Asembo

Minecraft

It Creative mode I guess? The Survival mode is still coming in the future.

* Randomized worlds

* Build anything you can imagine

* Build with 36 different kinds of blocks

* Invite and play with friends to your world (local wireless network)

* Save multi-player worlds on your own phone

Quite expensive, but of course you get all the updates in the future. I'm just playing around with the demo version. Maybe someday I could buy the full version when this gets more advanced.

Still really great that it works even on lower end phones like mine.

Notch should copy the joystick from games like Tank Hero and not use the current controlling functions. the jump button is a bit tricky though.

Nice. But I don't think it's a right fit for Minecraft's retro-style.

Great dialogue... "Farmer: Here, take a bread!"

Looks awesome, though.

There's a lot of bad English like that in this mod, but a lot of mod makers seem to be from Europe and Japan and not all of them have the best grasp on English.

Almost makes me want to email all these mod makers and offer to fix their English. I think i'd enjoy it and everyone would benefit from it, problem is of course that nobody would actually let you do it.

There's a lot of bad English like that in this mod, but a lot of mod makers seem to be from Europe and Japan and not all of them have the best grasp on English.

Almost makes me want to email all these mod makers and offer to fix their English. I think i'd enjoy it and everyone would benefit from it, problem is of course that nobody would actually let you do it.

You can always try.

Now, I haven't played a single MineCraft mod so who am I to say, but this seems really uninteresting to me. Why cram all this generic RPG stuff into MineCraft, it seems like it would be better as a separate game. But who am I to say, this might appeal to a lot of people.

On one hand, the world needs more randomly generated content... on the other, this indeed seems to go against the primary thrust of the game, which is mining and building things. The mod basically encourages you not to build anything in your own city, which defeats the purpose of the game in a major way. It is a neat idea tho. A little misguided.

I wonder how this could be done well.

that guy talks as if there is no such thing as punctuation

Also as if kittens are constantly doing cute things in front of him.

On one hand, the world needs more randomly generated content... on the other, this indeed seems to go against the primary thrust of the game, which is mining and building things. The mod basically encourages you not to build anything in your own city, which defeats the purpose of the game in a major way. It is a neat idea tho. A little misguided.

I wonder how this could be done well.

I agree it would be super-awesome if they could marry Minecraft's intentions with a single player game, but the way I look at it, this mod IS a separate game... It just uses the Minecraft engine. Sort of like if someone made a sports game out of the HalfLife 2 engine... It goes completely against the original intentions of the game, but is still a valid mod.

Aargh. Started a new world and messed around for hours. Then went on a map-filling and feather gathering mission (so I could have more arrows for Nether), fell to my death in the middle of a jungle. It was impossible to find all my stuff again, lost all arrows and feathers and the almost filled map. Think I'm done with the game for a while. There needs to be something to counter this shit for me to keep playing it.

I started playing again today, single player survival. Took me a while to get a world I was ok with.

This jungle stuff is insane, also eating... things have really changed since IdleMC went dark.

I wish we could restart IdleMC, in survival mode, without unlimited resources

Aargh. Started a new world and messed around for hours. Then went on a map-filling and feather gathering mission (so I could have more arrows for Nether), fell to my death in the middle of a jungle. It was impossible to find all my stuff again, lost all arrows and feathers and the almost filled map. Think I'm done with the game for a while. There needs to be something to counter this shit for me to keep playing it.

That sucks. I'm surprised there isn't anything in the game to combat that. I know some people liked it diehardz, but a lot of us are looking for fun.

I started playing again today, single player survival. Took me a while to get a world I was ok with.

This jungle stuff is insane, also eating... things have really changed since IdleMC went dark.

I wish we could restart IdleMC, in survival mode, without unlimited resources

Me too. I can't enjoy single player mode anymore since IdleMC.

I still think it would be a rad idea to do an as-dense-as-possible, as-vertical-as-possible, reasonably safe city with dangerous frontier outside. Now that the world height has been doubled, this can be super rad. That said, I dunno if I have the time to dedicate to it, or if anyone else cares to, so mootness all around. :fart:

That sucks. I'm surprised there isn't anything in the game to combat that. I know some people liked it diehardz, but a lot of us are looking for fun.

Actually I continued anyway -- found some nether fortresses and a stronghold and messed about for three or four hours trying to get the nether portals right to fast travel between my main home and the stronghold. Now I'm more than half way there to opening the end portal, just need to find more pearl-dropping endermen.

I'm also still playing another world occasionally with my neighbour's 6-year old kid, but in that case it's more like he tells me what he wants to do and then watches as I do it. And he doesn't have enough patience to build something big, so we just explore and build small houses and stuff.

The seed TestCraft is pretty great, just throwing that out there.

I still think it would be a rad idea to do an as-dense-as-possible, as-vertical-as-possible, reasonably safe city with dangerous frontier outside. Now that the world height has been doubled, this can be super rad. That said, I dunno if I have the time to dedicate to it, or if anyone else cares to, so mootness all around. :fart:

That would be awesome. Don't know if anyone remembers my office building in New Haven, but I love building skyscrapers.

I always wanted really dense cities, but everyone always ran off immediately.

That was my goal with the last epoch, but it didn't work there either.

I think the new testificate behaviour may make cities more interesting. You can basically build up areas with rooms that the AI will spawn children to fill itself. So if you start at a villiage and migrate them somewhere, you can feel like you're creating something that isn't just an empty shell.

Also, I'm really up for a SMP survival server. I think we may set one up at work, but we're trying to sort out a machine.