Asembo

Minecraft

Prepare for some serious nightmares:

minecraft.jpg

:tup:

This just might be the most important indie game ever made.

I only occaisonally dipped my toes in over the last few weeks until last night when I got past the point where the draw of bed overpowers the draw of game. Just stayed up all night playing, that's been a long time...

I love that minecraft keeps changing. The torch update will work really well I reckon, just as long as all existing torches do NOT automatically get turned into lanterns. I like the idea of having to head back down through the cave systems you thought were yours to reclaim them.

Portals to hell ooh yeah.

And I read somewhere that RIDEABLE DRAGONS will be in minecraft.

:earl::knoweverything::tommy:

Oh, Jesus. There's a metric shit-ton of tunnels right under my home I'll need to fix up with lanterns. Perhaps I'll just spend this month scouring them for everything valuable, then seal them up.

if we start a new one, is there a way we can export our current stuffs and then import it into a new map with an editor?

I never expected Minecraft to be THIS awesome. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to make a tunnel made out of glass under the lake near my fortress.

This game is way more fun if you pretend you're one of the dwarves from Dwarf Fortress. I can't wait until Notch patches in Alcohol.

I never expected Minecraft to be THIS awesome. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to make a tunnel made out of glass under the lake near my fortress.

This game is way more fun if you pretend you're one of the dwarves from Dwarf Fortress. I can't wait until Notch patches in Alcohol.

Why patch it in, drink it in real life.

You're never allowed above ground. Bloody elf.

/grumble

Why patch it in, drink it in real life.
I'd rather not have another seizure, so no thank you. Video Game boozing is where it stays for me. :yep:

I can't pretend I'm happy about the upcoming lantern patch, though.

I'd rather not have another seizure, so no thank you. Video Game boozing is where it stays for me. :yep:

I can't pretend I'm happy about the upcoming lantern patch, though.

Sucks to be you. Alcohol in games is always awfully implemented.

Sucks to be you. Alcohol in games is always awfully implemented.

World of Warcraft lets you get drunk. Your vision gets blurry, you can't walk straight and if you drink too much you throw up. You even talk badly in chat.

I think that's pretty good.

World of Warcraft lets you get drunk. Your vision gets blurry, you can't walk straight and if you drink too much you throw up. You even talk badly in chat.

also, mobs loose levels so it looks like an easier fight:D

Reminds me of this.

That's awesome. I've always liked the idea of developing an addon but I really don't know what it would be.

also, mobs loose levels so it looks like an easier fight:D

Wow, I never knew that. Hilarious!

Nope, you can't simulate being drunk, games just do what you said. Which is a terrible interpretation of being drunk, it doesn't count for the inhibited judgement or other subtleties.

Maybe if there was some sort of complex interaction, like building things or picking items from the inventory that also went haywire so your dude would be putting blocks or breaking them somewhat randomly as you scanned around the world. Or, if this was that kind of game, if during a conversation, you picked an option that sounded guarded and nuanced, but when the drunken character delivers it, it goes way too far?

The best 'drunk' experience in a game (even though I have little point of reference, I've never been drunk in my life) has to be GTA4. The staggered walking, the pulling close to your equally drunk drinking partner, toppling over eachother constantly, getting nowhere. That hilarious frustration of inability to do anything. Random shouting on the ngihtly streets. Beauty.

The best 'drunk' experience in a game (even though I have little point of reference, I've never been drunk in my life) has to be GTA4. The staggered walking, the pulling close to your equally drunk drinking partner, toppling over eachother constantly, getting nowhere. That hilarious frustration of inability to do anything. Random shouting on the ngihtly streets. Beauty.

It's brilliant, except that it doesn't work in multiplayer! That would be hilarious. :(

Anyway, speaking of drunk, someone thought this was a good idea...

U7ICu5empps

Shark officially jumped imo. :hah:

The Minecraft soundtrack can be found through here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29387

Not sure about legality, but I'm guessing it's okay since the thread has stayed up on the Minecraft forums for a month. The musician also tends to put stuff up for free here:

http://c418.org/

Anyone know how it's triggered in the game? It seems to be infrequent; I wondered if it was when the sun and moon are at their zeniths but haven't made time to test it yet.

I thought it was random, the music trigger. A lot of this stuff reminds me of the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

What do you mean?

That L4D2 mod/reskin/whatever has merely been done for the sake of it, not because it actually produces anything of genuine value (at least to my mind).

I can't imagine it being anything more than maybe 30 seconds of "oh cool!" dorking about for people who've played either, before you realise L4D was never going to work convincingly in a blocky, cramped environment. Nor Minecraft, were it to feature machine guns and hordes of coordinated swarming undead.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should," as the saying goes.

Ok, but it is a completely throwaway thing. They did it, it may have been neat for a demo or two. Jumping the shark to me implies a kind of creative bankruptcy and death of whatever it was that jumped the said shark. I don't think someone who made a silly mod can, technically thrust jump-a-sharkiness upon whatever the source game(s) may be.

Yeah, it's not like Valve made it. They're just shark jump enablers. I am getting a little tired of mods which are just "Unexpected things in Left 4 Dead", but that goes for most if not all of the mashups that poke all our hipster reflexes in general, regardless of medium.

This made me laugh a lot just now though. Maybe it's a coincidence and he really was building in rows rather than columns, but either way it's pretty good.

Years ago I made a mod for UT2003 (I think), it was Capture The Beer. Instead of a flag you had to capture a crate of beer. While carrying it you would consume it's a bottle once in a while (final score was the number of bottles left). The more you consumed, the more drunk you became. You didn't get blurry vision. The only thing it did was mess with your mouse input, so aiming and walking became quite difficult. The last version I made (and never released) smoothed it out a bit. Moving fast in one direction would gain extra momentum, and could even result in falling down. I think it was quite realistic (the motion anyway). I did quite some research on that ;)

About the music.... I never heard any music in the game. Just the record you could play.

Found a really cool cave system in single player. It looks different from the ones I've found before. Almost as if someone has already been digging there and used it as home. This game has truly amazing generation algorithms.