Asembo

Minecraft

I'd be interested in a Thumbs chainworld, actually. . .
Perhaps if tabbacco has to shut down idlemc due to lack of funds.

I would be up for it even now, if we had enough participants.

I'm not sure how well it would work, to be honest, but I'm up for trying it out.

I don't really think that I enjoy building things enough to make that a fun thing to do, presuming I have the right end of the stick.

On a different note to save me the trouble later: haven't found all that many new things in 1.8 as of yet, although I've only played it for five in-game days. However, i did encounter some endermen, had to deal with the hunger mechanic, and forced myself to not eat the rotting meat. The promise of new things makes me want to keep playing, and keep playing I shall.

I'm about to give up hope that minecraft will become a really interesting single player game.

One of the reasons is the above mentioned loss of survival aspect after a short time, due to abundant resources. Another is that the view distance really hampers the exploration aspect, and I'm guessing it won't get any better, at least while Minecraft runs on Java.

And some might argue, but while the game became easier with health regen, the random creeper deaths are still fucking annoying, as they can set you back tens of minutes or hours.

Actually, I just lost all my stuff to a spider I was trying to run from, and when I went back my stuff wasn't there. It seems rather random whether your stuff remains after you are dead or not if you died far from spawn.

I'm about to give up hope that minecraft will become a really interesting single player game.

Yeah thats kind of my problem with it as a hole, I need a bit more direction. But the new update has produced some pretty interesting places, it's not like it'll be a 30 hour game for me, but I had fun exploring for 40 minutes or so. I'd probably keep doing it 10 minutes at a time, but it keeps crashing out of memory on me... I have no idea why.

Yeah thats kind of my problem with it as a hole, I need a bit more direction. But the new update has produced some pretty interesting places, it's not like it'll be a 30 hour game for me, but I had fun exploring for 40 minutes or so.

Yeah, not arguing against that, I've played for 6+ hours and the new world generation is really cool. I may keep playing on and off for a little while until the next update.

I actually haven't played 1.8 at all yet because I'm waiting for my server to update, and it won't update until Bukkit updates. Arghh.

Well I'm about done with my 1.8 world. It's got a lot of unexplored underworld and I did start out as robinson cruesoe.

You want to take over Orvidos?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4721261/idle_chain_rev1.zip

Sure. I've got a game of Europa Universalis to clear up today (3 mega-powers left, but only 20 years to go, so it shouldn't be overly long) but I'll take a look after that.

E: Neat little island. Going to expand on your signs idea and then stop cheesing night-time with the bed and go exploring.

Edited by Orvidos

That's the problem with minecraft survival. Too quickly you ramp out of that awesome feeling of being helpless to being filthy rich. I need to find another way to play it.

On one map I've been playing with a couple of nethack-style "conducts": I'm a vegetarian who's afraid to go underground.

On one map I've been playing with a couple of nethack-style "conducts": I'm a vegetarian who's afraid to go underground.

Well the thing with chainworlds is you either play it until you're bored, or you die. This necessitates playing on at least Normal, so it's very possible you'll just fall into lava one day, or be creeper ambushed. It's out of your hands, then.

I had planned to update, but I'm waiting for Craftbukkit to promote a stable build. Though if people are no longer interested, I'd prefer to know now before I lay out the effort and money.

I'm waiting for IdleMC 1.8.

We're going to reroll right? The new world generation is awesome.

I'm interested, but it depends on the rules you guys work with. I find pure creative servers (spawning, etc.) to be pretty boring. Also how many people typically play on the server?

Yeah I'm still interested, I was just saying that if we lose the server we could still do things like chainworlds for some sort of interactive play.

The abandoned mines are pretty scary. Huge and much more dangerous than simple caves. The one I found earlier seems to extend to under my lighthouse.

The abandoned mines are pretty scary. Huge and much more dangerous than simple caves. The one I found earlier seems to extend to under my lighthouse.

I finally found a villiage in my 2 minutes between crashes gameplay. *that* was scary... why the fuck is there a town in the middle of a desert and no one here? It's creepy as hell... then night came and I had to stay inside one of these haunted death traps.

Been playing that world a little bit every now and then and man, the underground "complex" in this world is more huge than anything I've seen before in Minecraft. First, there is either one set of mines or two sets close by, underground ravines, and huge huge cave systems with some really big caves. And it's all connected and conveniently accessible from under my lighthouse.

Soooo, I tried yesterday the Pocket Edition from Android Market and it really works without any problems on my Huawei X5 Ideos!

May be optimized for Xperia Play, but still works really nicely and smoothly. Not much to do in the demo version though...

Soooo, I tried yesterday the Pocket Edition from Android Market and it really works without any problems on my Huawei X5 Ideos!

May be optimized for Xperia Play, but still works really nicely and smoothly. Not much to do in the demo version though...

Is it basically the Minecraft Classic version or something else? If it's Classic seems rather pointless to put that out. Not much to do there indeed.