Asembo

Minecraft

... any news on when they are going to release this?

No, they haven't said when. All these snapshots are for the version 1.3 update. The SP/MP merger is what is holding things up. They are currently trying to smooth out many of the issues which have been plaguing multiplayer servers since the dawn of minecraft (glitchy TNT, laggy boats, mobs pushing each other through walls...). Now that single player games run off of a locally hosted server, all the horrible glitchyness of multiplayer minecraft has been brought to the single player community, and they aren't happy about the change. They have already made huge progress, but it still isn't as solid as single player though. Will it ever be, probably not. I'm hoping for some comfortable middle ground, where multiplayer is significantly improved by the new changes, and single player has to deal with a few new (multiplayer inherited) issues, but gain the ability to invite friends into their single player worlds.

Snapshot 12w22a is out. http://www.mojang.co...apshot-week-22/

Villager Trading.

Villagers may now require multiple different items (usually emeralds + something else) for a trade. This works well with the fact that Priests (purple villagers) will "enchant" items for you e.g. trade some emeralds + iron pickaxe for a low level enchanted iron pickaxe. Also Emeralds can now be crafted into decorative Emerald Blocks. Works well as compact storage for all your emeralds.

Echanting.

New max level for enchanting is 30 (down from 50). Max level enchants (30) are now more likely to provide multiple enchants. Doing random stuff gives players experience now.. using furnaces, mining "rare" ores (anything rarer than gold it seems). No doubt so the peaceful playesr can get their enchanting on.

Jungle Temples.

Made of cobble and vines, these temples have a chance of generating in jungles. A few chests in there, one behind a lever activated piston door, and a few tripwire activated arrow dispensors for the authentic Indiana Jones experience.

Tripwires.

Players can now craft tripwire hooks, and run string from one to the other (max length 18). String can float through the air. Crossing through the string blocks will cause a redstone current at both hooks.

Adventure Mode.

Players can now play in adventure mode (/gamemode 2). This is for community made adventure maps. In adventure mode players can't break/place blocks, but can open doors, operate levers/buttons, and eat like normal players.

Cute shit.

Cauldrons caught in the rain will slowly fill with water.

Rain will now drip through tree leaves.

Nether portals will (rarely) spawn zombie pigmen in the overworld. That portal to hell in the basement wasn't such a good idea after all. Let the invasion begin!

Correction... In the Enchanting UI. The cost of the 3rd (bottom) enchant will always be the allowed max strength for that enchanting table (depends on how many bookshelves you have around it - again the new max is 30). Finally. No more refreshing the window for 5 minutes looking for a 45-50 enchant !!

Anything that makes it easier to get Bane of Athropods is a welcome improvement.

Mojang should probably learn to use Nagios. "Because the server guy is asleep" is a terrible reason for 4 hours of downtime where no players can login.

Mojang should probably learn to use Nagios. "Because the server guy is asleep" is a terrible reason for 4 hours of downtime where no players can login.

Agreed. Also 30 million customers and 1 server guy seems a bit off.

Agreed. Also 30 million customers and 1 server guy seems a bit off.

One server guy is fine if your service is simple. But you need to cover that service with monitoring so that that one guy gets paged when things break in the middle of the night. And the tools to do that are free, so...

New snapshot for this week is a bit underwhelming.

Apparently they had a national holiday.

Mostly just bug fixes. Here are the bigger bullet points.

- Adjusted xp curve.

- Reduced xp earned from mining by two thirds.

- Boats control better, and go faster.

- Arrows now trigger tripwires, and wooden pressure plates.

... and a bunch of other small fixes.

Jeb also stated that they are now preparing to release the 1.3 update,

and that bug/performance fixes will be norm until then.

So 1.3... coming soon. :clap:

http://www.mojang.com/2012/06/minecraft-snapshot-week-23/

awesome... does the world need a reroll for awesomeness?

Nope. No real reason to re-roll. Though if we do want to stake out new land, I recommend we go with the suggestion of moving the spawn point and just generating new terrain in the world created for the 7th epoc. Then we could have warp points between epochs.

I feel like we've got a lot of space within the 7th to just continue building at that area though. Also we've created a pretty nice village for the new trading.

ALSO MY PIT IS SO CLOSE TO FINISHED NOW AND THEN WE CAN ACTUALLY BUILD IN IT

DON'T YOU DARE REROLL

yessssssss

now for the fun part?

now for the fun part?

I expect at least one recreation of the end of Goldeneye.

New snapshot 12w27a is out. Some good stuff, most notably "Boats now drop the boat item when destroyed." as well as "Signs are stackable up to 16." HALLELUJAH.

I'm amazed it took this long for those two changes.

I haven't been playing Minecraft lately. I think I'm going to wait until there's a version of the Technic pack for 1.2.5 before I start a new world.

I'm amazed it took this long for those two changes.

I haven't been playing Minecraft lately. I think I'm going to wait until there's a version of the Technic pack for 1.2.5 before I start a new world.

You might be waiting for a while. The current version (1.2.5) has been out for a long time, and many mod developers have suspended updating thier mods until the official mod API is released. If it's not out yet, that is probably the case for Technic. The mod API was bumped to 1.4 much to our collective chagrin... no idea when that will be out, but can't be soon since 1.3 hits August 1st.

Was the live stream sexy and successful?