Asembo

Minecraft

After calming down a bit, I returned to the game and started a proper mining operation with stairs everywhere. After a while, though, fucking lava came up through my hole. Does this mean I've reached the bottom of the world, and can start making sweet lava shit?

Also, as long as I keep plenty of torches around my cave, and keep the doors closed, no monsters can come, right?

I have found lava way up above sea level so it's not an indication of the bottom of the world. Actually you can fall off the bottom and die, in space.

I think doors and torches keep the monsters out, yes. My caves have so many exists though that I haven't even bothered with doors everywhere (maybe I should)

ffs... I've had it with this game, I suck at this. Don't these enemies ever die!?

also... the lack of a goal is kind of bothering me

ffs... I've had it with this game, I suck at this. Don't these enemies ever die!?

also... the lack of a goal is kind of bothering me

I've had plenty of goals. Creating a skybridge joining my two mines together so I dont have to go outside. Creating a giant cavern at the bottom of my mine that makes me feel accomplished. Having enough coal where I feel I can create some glass without feeling as though I'm wasting precious resources. Finding a treasure chest/spawn point (which I just recently did! I found a saddle!!).

Just because the game isn't telling you what to do doesn't mean there aren't goals. It just means you aren't either OCD or creative enough to make your own goals.

What are those green jawbreaker-looking things you have in one of the chests? Also, one can grow the papyrus or whatever that shit is?

Thats what you get from killing the slime monsters.

I haven't actually encountered any of those dudes.

I've never encountered those slime monsters you speak of. And I explored many caves. How odd.

They are a serious pain in the rear. They multiply when you kill one. You *have* to use a bow and arrow or you are pretty much f'd.

I keep meaning to engage Patters in some sort of Minecraftian discussion and/ find out what kind of bloke he is, but I always remember around an hour after he's off for the night.

Got some screens of our Valley of the Vietcong before the server reset because of the weekend griefers.

ValleyRight.jpg

VietcongValley-1.jpg

ValleyFromMeinTowar.jpg

UnderCastle.jpg

TheAmpitheatreByNight.jpg

TheMawFront.jpg

CastleInside.jpg

CastleFrontHigh.jpg

MSF2.jpg

Edited by Orvidos

What are those green jawbreaker-looking things you have in one of the chests? Also, one can grow the papyrus or whatever that shit is?

Those green jawbreaker things are indeed loot from slime monsters. There's one in one of the screenshots I believe.

You can grow reeds/ papyrus like you can grow cacti. Just place some at the waters edge and see it grow :) With papyrus you can make paper. which you can turn into books which you can turn into bookshelfs.

[edit]

And in case you guys don't check the multiplayer forums. we've got our own server now

Edited by ysbreker

I just had a huge many-hour adventure exploring a distant land across the ocean from my spawn point & stronghold. I explored many sweet caverns and gathered a huge amount of rare resources and crafted some cool items and having dug deeper than seas of lava, having reached the bottom of the world and filled my inventory to bursting, I decided to dig my way back up and head home to store all my sweet new stuff. Zen-like focus, digging a mineshaft upward, suddenly interrupted by a deluge of water sweeping me back down into the earth. Panicking, but seeing daylight above the water, I forced my way back up through the last stretch of the mineshaft and emerged into what I then realised was the bottom of the ocean, relieved, knowing I had plenty of air bubbles and seeing the hazy sun through the water, I knew I would make it. Only to discover that though I was continuing to swim upwards, I wasn't reaching the surface. Air bubbles nearly drained, it dawned on me that the surface of the ocean was covered in a layer of ice and that I had been merely pushing against it straining for the surface while my air ran out. In my last few moments of air i quickly switched to my pickaxe and tried to break the ice, too late! With the ice, cracked and ready to shatter, I finally ran out of air and died, my hard won collection of rare resources and items scattered across the bottom of the ocean somewhere, lost forever.

fuckin' Minecraft

I actually found diamonds for the first time last night; I nearly did a wee...

It started off with me coming back to a hillside that I'd started to carve a modest room out of at the weekend. Instead of continuing the room, I decided to start digging a huge mineshaft straight down.

