Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 9: Rolling With the Pope

I don't know, I like it but... Max Ides: The Origins of Darkness sounds a little better. BUT. If we stick with yours, it would have to be;

The Ides of Darkness: Origins of Max; Blue Moon Rising

American McGee's Max Ides: Maximum Origins: Awakening: Redemption.

I still have Max Ides in my head as a graphic novel Sin City style.

Silhouette of a man standing in a doorway with a gun

Business Man in Suit: "M-M-Max Ides! What are you doing here?"

Max: "You know"

Man: "But it's the 14th!"

Half of maxes face is revealed from the shadows smoking a cigarette

Max: "It's February"

gunshot

That and the scene with him in a clocktower taking clients on his cellphone, then killing someone on the first dong.

Man: "But it's the 14th!"

Half of maxes face is revealed from the shadows smoking a cigarette

Max: "It's February"

gunshot

I would watch that movie. For real.

At some point today when I'm supposed to be writing an English Language essay, I'll compile all the knowledge/scenes we have of Ides, and then attempt to make it into a cohesive story.

Please. video games, Famous, Scoops... Make it into an XBLIG. I would love you forever.

I would gladly write an XNA game if someone wanted to do the art assets.

I know I need to lighten up on the topic, but all negativity aside, it's absolutely fascinating because I don't think I've seen a joke get run into the ground so much, so quickly.

Again, don't interpret that as negative even though it really looks like it, I'm actually now fascinated how much more of it is yet to be created.

I know I need to lighten up on the topic, but all negativity aside, it's absolutely fascinating because I don't think I've seen a joke get run into the ground so much, so quickly.

Again, don't interpret that as negative even though it really looks like it, I'm actually now fascinated how much more of it is yet to be created.

Well, run into the ground sounds pretty negative :P

It's still the same as it always was - a meta-joke at the expense of the games industry as a whole.

Murdoc I think you over-saturated yourself with it, it honestly has nothing on any other running gags this show is known for. I think you just need to ignore it if it bugs you.

Nah I get the joke, I get why its funny and it doesn't matter if I think it is or not. And yeah again, I guess my fascination with this now is based on a negative principle that I think its been thoroughly explored.

And again, I don't mean to piss on everyone's parade, I didn't mean that comment to be taken negatively, but rather if you take a step back at the chain of ideas, it's fascinating.

Edit for concision:

Man: "But it's the 13th!"

Half of max's face is revealed from the shadows smoking a cigarette. A distant clocktower begins chiming for midnight but before the second "dong"...

Max: "Not anymore. Plus, it's February"

gunshot

I dunno, the "Not any more. Plus, it's February" seems much less concise. I think I'd prefer:

Max: "You already know."

Man: "But tomorrow's the 14th!"

First dong of midnight (heh)

Max: "It's February."

gunshot

I dunno, the "Not any more. Plus, it's February" seems much less concise. I think I'd prefer:

Yes. The "Plus" makes him sound unprofessional and lax.

That's true. I meant concision in the sense of plugging the clocktower dong into the same scene. I still think it's more badass if the victim somehow isn't even aware that it's near midnight which "Tomorrow is the 14th" kind of implies he does know.

I just think

"It's the 13th!"

*Dong*

"Not anymore."

*Shot*

Would be best

Then a shot of the victim lying on the ground, hand covering the bloody wound in his chest.

"But *cough* but"

Max takes a step back into the shadows.

"Its February"

Cue theme.

Then a shot of the victim lying on the ground, hand covering the bloody wound in his chest.

"But *cough* but"

Max takes a step back into the shadows.

"Its February"

Cue theme.

And we'd get a voiceover from Max. It's required.

I like the sequence, but wouldn't it have to be the 12th at the start? According to dictionary.com The ides of February is the 13th day.

Hope you don't mind a little "Yes, and"

Max chases his target leaping across rooftops. The mark thinks he's won when Max doesn't chance a long jump. He opens the staircase door only to see Max standing there smoking a cigarette, with several smoldering butts on the ground as though he's been there for hours. He backs the scared criminal up to the edge of the building...

Target: B-but you won't touch me! You can't! It's the 12th!

Clock Strikes Midnight

MI: Not anymore

Gunshot

Target: At least *cough* I made you break your code.

Max hands the mark a piece of paper

Camera shot of target with the paper in the bottom third of the shot, showing the target looking up from the page and then falling into the alley below. Camera closes up on his dead body. Looking up a single sheet of paper gently falls down and lands on the body. Camera looks back at the body to reveal it's the February page of the calendar, with each square x-ed out up to the 12th, which begins to soak up blood on the 13th square.

At this point if it was a marvel style movie, it would become fully blood red and that would transition into a red cg calendar to start the opening cinematic.

At this point if it was a marvel style movie, it would become fully blood red and that would transition into a red cg calendar to start the opening cinematic.

I think I enjoy that page-flipping Marvel studio logo at the beginning of its movies more than I have enjoyed any of the content of the movies themselves.

I think I enjoy that page-flipping Marvel studio logo at the beginning of its movies more than I have enjoyed any of the content of the movies themselves.

MARVEL BURNED BY CHRIS REMO

I only wish it were literal.

MARVEL EXECUTIVES BURNED WITH BLOWTORCH BY GAMASUTRA'S CHRIS REMO

I see Snooglebum beat me to the punch, but I was inspired to write some silly Max Ides trailer music: http://ian.airborn-studios.com/Demos/MaxIdes.mp3

It's really slow. Because, well, you know.

Oh god, that is awesome.

The entire time I was listening (and re-listening) to that I was envisioning it in movie trailer form. I can see the entire thing in my head from the first shot to the final screen with Max Ides Coming Soon... on it. Now I just need a few thousand dollars, multiple actors and some impossible to find locations and I could make a sweet trailer for a non-existant film. :getmecoat