Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 10: Nasty/Good/Badass

Snaps. Claps. Vengeance. (It's In The Game!)

For other often hilarious video game titles, try this random video game name generator.

http://norefuge.net/vgng/vgng.html

I've gotten some jewels with this one.

Medieval Hobo Girl

Tiger Woods' Vocabulary - 3rd Strike

Dr. Ostrich Through Time

Canadian Landmine Challenge

Edited by thegoodguylives

Ps: just realised Max Ides' evil unknown boss would so totally have to be Phaedrus.

Where did the name Phaedrus come from anyway into that phone voice joke? I associate Phaedrus with Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance / Plato's dialogues.

Where did the name Phaedrus come from anyway into that phone voice joke? I associate Phaedrus with Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance / Plato's dialogues.

Something to do with Will Wright of (Ex?) Maxis, if I remember correctly.

Something to do with Will Wright of (Ex?) Maxis, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, he used the pen name (podium name?) Phaedrus for his talk at GDC 2010. At some point in the conf grenade the thumbs were doing a kidnapper voice for some unrelated reason, and Phaedrus got called back into it.

Yeah, he used the pen name (podium name?) Phaedrus for his talk at GDC 2010. At some point in the conf grenade the thumbs were doing a kidnapper voice for some unrelated reason, and Phaedrus got called back into it.
That raises the question of why they were doing the kidnapper voice. My theory is that they had actually kidnapped someone, and they were practicing for the phone call.

If I remember correctly (and by the time we recorded that Conf Grenade it was 11pm on the last day of the conf and I'd been GDC'ing it for four days straight) Jake just said that the name Phaedrus sounded like the shitty nickname a serial killer/kidnapper would use and off he went.

A Phamily of Phaedruses was born much later.

If I remember correctly (and by the time we recorded that Conf Grenade it was 11pm on the last day of the conf and I'd been GDC'ing it for four days straight) Jake just said that the name Phaedrus sounded like the shitty nickname a serial killer/kidnapper would use and off he went.

A Phamily of Phaedruses was born much later.

Definitely the secret contractor behind Max Ides's latest cases.

"Ides, it's Phaedrus. I need you."

"EVERYTHING I LOVE DIES."

"... Not like that."

So as the title suggests, I think Limbo is the countdown ender, or rather, almost was for me. I listened to the cast before playing the game and I still found myself shocked the first time I died (about 5 secs. in). It was quite sobering and I felt bad, not because I had died so soon or so easily, but because I had let down the little boy I was suppose to be helping. I kept playing for a few minutes until the part when you finally see another person, who sitting at the bottom of a hill. That's when I almost lost it. It's the first time I can remember that a game has made me the slightest bit emotional. This game is badass.

Also...tasty remix Snooglebum, but I feel "G-Funk Revival" is a more accurate genre label.

Agreed, the first time you see a person I damn near lost my shit. Jake and I were actually playing it together and even then I think I yelled "FUCK THIS GAME," and was secretly glad I was not at the reigns.

Stupid confesion: I spent 30 euros for low quality conection in middle of nowhere in Greece to download last 2 episodes.

Snaps. Claps. Vengeance. (It's In The Game!)

For other often hilarious video game titles, try this random video game name generator.

http://norefuge.net/vgng/vgng.html

I've gotten some jewels with this one.

Medieval Hobo Girl

Tiger Woods' Vocabulary - 3rd Strike

Dr. Ostrich Through Time

Canadian Landmine Challenge

Scandanavian Surgery Simulator

Jedi Yeti Uncensored

Iron Unicorn Gladiator

Communist Jazz - Collector's Edition

Helicopter Llama - Hot Pursuit

:tup::tup:

EDIT: also,

Also, it's too late to stop the Max Ides oversaturation; There's already a song.

http://tindeck.com/listen/oojs

...which probably doesn't help. :P

Snoogle, I don't know why but that Max Ides theme....it just has something to it....fuck, I've listened to it at least 10 times in a row, I think....

EDIT 2: 21 times, so far....lol. I gotta stop.

Edited by tm_drummer

Why would that be sad? You (possibly) read Star Wars comics. :tup:

Btw, your link is somewhat funny to me, because the Jedi Yeti's name is K'Kruhk. There's a similar Croatian word - "kruh" that means bread.....ok, ya'll can stop laughing now. ( :naughty: )

So as the title suggests, I think Limbo is the countdown ender, or rather, almost was for me. I listened to the cast before playing the game and I still found myself shocked the first time I died (about 5 secs. in). It was quite sobering and I felt bad, not because I had died so soon or so easily, but because I had let down the little boy I was suppose to be helping. I kept playing for a few minutes until the part when you finally see another person, who sitting at the bottom of a hill. That's when I almost lost it. It's the first time I can remember that a game has made me the slightest bit emotional. This game is badass.

Also...tasty remix Snooglebum, but I feel "G-Funk Revival" is a more accurate genre label.

Arrrgh, I want to play Limbo so much, but I can't. This makes me angry!

Also... what the hell is a G-Funk? And why is it being revived?

So as the title suggests, I think Limbo is the countdown ender, or rather, almost was for me.

For me it was RDR. It didn't outright make me cry, but at least a couple of tears were dropped.

I can't remember if another game has done that before. May have.

I find this funny because there actually are Jedi Yetis.

(I realize how sad it is that I know this.)

I totally clicked your links, excited to see a Jedi Wampa.

Color me disappointed.

Also... what the hell is a G-Funk? And why is it being revived?

What the whaaaa!!! Grab your books cause I'm 'bout to school your ass, son!

hold on to your butts...cause they're about to shake!

Edited by idiotpassenger
youtube fail

Why would that be sad? You (possibly) read Star Wars comics. :tup:

I don't, and actually don't care about Star Wars at all (except for KOTOR II, which I will evangelize endlessly), but I play in a Star Wars Saga tabletop RPG game and tend to inadvertently gather an encyclopedic knowledge of settings I play in even when I don't care. It's weird.

I totally clicked your links, excited to see a Jedi Wampa.

Color me disappointed.

My apologies!

And now back to your show.