After about 20 minutes of digging, I struck on a sudden gap and decided to explore it... and it turned out to be a massive underground cavern complex, filled with underground rivers, lava and loads of fantastic resources (including the aforementioned diamonds!).

3 hours later, I decided it was time to look for a way back to the surface and then quit for the night. Stumbling around in the relative dark - I'd long since run out of sticks for torches - I suddenly came across a massive vertical rock face, which seemed to have a little natural light shining on it from somewhere. But then it went really dark again. Getting my bearings, I noticed a dull glow beginning above me and watched this grow for a minute.

It's then I realised it was actually the sun, and, as it grew brighter, I discovered I was standing inside the base of a huge empty volcano! After spiral-tunnelling my way up around the edge of the volcanic shaft, I took a photo* looking down from the rim:

165299582.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1285073848&Signature=cS39yVX9RuRuzxBZ4%2FkiRwYoIJA%3D

This game seems to have an innate capacity for the wonderful.

* Note the diamond pickaxe in my inventory. :grin:

Those green jawbreaker things are indeed loot from slime monsters. There's one in one of the screenshots I believe.

Can you do anything with those?
You can grow reeds/ papyrus like you can grow cacti. Just place some at the waters edge and see it grow :) With papyrus you can make paper. which you can turn into books which you can turn into bookshelfs.

I didn't know you could grow cacti either. Actually I haven't seen cacti for quite some time. And as for papyrus, I've destroyed all papyrus that was close to my home to make those bookshelves that burned down. Awesome that it too can be grown tho.

Can you do anything with those?

Nope slimeballs are useless for now. According to the wiki at least.

All this talk is making me want to play the game, but apparently the site got "wanged" and I can only play some sort of demo version and my "craft grid" is 2X2 instead of 3X3, so I can't really do anything with it.... ;(

All this talk is making me want to play the game, but apparently the site got "wanged" and I can only play some sort of demo version and my "craft grid" is 2X2 instead of 3X3, so I can't really do anything with it.... ;(

If you download the game you can play the full one for free until it's fixed.

If you download the game you can play the full one for free until it's fixed.

Then it's normal for me to have 2X2 crafting grid at the beginning? How do I make it bigger? From the videos I've seen it's supposed to be 3X3?:erm:

Then it's normal for me to have 2X2 crafting grid at the beginning? How do I make it bigger? From the videos I've seen it's supposed to be 3X3?:erm:

From wood you can make the wooden blocks, fill all four slots in your grid and you'll make a crafting bench. The crafting bench is the only way to get a 3x3 grid.

From wood you can make the wooden blocks, fill all four slots in your grid and you'll make a crafting bench. The crafting bench is the only way to get a 3x3 grid.

Oh, thanks! The game is kinda intuitive and if you put things in a tool shape you usually get the tool, my only main issue is... I have no idea what each of these materials is... ;(

I have three different materials that look like rock, but only one can be used to make tools, I also have something that looks like coal, but I can't use it to make torch... :blink:

That thing that looks like coal is a flint. It gets pooped out by gravel. You know gravel because it falls down when it doesn't have support under it; all other blocks can float in mid air. Yellow stuff is sand. Blue-grayish stuff that looks like sand close to water is clay.

Oh, thanks! The game is kinda intuitive and if you put things in a tool shape you usually get the tool, my only main issue is... I have no idea what each of these materials is... ;(

I have three different materials that look like rock, but only one can be used to make tools, I also have something that looks like coal, but I can't use it to make torch... :blink:

The wiki is probablies the best place, coal is just a single stick with the coal ontop (you may be thinking that you have coal when it's actually flint)

Wood is obvious, and there is only two metals really. Iron (which can be found underground and looks like dirt with little pieces of orange in it) which can be turned into steel by putting it into the furnace, and Gold which is pretty much useless.

Rock is different, gravel (which goes away as quickly as dirt) is affected by gravity and is useless for making stuff, whereas most other rocks (except coal) can be used to craft because they're all the same.

Ah! Thanks! I'll try to figure out the furnace myself... Although I really hope they "free mode" ends soon, because I feel guilty playing this for free.. ;(

Just once more thing, do monsters appear pretty soon in the game? Or are they just underground where the good ore is?