well I just ordered it.

Alright, done. Wasn't sure if I'd do it without the 4-pack or not, but nuts to it. I'm in.

Alright, done. Wasn't sure if I'd do it without the 4-pack or not, but nuts to it. I'm in.

I was going to suggest starting another group, but I decided it was probably a bit late in the day for that kind of business, and that there was a good chance I'd forget about it if I didn't order it there and then.

totally forgot to read the tec specs on it. my clockwork computer bearly runs it:D

Getting no music (and the voice is chopy) and I must say the menu doesn't make sense to me. Bad interface designer! Bad interface designer!

Sweet, didn't realise it was out. When are we playing. I'm free most (random) evening GMT.

Ooh, excellent, the release date snuck up on me as well! I'm gonna have to install this when I get home. I'll probably be trying to squeeze in time to play this very soon, so hit me up on Steam if you see me, thumb-types :tup:

(Might be limited to playing on weekends for the near future :tmeh:)

Oh man, a few BIG annoyances with this game, but multiplayer so far has been full of laughs. It's still really fun.

The best moments are often still the ones where you completely sabotage yourself by achieving the opposite of what you wanted. xD

There is something about Patters that... Makes me want to crush him to a pulp.

Haha, yeah. And then there's the space bar/enter key confusion. Try to jump with the space bar and you fire the bazooka with 1% strength.

I got the sound working by updating directx, I hope that can help someone

But don't all Steam games update DirectX on install? At least, they say they're installing it, which I find weird, because pre-Steam what would generally happen was that the installer would reach the DirectX-installing bit, then tell me I had a newer version anyway and skip to the next bit (completion, usually).

I don't know, weird.

But don't all Steam games update DirectX on install? At least, they say they're installing it, which I find weird, because pre-Steam what would generally happen was that the installer would reach the DirectX-installing bit, then tell me I had a newer version anyway and skip to the next bit (completion, usually).

I don't know, weird.

I think whether or not the game updates DirectX is up to the setup code of each particular game. For example, some Steam games install PhysX drivers.

There is something about Patters that... Makes me want to crush him to a pulp.

I use dick tactics in Worms, always have.

Other than the UI and voice chat the game is still great.