Asembo

Minecraft

So portal logic is pretty awesome.

Each chunk of overland has a specific "exit" in Hell. (The Nether, whatever) You can place any number of portals you like in a overland chunk, they will all come out of the same portal.

By the same dint, every portal in a 16 block radius in Hell, will always come out of the same chunk in the overland.

Now you are thinking with portals. * Du-ding!*

I set the forest on fire to celebrate my math and science classes finally being useful.

Flaming hellfort! Portals in the background.

Flaminghellhouse.jpg

Edited by Orvidos

man, nighttime is NO JOKE this time around. if i step outside my door, i can count 15-20 creatures milling around. I built a "fire moat" out of those nether-blocks that burn forever, which works like a charm, nothing gets to my house.

I'm trying to devise a "monster vending machine" so that I can pick up all the crap they drop after burning to death...

I have played the new update for around an hour..I'm not sure I like it. There are a lot more enemies at night, which makes moving about in the dark very difficult. So you either sit and wait the night out (boring) or venture out for more mining and invariably get killed (cue tedious re-kitting).

If I get killed again by another silent creeper....:(:(:(:(

The slipworld gates are interesting, but I would have much preferred to have had the 'programming time' spent on refining the game rather than new content in this way.

I think that the combat is way too clunky to handle so many enemies. It could be improved by being able to retrieve your stuff posthumously but it always seems to disappear.

I am left disappointed, maybe it will grow on me, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think that the combat is way too clunky to handle so many enemies. It could be improved by being able to retrieve your stuff posthumously but it always seems to disappear.

I am left disappointed, maybe it will grow on me, but I'm not holding my breath.

THIS. My inventory used to stay scattered where I die, but no more. Also, monsters keep appearing VERY frequently in areas of my mines that were previously safe (and well lit).

I've lost several full inventories during a couple of hours played, I kind of don't want to go mining for tens of more iron just to get another 20 minutes of gameplay.

The inventory loss on death is a bug! But let's just pretend it's extra difficulty for halloween!

at least it's not a feature

That thing actually uses the bridge mod. I can't wait until the bridge mod is polished up and integrated into the game. As it is, it is a bit confusing and weird and not in any way obvious (what with the fake chest and the on and off positions and materials indexes and whatnot—there has to be a way to make these things learnable from the world somehow).

GSdOqlIYVIU

Wow, I didn't know redstone can trigger water. Now I can make an obsidian factory. I think.

[edit]oh, so it's only with the bridge mod..

Edited by Erkki

That's absolutively awesome, specially the world damage after the creeper explosion

Seriously, absolutely amazing.

Water when up my nose when I watched the second one last night. I absentmindedly clicked the link from somewhere and didn't bother to read the title and was like "what" and then "WHAT".

Ahhh, good story.

Yeah, amazing videos.

I haven't palyed Minecraft for a while now, but the bed update might bring me back to it.

[edit] Or rather, the second bed update, which is supposed to come in a month? Which makes you respawn near your last bed after you die.

I like how two amazing fan-videos came out at the same time.

movable spawn point incoming :tup::clap:

Fetch your pyjamas, a glass of milk, and Teddy. Next Tuesday sees a new update for Minecraft, and Rock, Paper, Shotgun can exclusively reveal it will contain… beds! At last you can rest your weary cuboid legs and snooze the nights away. When it first appears next week, building yourself a bed will mean you can skip night times by taking a nap, and jump up to catch the dawn, ready to continue your daylight explorations. That’s phase one.

Phase two will have a larger impact on how you play. Some time next month another update will appear that means the last bed you slept in will be your new respawn point.

I don't know how many of you have heard of The Dead Workers Party, but they used to do a pretty hilarious TF2 podcast that, well, it was interesting, how it ended. I really enjoyed that and was very sad when it ended (even if the ending episode is hilarious), but they've moved on. . .to MineCraft.

The Shaft is their new MineCraft podcast, and I'd recommend a listen. Hell, if you feel like being a madman, listen to it while you play MineCraft. I know I do.

/advertising firm

Seriously, give it a listen. I'd recommend skipping the first episode, as it's really more of a "What R MineCraft" discussion than "What I did in MineCraft today" but if you want to listen to the guys take turns describing MineCraft one sentence at a time, it's pretty awesome.

Edited by Orvidos

Also said in the same article that it's coming to Android. Lets see if it will work on the lower end models like ZTE Blade. I hope so, would be cool to try it out, but I'm guessing this one needs more horsepower under the hood.

And the guy making the ports, Aron Nieminen seems to be a guy with Finnish family history, based on the last name. That's cool. :tup: