Sign in to follow this  
Jake

I feel bad for Ron Gilbert

Because his blog consists of good entries followed by all of us choking his comments pages with our own piss. Especially when we're commenting on things we've already commented on both here and AG ¬ ¬ Oh well, maybe he likes it.

I suspect he doesn't like it, because when he went on vacation he disabled the comment system with the following explanation:

I've disabled comments while I am gone. As the site has become more popular, I've been the victim of comment spam (not to mention a few childish spats) and until I get a better system in place to deal with it, I have to resort to this draconian police state measure.

He just needs to execute everybody who mentions the Secret of Monkey Island.

If you take a few letters out of his full name and rearrange them, you get "GOB".

And if you replace B with D, you get "GOD".

So I never feel bad for him.

I don't worship him, but I do respect him for coming up with the general concepts of Monkey Island, insult swordfighting, etc. Not so sure if I want to see "Ron Gilbert Presents: Monkey Island 3: Real Edition" ever though. But hm, that's a pretty classic game name. Call up marketing.

I have a feeling that he came up with the whole "not killing the player for taking a few steps in the wrong direction in adventure games" thing,

so I worship him.

If you look closely at all my MI fan art, they all have the phrase "RG RULEZ" hidden somewhere. Don't look for it though because I may be lying.

"Ron Gilbert Presents: Monkey Island 3: Real Edition"

This name has colons. That is a naming no no. See what you've all taught me.

This name has colons. That is a naming no no. See what you've all taught me.

The name does not have enough colons!

"Ron Gilbert presents: Monk3y Island: The real edition: A game"

Maybe he should make a filter that changes every reference to anything Monkey Island related to something else ala Fark.

For whatever reason message boards on sites like Fark are forever plagued with morons posting 'First Post' anytime a link is posted. Fark automatically turns the words 'first post' into the word 'boobies' and resets the timestamp on the message to twelve hours into the future.

Could be amusing. :gaming:

For whatever reason message boards on sites like Fark are forever plagued with morons posting 'First Post' anytime a link is posted. Fark automatically turns the words 'first post' into the word 'boobies' and resets the timestamp on the message to twelve hours into the future.

That totally rules!

I doubt MI is a forbidden subject, as he links to MI content in his blog, its just the ridiculous off topic banter that seems to be there for the sake of scraping a little bit of validation out of Gilbert via reply to the comments or mention in a future post. Oh well, I probably would have done the same thing six or seven years ago. :(

edit: Holy shit that's a scary frowning emoticon.

Dude, Yufster, why didn't you tell us that you're really Ron Gilbert?! So, what's the real secret of Monkey Island?!!! Come on, Yufster, you can tell me! PLZ!!!!! You rule!!!

:worship:

As soon as he found out I'm not Ron Gilbert, he proceeded to hate me on the WOMI forums. He says I accused him of plagarism...?

P.S. Why does everybody always assume I'm drunk?

P.S. Why does everybody always assume I'm drunk?

God no! You mean you actually remember everything the next day? ;(

--Erwin

You guys are gonna be so sorry, when you find out my true identity.

Oh wait, somebody already did that, didn't they?

The name does not have enough colons!

"Ron Gilbert presents: Monk3y Island: The real edition: A game"

What about the cover just having a rubber chicken with a pulley on the middle, and at the bottom in small letters: A Ron Gilbert Game.

Or they could just add Monkey Island just over the rubber chicken.

GENIUS I TELL YOU!

RAN GILBLARTO!11111111

Anyway, he is ace and quite possibly a gaming genius, but on the few times I've read his blog, I've never really had anything to add to what he's said, especially since it seems I am 'Queen of Useless Comments'.

I am 'Queen of Useless Comments'.

Really? We sure are have a lot of royalty hanging out on these forums. I think you're in good company with our 'Queen of Lies'.

--Erwin