Asembo

Minecraft

The seed TestCraft is pretty great, just throwing that out there.

"Anachronox" has an awesome start, but so far I haven't found a place where I want to build my home :/

Well, that was weird. I guess I finished Minecraft. Everyone probably knows what the end is but just in case I'll add spoiler tags.

There was no music in the end. At least from the moment of stepping through the end portal and forward there wasn't. The dragon didn't really hurt me, it just kept nudging me a bit. The first time I saw it it did hurt me, but it was probably from the fall. I suspect the nudging and the no music was a bug, but maybe it's just unfinished. I had brought plenty of arrows but still ran out and had to wait for it to get close several times to kill it with a sword. The story/dialogue before the credits was kind of awkward.

Overall, the ending feels kind of tacked on, but maybe this was just the first iteration of the adventure mode? Haven't been keeping up with what they have planned.

Do they do anything, like gather their own resources or make chests and fill them with stuff?
They're obsessed with doors, and buildings with a roof. It seems they're willing to inhabit any room with a door, as long as it's within range. And they'll attempt to repopulate to fill a village. The algorithm to determine what the population should be seems to be "number of doors" / 3. I'm not sure if they tend the wheat fields on their own, but it seems so.

Also, zombies now try to kill them, and will bust down doors to get inside. So at a certain population they'll generate iron golems to protect the town. Which have been known to pick up flowers and give them to testificate children.

Yeah it could have been. Though I'd like to believe they could fill chests.

"Phaedrus" seems to be an ok seed as well. Starts near a broken village. Your mission is to make the village prosper and then go over the big mountain and build a wizards tower on that phallic smaller mountain. Didn't explore very far but there's some jungle and lakes as well.

I finished my most complex redstone thing yet -- a fast piston elevator into the side of the mountain in the Phaedrus world.

MKFQ4qx7gUo

That elevator was awesome! i never really used redstone at all, especially online where it can bug out sometimes :getmecoat

Just to warn you, there may be extended periods of me asking stupid redstone questions on the next few days. Never touched the stuff before.

That elevator is extremely impressive. I've never tried to make one, but I can only assume you use a vertical shaft of redstone torches which each feed into an inverted or non-inverted redstone wire which then activates whatever the actual elevator is made of. I feel like that's the only way it could be so fast, right?

I used this design (exactly)

cqkF6Ax-Pr4

Tutorial:

Zn9BKGUozt8

Sadly, it's only one-way ;(

Minecraft (PC) is about to hit 6M sold.

29,848,400 registered users, of which 5,996,620 (20.09%) have bought the game.

http://www.minecraft.net/stats

Also.. The latest snapshot (12w21a) introduces some new stuff.

http://www.mojang.co...apshot-week-21/

• Emeralds added as a currency item.
  • Villagers will now trade items with the player.
  • NPC Villages in the desert are now made of sandstone.
  • New sandstone Pyramid Temples now occasionally spawn in deserts.
  • Dispensers can now place/pick-up a source block if it has a Water/Lava/Empty bucket inside.
  • Ender Chests added. All Ender Chests in the world share the same inventory slots.
  • Sandstone Stairs added.
  • Stars are smaller, and brighter.

Warning: Snapshots are buggy, and have been known to corrupt world files, so back up your shit if you decide to try it out.

The biggest new feature is trading with villagers. You can trade with villagers for the new emeralds, or mine it at low levels. They are 80% rarer than diamonds, so probably easier to trade for them. Villagers buy, or sell job appropriate items: Butcher = Meat, Smith = Tools, Farmer = Food items, etc. You can trade for a huge variety of items, like diamond tools, even nether mats like Glowstone. All villagers start with only 1 item for trade, but each time you trade, they will expand their list of available items. Time to start my villager ranch.

The most interesting new thing for me are the Ender Chests. Debatable about how useful they will be in SMP when only a small chest worth of space is available to everybody on the server. Still it will be a very handy way to move items around without having to journey cross country to hand deliver them. Player A requests item X. Player B places item X in an Ender Chest. Player A drops an Ender Chest, opens it, and retreives item X. So simple. Very cool.

The new sandstone pyramid temples feature a hidden treasure room with 4 small chests bellow the blue wool block on the ground floor. The room has a pressure plate in the middle, which triggers a 3x3 pack of TNT underneath. Watch your step.

But where will we get the ender pearls to make ender chests????

But where will we get the ender pearls to make ender chests????

Sadly the ender chest pattern is like a normal chest but with obsidian instead of planks, and a single eye of ender in the middle.

Not an ender pearl heavy recipe. The cool thing is that the chest emits a bit of light, and purple enderman particles. Sparkly!

Isn't there something now where you can write messages in books? We could send ender-mail

Isn't there something now where you can write messages in books? We could send ender-mail

The editable books were introduced in the previous snapshot along with harvestable cocoa bead pods, and the first steps at the SP-MP merger. That was two weeks ago, no weekly snapshot last week due to a holiday.

Overall 1.3 is looking to be one of the the biggest updates yet. The SP-MP merger is by far the biggest thing I'm looking forward to.

Once complete PC players will be able to invite other players into their single player (server) worlds like in Pocket Edition, and 360.

Ender Chests added. All Ender Chests in the world share the same inventory slots.

Oh man, I've been waiting for a feature like that for SO LONG.

Will this spell the end of the HomebarrelTM?

Yay! Sandstone stairs! Is there any news on when they are going to release this?