Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Alien swarm

I hope to one day be as good as Patters. His "Friendly Fire" score is always so high! He can get around 50-60 despite accidentally killing me! I've been trying so hard, but can't get mine above 10 or so.

I just hit level 27. Now I have to decide if I want to Promote (Prestige) and lose all my unlocks...

:tup:

Black Cat forumers want a youtube video :)

I'm lazy! Plus I don't have anything installed to capture video! and I'm lazy!

I am awesome at killing my team. Seriously, if I have a shotgun stand BEHIND me. I reckon it may be due to playing a lot of shmups, I kill everything.

Aesthetically it really reminds me of Shadow Complex, the lighting in particular seems very similar.

looks like alien swarm doesn't like my network setup... can't connect to a single server

ah well.. still have a just cause 2 to work on

I hate people using shotguns... if you're in front of them, you get a blast up you ass, if you're behind them they're always dancing around to get as close as possible to enemies, so they're always jumping at your line of fire

It may not be Axel F, but I found another track that fits in unusually well...

Us_wQJzhF1k

Came across a couple of glitches today:

If you roll into the left side of the ship that you use as a bridge this can happen:

Hk0V0ScL-0M

Also if you pick up another persons turret you can lose your weapon, entirely (either that or Sean "Famous Bandanaman" Vanaman stole my god damn shotgun as he was the only other person playing commander).

It's also interesting to see how people who are unfamiliar with the game play, we had a very proactive medic. It was more of a test to see how well the game capped though. Expect a later version with the wizard over it.

cbnDgxxJzgM

Also if you pick up another persons turret you can lose your weapon, entirely (either that or Sean "Famous Bandanaman" Vanaman stole my god damn shotgun as he was the only other person playing commander).

I'd say that any endeavor to remove shotguns from your hands is a noble one. I salute you, Bandanaman!

Don't know if old, but there's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with the dev console:

firstperson

asw_hide_marine 1

asw_controls 0

Enables first person mode

asw_horde_override 1

asw_wanderer_override 1

Unlocks AI director

asw_fast_reload_under_marine 1

Put's the active reload bar under your character

Check out this link for more.

Finally managed to play an online game, it's much more interesting online.

Had a really weird game, there was this one guy that was running way ahead and sealing all doors behind him...so pretty much everybody was left behind waiting for him to return and unseal the doors.

Oh wow, I know the exact incident, and I was sure it was me and my wanton use of the grenade launcher. <.<;

I still wish i had taken a screenshot of patters going executioner style on asembo with the shotgun.

I still wish i had taken a screenshot of patters going executioner style on asembo with the shotgun.

I think that was Sombre

Look, all I know is there was a head involved, with a shotgun behind it. That's all that really matters!

Got to play Alien Swarm for a decent session yesterday. We didn't win, but had a lot of fun all the same--so much so I'm interested in getting the SDK and seeing how tricky it might be to build new levels.

:tup: from me!

Got to play Alien Swarm for a decent session yesterday. We didn't win, but had a lot of fun all the same--so much so I'm interested in getting the SDK and seeing how tricky it might be to build new levels.

:tup: from me!

It's just like the hammer SDK from things like CS: Source, but with the ability to use tiles to paint. Or so I'm told.

It's just like the hammer SDK from things like CS: Source, but with the ability to use tiles to paint. Or so I'm told.

That sounds encouraging. Last 3D level I built for a game was the original Quake; it had a burning car in it. :fart:

Might download the Alien Swarm SDK and have a poke about this week sometime in that case. It would be great to make something again after so long, especially to play with other people.

Edit¹ - Also just found this, but haven't watched it through yet:

Edit² - And the SDK forum over on Black Cat Games would probably be a sensible place to start as well. :getmecoat

This sounds awesome, downloading it right now. Is this game very noob friendly? I'd like to play with you guys, but I'm afraid I'll just fuck everything up right away.

It has friendly fire, but not as extreme as it was in the mod. In the 2K4 version, a single shotgun blast could take down the rest of the team. Typically, newbies would go "OOH! Flamethrower!", take it, then panic later and spin around, setting everyone on fire and igniting any ammo satchels they were carrying. BOOM :tup:

A part of the fun is just how wrong things can go. Also, it was pretty amazing to set the mod loose, watch teams of four perishing endlessly in FF incidents, then after about a week of gradual improvement automatically make formations (diamond tends to work well), move efficiently and cover sectors.

This sounds awesome, downloading it right now. Is this game very noob friendly? I'd like to play with you guys, but I'm afraid I'll just fuck everything up right away.

Play it on easy and it's very noob friendly... just make sure to give the tutorial a try beforehand to get a hang of the mechanics (although you'll learn about 5% of what you need to know).

Having so much fun with this so far. I've gone through the game like 4 times now and still having fun, especially now with trying new campaigns available on the Swarm Armory site. I'm thinking of making my own just for fun.

Also, I just got the Outstanding Execution achievement which is "Complete a campaign on Normal difficulty or harder without any marines dying." - this one was tough especially playing with randoms. I think I am going to try a run on Insane mode soon.

I finished all missions on Easy and Hard, and now I'm trying Insane. It's quite addicting, and even more fun when playing with friends who have a mic. :tup: