Asembo

Minecraft

Found a deep pit with lava in the bottom. I think I'll do some research before going down there.

That is just the bottom of the world, I think. You can douse the lava down there and mine the obsidian if you have a diamond pick.

That is just the bottom of the world, I think. You can douse the lava down there and mine the obsidian if you have a diamond pick.

Better to use buckets and transport it! Why waste a pick!

I think if you douse the bottom-dwelling lava you get obsidian, if you take it elsewhere it will turn into regular cobblestone when wet.

I think if you douse the bottom-dwelling lava you get obsidian, if you take it elsewhere it will turn into regular cobblestone when wet.

Nope! Only running lava (as in the non-source lava) will turn into cobblestone.

I have essentially become the Vietcong in my server. I have a vast underground empire, all of which connects to my mini-Moria. A few minutes ago, I accidentally came up in someone's house. :getmecoat

But I think I'll leave it, because their floor is cobblestone and easy to replace whenever I feel like using that particular tunnel.

Okay, I just bought this so PayPal could get some more reserve. There are two different versions, and I can play it in my browser or offline? I don't get this – is this a multiplayer game?

The free version is kindof stupid and pointless: you have infinite bricks and nothing will attack you. The version you paid paypal for is the one you should be playing, that is the one with monsters and mining that has a point.

The multiplayer server has to be hosted somewhere by someone and is currently kindof buggy and unreliable. The single player version is the fun one, so far. I am looking forward to the funner multiplayer. Just get into it and start digging. :blink:

Both the browser and the download version use the same save data (provided you play on the same computer). It just depends on how you want to start up your game.

What the hell is up with the crafting system? Why are there patterns you have to remember?

You don't have to remember them. They are mostly intuitive little alchemical pictograms of whatever it is you're trying to put together.

Yeah, the recipes are intuitive enough, but I did consult the wiki on several occasions instead of figuring them out myself.

I've been digging chaotically in a mountain near my spawn point. It's so full of criss-crossing ways that I'm surprised I don't get lost in them but some of it is starting to feel like a home and I'm going to try to make it better looking, building proper stairs and so on.

I was thinking of also putting some minecart tracks somewhere if I can find enough iron. Can they go up and down too or only horizontally? Also, are they useful for actually transporting materials once I start building a castle or something?

They can go up and down too. If two adjacent track pieces are on different levels, the lower one will automatically become an incline. I haven't actually used the carts for anything but joyriding down to my glass-domed undersea garden.

The game world is much bigger than I thought. I read somewhere that it was 256x256 but I just dug a straight tunnel for what I estimate is about 500 blocks. I started close to my spawn which I assume to be in the center of the world. I dug, hardly coming across anything for that length, until the passage opened to a HUGE cave system at the other end. I had to run back after killing a few monsters though, they had almost got me even as I was wearing full iron armor.

After 6+ hours of playing, I still haven't found anything to heal myself with.

The game world is much bigger than I thought. I read somewhere that it was 256x256 but I just dug a straight tunnel for what I estimate is about 500 blocks. I started close to my spawn which I assume to be in the center of the world. I dug, hardly coming across anything for that length, until the passage opened to a HUGE cave system at the other end. I had to run back after killing a few monsters though, they had almost got me even as I was wearing full iron armor.

After 6+ hours of playing, I still haven't found anything to heal myself with.

Pork from pigs

The game world is much bigger than I thought. I read somewhere that it was 256x256 but I just dug a straight tunnel for what I estimate is about 500 blocks.

Huh? I remember reading the world is infinite. It keeps on generating new land when you walk to the edges.

Pork from pigs

Indeed. Not all pigs drop meat when you kill them, though. And if you cook the pork, it will give you more healing points.

There's a bottom to the world, but horizontally it's made on the fly around you as you travel. I'm not sure if there's a roof.

Huh? I remember reading the world is infinite. It keeps on generating new land when you walk to the edges.

Cool. Maybe the initial area generated was 256 squared then.

There's a bottom to the world, but horizontally it's made on the fly around you as you travel. I'm not sure if there's a roof.

You are correct and yes, there is a roof.

Holy crap, that cave system was more than HUGE, it just goes down and down and keeps extending this way and that. I found all kinds of materials to mine there, but just as I was headed back towards home, some of those sneaky exploding guys killed me :(

You are correct and yes, there is a roof.

Yep. It's pretty low, too, considering the otherwise gigantic scope of the world.

The most efficient way to heal yourself is to make bread. Plow some grass to find seeds, then plant them into plowed land a couple of tiles away from water. Build some fences around because a lot of stomping by animals and things will kill your wheat. Torches make the wheat grow faster. Forget about your patch for a little while. Come back later and plow it all, you will get a fair amount of wheat and more seeds than you planted. Continue the process ad infinitum. Three horizontal wheats make a bread. Breads don't stack, but wheat does. That makes it an efficient food. A little bit of work goes into it, but before you know it you will have a lot of healing capability and no guilt over the pigs holocaust.

Torches make the wheat grow faster.

To be precise, torches act as sunlight in the dark, and wheat (and trees!) only grow(s!) with sunlight. This means you can make a field underground if you want and use torches to make wheat grow. Alternatively, skylights, etc.

But to sum that all up: yes! Torches make wheat grow faster.